Columnist
Only an epilogue to go....

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Loved the apartment scenes in 8 & 9. You captured Lois and Clark at their best. Relaxed, open, honest and vulnerable. love Just sooo good together.

The entire story was such fun to read. Simply magical! It was like revisiting the very best parts of the TV show.

Thank you for sharing this delightful romantic tale.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Saras!

Lois had never felt more comfortable on this date than she did in her apartment, with no makeup, a casual tank top and his arms around her waist.
One could say, ready for bed with her live-in boyfriend.

. It meant that her behaviour hadn’t been some huge red flag that things were doomed to fail.
No, his constant lying and helicopter protecting will take care of that.

Coffee or tea?”

“Neither,” she replied, taking his hand and leading him into the living room.
And now I see her in that same setup at some point in the future and Lois leads him to the bedroom instead.

LOIS: What? It didn't look like he was gonna make a move. Ever. And I do wanna know what I'm buying, now that I've given up on Superman.

But…I don’t know Clark Kent, the…boyfriend. Or potential boyfriend. Or guy I’m dating or…oh God, shoot me now, please?”
Awww…Clark Kent the assassin. Or was she going to say, “Clark Kent that guy I’m boinking”?

I just…I guess I want time to get to talk to you and to know you.”
And usually, he's only available for about 15 minutes at a time before he remembers that he needs to feed the cat of the video rental store clerk where he has to return his ex-girlfriend’s video tape.

My English teacher Mr. Beeler said ‘a good reporter knows the facts. A great reporter understands their meaning’. I guess I’ve always wanted to understand the meaning behind the facts.”
Hey, he can use that later during the reveal: since Lois will want to be a great reporter, she can't just go with the fact that he has lied to her for two years, she has to understand that he did it to protect her and his parents. And because he liked her adoring attention.

“I get too intense, sometimes.”

“Don’t be sorry,” he said, reaching for her hand once more. “It’s one of the things I lo…like best about you.
Aww, he loves it when she looks at him like a lioness about to devour a rabbit.

She had a lot of good qualities but…we weren’t right for each other.”
She liked next-door quarterbacks, he liked floating.

“Jimmy was my secret Santa two years ago,” she filled in. “That was when he was a little bit afraid of me. I’m guessing he didn’t know what to buy,
Went with a CD with songs from Lois’s teenage years?
JIMMY: Once I realized when she was born, I almost tried to run off into the woods to hide. Perry said not to bother. If she was really angry, she’d hunt me down anywhere. Once, she took off for Paris, and when she got back half a year later, she nailed a tie to her cubicle wall and handed her first Congo arms trader story in. It won her a Kerth the next year. Never understood that it was about the tie, though.

“I should go,” he said reluctantly. “Believe me, I don’t want to, but…this could get…dangerous.”
We had a fic once, Lois rescuing Kal-El I think, and they’re on the run for a day or two and end up in bed. Anyway, Martha mentions that Lois had known the guy for what amounted to several dates, far longer than typical dating relationships last before that step is taken.

“You know me,” she said, unable to help herself as she pressed her body against his, “I like danger.”
Danger! Danger!
[Linked Image]

Her pulse raced, she pressed her body against his, and this time she felt exactly what he meant by things getting dangerous.
shock Sara! clap

“About me, I mean. Things that could make this...complicated.”
LOIS: As long as it’s not a secret wife you have stashed away in Smallville…
CLARK: Smallville? No. No secret wife in Smallville. I can promise that.

/heads over to the epilogue/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard