Lois & Clark Forums
Why, when someone who is super AND has heat vision, don't they use said heat vision to melt the seam of the lead container together so the dang thing won't open???

James
If you mean, sealing the lid of the lead box so that the kryptonite radiation doesn't seep through... I think it's been done in The Parent Trap .

Nevertheless, it's a super cool idea! wave
I remember Lois doing it at one point when both she and Clark are super.

Maybe the Girl Next Door?

Not sure...

Carol
Yeah, that was The Girl Next Door, which is an awesome fic.

What I'd like to see is a scenario where there's a lead-lined room, but instead of dashing in in his trademark heroic-but-stupid way "I'll save y--- ack! Kryptonite <thud>" SM takes the time to think about it, listens in, and maybe picks a corner of the room and starts getting rid of the lead, so he can peek in through the hole (think of Lois in the closet with the bullet holes at the Metro Club). And/or feel kryptonite twinges. You know, just for the unexpected change of pace.

PJ
Originally posted by ChiefPam:

What I'd like to see is a scenario where there's a lead-lined room, but instead of dashing in in his trademark heroic-but-stupid way "I'll save y--- ack! Kryptonite <thud>" SM takes the time to think about it, listens in, and maybe picks a corner of the room and starts getting rid of the lead, so he can peek in through the hole (think of Lois in the closet with the bullet holes at the Metro Club). And/or feel kryptonite twinges. You know, just for the unexpected change of pace.

PJ
Or letting the bomb squad handle the bomb, or calling the cops...

Oh, wait - I wrote that. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I just got to that section of TGND. Great scene.
Originally posted by ChiefPam:

PJ
There's something like that in my story California Cousin although the circumstances are a little different - there's someone on the inside carrying a transmitter who knows that L&C are listening.
blush

Thank you for the kind words about that scene in TGND. That was my husband's idea - when I picked his brains for ideas on how to resolve the situation I'd put Lois in. It was so elegantly simple - and effective.

I'm glad you guys like the story. clap

'Toc
Have to admit that was the scene that spawned the post. I was reading your story and was thinking to myself, "Lois is right there! Just zap the thing!"

And then you had her do it. It was wonderful.

James
I cant seem to find the story "The Girl Next door", does it still exist ?
Here is the link.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards