Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Onaleia FDK: Girls Don't Make Passes - 08/07/05 03:14 PM
Brava for an original take on the topic! Very thoughtful, very believable. Excellent job. clap
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: Girls Don't Make Passes - 08/07/05 04:06 PM
That's a great idea, and a great story! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

I admit, at first I was a little disappointed for not actually seeing the scene where Lana dumps Clark (don't get me wrong, I just wanted to make 100% sure that this *is* what happens), but, thinking it over, it's better this way. Poor Clark, such an innocent and good boy!

Kudos again, Mary. Keep writing!!
See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Carolyn Re: FDK: Girls Don't Make Passes - 08/08/05 08:22 PM
I really like you're take on the glasses topic.
Very interesting and gives a look of how Clark realizes Lana it's not the right woman for him razz
The end is perfect IMO because knowing Clark's motives for his decision and his feelings makes more intense what we know *will* happen.

Carolyn smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: Girls Don't Make Passes - 08/11/05 05:48 AM
I agree with Carolyn that the anticipation of the ending is much more powerful than actually seeing the result.

Beautifully done, Mary - very poignant and evocative and nicely original, too.

Don't forget to mail all these new vignettes of yours to the Archive soon, you hear? wink

LabRat smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FDK: Girls Don't Make Passes - 08/11/05 06:40 AM
"If the scrunchie fits," Marvin said as he reached up and pushed his glasses up with one finger.
Brilliant, very cool!! What a good way to start a legend.

TEEEEEJ
Posted By: Dave Re: FDK: Girls Don't Make Passes - 08/12/05 05:32 AM
Wow Mary...

That was great. A brilliant little insight into his life, and surprisingly (though it shouldn't be considering it's *you*) original.

I love where it left off. And... well... the whole thing, really. Just brilliant smile

I admit I *was* waiting for a punchline but wasn't disappointed in the least when it took another direction.

Brilliantly done!

Dave
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK: Girls Don't Make Passes - 10/30/05 08:32 PM
I think it was brillant too! I would have liked to have seen more, but I always want more. Though, I think you ended it in the right spot.

Quote: "If the scrunchie fits," Marvin said as he reached up and pushed his glasses up with one finger.

I agree - a good one!

Off to read it again and go back to studying. That's all the fic I have have today *sniffle*.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards