Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Laura S Fan Art: Stamp...thing - 01/27/07 08:12 PM
I've been taking a beginners art class and for one of our assignments we were asked to "glorify" a celebrity or character. Then, once we came up with our designs we received a piece of unfinished linoleum (which was like a floppy piece of rubber) and we carved out the light parts of our design to make a stamp. Then we rolled it in ink and pasted it on to different sheets of paper. ANYWAY, I tried my best at carving out Clark. He's a little funny looking, but that's due to my inexpert hand, since that man is gorgeous smile1 So here's the print I made from the stamp.

[Linked Image]

Just thought I'd post it, as it's a little different. *shrug*
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Fan Art: Stamp...thing - 01/27/07 08:45 PM
That looks good! It's lino printing right?
Posted By: Laura S Re: Fan Art: Stamp...thing - 01/27/07 08:47 PM
Crap, I knew it had a name. My art teacher would be very disappointed in me for forgetting. blush Yes. Linoprinting. *smacks head*
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Fan Art: Stamp...thing - 01/28/07 12:52 PM
That's pretty cool, Laura. You have a steady hand; that's a lot better than anything I ever did in graphics!
Posted By: Schnuffichen Re: Fan Art: Stamp...thing - 01/28/07 03:06 PM
Wow, Laura, that looks absolutely stunning!

In my art classes at school, I used to fail all the time. But the lino printings were kind of the worst of the worst... wink

Keep on doing - I'm very impressed!

Jana
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fan Art: Stamp...thing - 01/28/07 10:07 PM
Ooh, spiffy!! Way better than I could have done, Laura! And I didn't get a chance to say it before, but welcome to the boards! party

Sara smile
Posted By: Laurach Re: Fan Art: Stamp...thing - 04/17/11 09:25 PM
I really like this. Nice job!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards