Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Poussin FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/10/06 02:07 AM
"Somewhere..." is my last story, my first try at an angsty story. It's already completely written, but I haven't posted it yet because, contrary to my other stories, I wrote this one first in french to traduct it in english later... Except that now I don't seem able to bring myself to do the traduction... But I did a video trailer and a poster for it, so if you don't read french but you want to read the story, don't hesitate to nag me to finish the tradution wink (And, well... If you do read french, the story is available on my website, and I submitted it to the Archives yesterday for the other language section, so it should be available there as well in a few weeks time)

Here's the trailer:
http://www.folcvideo.com/trailer/Somewhere.wmv

and the poster:
[Linked Image]

Of course, I would appreciate very much feedbacks on my video and my poster smile

Enjoy!
Posted By: caincrazy Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/10/06 04:32 AM
The trailer looks good, please post the story in english, i cant wait.
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/10/06 10:34 AM
Wow - it looks amazing! notworthy Please translate it into English, I really would *love* to read it!! hail
Posted By: minimunch3 Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/10/06 01:58 PM
Loved the trailer, and great job on the poster! The way I see it, you don't really have a choice. You have to translate the story and post it. laugh

~Kristen
Posted By: tayryn Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/10/06 02:39 PM
Loved the trailer. Please translate it into English. grovel
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/11/06 10:13 PM
Now I want to read it! Note to self - learn French!
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/12/06 05:59 AM
Thank you all! I'm glad you liked that trailer. And it's good to know I'll have readers when I'll post my story.

You already helped me a lot. I've traducted 5 pages today smile
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/13/06 02:32 PM
I hope you are working on this day and night cause now I am curious lol smile

Wonderfully angsty trailer and great poster! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/16/06 02:26 AM
Well... I'm not exactly working on it day and night, LoisLaneWannaBe, but I do make progress.

I have to admit that I am still very lazy about doing the traduction, so I changed tactics. I used a traduction software to do all the work for me. Of course, now, I have to re-read it all to see all the little things it traduced wrong, and correct them. But it still quicker, and I already have 15 pages done (on 66).

I'm glad you found the trailer angsty; I wanted to write an angsty story, and I hope you'll think I have succeeded when I'll post it.

Thank you for the feedback smile
Posted By: jackiek Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/18/06 11:04 AM
Oh looks great! I am one of the lucky ones who does speak French so I'm off to read it.

EDIT: J'ne peux pas trouver "quelque part" sure ton site.

Jackie
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/18/06 12:13 PM
Thanks, Jackie.

On my site, "Quelque Part..." is on the Fanarts section, then in the sub-section Fanfics en français.

But it's simpler to read it on the Archives. It had been uploaded last weekend. Here's the link to my story:
http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2006/siolquel.txt

I hope you'll like it smile
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/18/06 01:12 PM
Oh looks great! I am one of the lucky ones who does speak French so I'm off to read it.
So not fair!

J/K!!! laugh
Posted By: jackiek Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/18/06 08:04 PM
Thanks, Poussin. I'm about 1/3 into it and I'm so impressed. I'm loving it!

Jackie
Posted By: doublel Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 10/19/06 05:40 AM
Beautiful job Poussin!

Man, I really want to learn how to do these.

Would love to read the story

doublel
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 01/19/07 01:30 PM
Since october, I kind of abandoned the traduction of my story. But two days ago, I heard again the song that had inspired me to write this story in the first place, and that made me want to finish the traduction. I spent the day of yesterday and the day of today working on it, and I am already 3/4 done. I'd be able to post soon the story in english.

Do someone want to take a look at it first to help me edit the grammar mistakes?
Posted By: XX-Lizz-XX Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 05/16/07 12:34 PM
Thanx poussin !!! laugh laugh laugh
I really loved, the start of that clip was really funny :p
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 05/17/07 09:49 AM
Thank you. What did you think so funny? The Poussin Productions Clip with the pictures of my avatar or was it something in the trailer itself? Because I was trying to make something angsty, so... dizzy
Posted By: woody Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 05/17/07 02:43 PM
I'm right at the point where I can kind of understand phrases in French, but only because my dad taught me a bit of French as a kid and I know some Spanish too.
Posted By: Laura S Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 05/17/07 03:04 PM
I'm joining the plea to urge you to translate it. smile It looks fantastic. I'd love to read it! But I'm afraid that my rudimentary Spanish probably won't help me understand a French story. *Sigh* Why did I pick SPANISH in school?! Why?
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 05/17/07 03:34 PM
Thanks smile

You won't have to wait too long anymore. I've done with the translation since the end of January. And Olympe is now helping me to fix my grammar mistakes and other language problems before I start to post. We already have the teaser and the 3 firsts parts done (there is 9). But since we are pretty busy at the moment with new things we commited to (she is a moderator for a new boards about Lois and Clark in german, and I'm responsible for a fanfic section, about Superman in all his version, in a french website), we choose to wait a little longer to start to post these firsts parts. That way, you won't have to wait too long between the parts, time for us to finish the corrections.
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 05/21/07 08:37 AM
wow the trailer is amazing, I so wonna read that story now!! I'm so glad I'm half french, now I don't have to wait for the english version wink I can read the original !

And great job on the poster!!
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT & FFP: Somewhere... - 05/21/07 02:20 PM
Thank you smile

Don't hesitate to send me a mail when you're done to tell me if you liked it. I'd be so happy wink
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards