Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Poussin FFT "A Gift For Life" - 10/31/05 03:44 PM
I made a new trailer, for one of my favourite fanfic, "A Gift for Life" by StopQuitDont and Jenni Debbage. That story made me cry a lot. It's so great I was surprised that wasn't a trailer for it yet, so I made it.

Don't hesitate to give me feedbacks.

Enjoy.

http://www.folcvideo.com/trailer/AGiftForLife.wmv
Posted By: Julia Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 10/31/05 05:28 PM
Wow Poussin, great trailer thumbsup You capture the mood of this story so well, makes me want to read it again right away.

A Gift of Life is one of my favorite stories as well and I was hoping someone would make trailer. So, thank you! wave
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 10/31/05 05:56 PM
Great story and great trailer! More soon! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be
Posted By: mmprincess Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 10/31/05 08:19 PM
I can't believe it!!!! An awesome trailer for a great story. thumbsup
Posted By: Laurach Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 10/31/05 08:34 PM
I read this one a while back and I remember it was very sad until the end of course,g> But the trailer captured the feel very nicely. Laura
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/01/05 01:11 AM
Ahh, crap. You added another story to my "to read" list... and a really friggin' long one, too! razz goofy

Really, really intense and angsty trailer, Poussin!!! clap

Sara smile
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/01/05 02:02 AM
Poussin

WOW! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Incognito Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/01/05 03:12 AM
Very well done, Poussin. I read the story awhile back and think, as the others do, that you captured the tone of it well. I liked the clips you chose, and the music they were set to. May I ask what piece of music was playing?

This makes me want to reread the piece, and I think that's a mark of a good trailer. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/01/05 04:49 AM
Oh THANK YOU. I'm so glad you liked it. Like I said, the story is really great, and I was afraid that maybe my trailer didn't made it justice.

Sara, you can add the story to your "read-list", you wouldn't regret it. The story is long but really very good.

Incognito, the song I used is "Your song" (second instrumental version) from the soundtrack of the movie "Moulin Rouge!" (the second soundtrack). The complete music lasts 4'55. Here, I used the very beginning, and a piece of the second half of the music.
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/01/05 04:59 AM
Hi Poussin,

Thank you so much for making this trailer.

I went in search of the trailer for 'Connections' and found that you'd made one for our story. smile

I can't tell you how much of a surprise this was, and such a lovely surprise too.

I think you chose the clips very well to give the prospective reader a true flavour of our story, and the music lends so much to the atmosphere.

I'd also like to know which piece of music this is. smile

Thank you so much for your hard work, and for believing our story deserved a trailer.

Yours Jenni
Posted By: Incognito Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/01/05 06:35 AM
Thanks, Poussin! I thought it sounded familiar (I actually own that soundtrack) and my mind actually did go to "Your Song," but I wasn't entirely sure, I guess because of the cut. Thanks again for the information. smile
Posted By: Nathalie Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/01/05 02:24 PM
GREAT story poussin!! well done, it was a great trailer with a sad story attached
Posted By: Simona Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/01/05 05:12 PM
Wonderful Trailer, Poussin! thumbsup

simona smile
Posted By: Nicole S Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/02/05 01:24 PM
I love this story and thought the trailer was amazing! Perfect for the story. You capture the mood. I, too, want to re-read now! smile

~NICOLE
Posted By: LaurieD Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/02/05 06:43 PM
Wow! Amazing trailer, Poussin! mecry

LaurieD
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/03/05 06:13 AM
A trailer for my favourite fanfic!!! goofy

Thanks for your fantastic job! clap

Andreia wink
Posted By: stopquitdont Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/03/05 08:39 AM
I need to chime in with the others and say 'WOW!' Great, great job. Every clip was absolutely perfect. The one with Lois on the stretcher kind of made me laugh. <g> I've always wondered what it would be like to have a fic captured with a trailer. Excellent, excellent job! If I hadn't been part of this story, this trailer would have definitely sent me to the archives to read it!

If fact...

SQD clap
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT "A Gift For Life" - 11/03/05 01:50 PM
Oh my god. I've never had so much responses before. That's so great to know you all liked it. I'm really delighted by all your feedbacks. Thank You.

I'm particularly glad about the responses of the two autors. When I do a trailer, I'm always very nervous about the reaction of the autor. I don't want to spoil their work by a bad trailer.

That's only the third trailer I post because of that. And one of them was for a story of mine. I've made anothers but I've never posted them because I think they're not good.

So I'm really glad you liked it, Jenny and StopQuitDont. But I would like to add that the fact that your story was so great definitely helped me to do a good trailer. So thank you to have writed it in the first place.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards