Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Wendymr FFT: Much Ado About... by Phil Atcliffe - 10/06/05 04:47 PM
Yes, Rach, you were right. wink This trailer is for a story I adored right from the first time I read it - Phil Atcliffe's very funny Much Ado About... .

Many thanks to El and Rach for their help with this! clap

Oh, and bonus points to anyone who can identify the music and the reason it's appropriate. wink El, you are not allowed to answer this!

Much Ado About... WMV
RealPlayer version - thanks, El!

Wendy smile
Posted By: Elena Re: FFT: Much Ado About... by Phil Atcliffe - 10/06/05 06:23 PM
El, you are not allowed to answer this!
Spoilsport! smile1
Hmm... no clue on the music, but can I have bonus points for finishing my homework in time to watch this before class? wink

The first title card went a little too fast for me, but other than that...

I loved it!!!! smile1 razz wink

Sara laugh
Wendy

WOW! smile1 I love it.

Tricia cool
Ooh, a music quiz! laugh Now, that's right up my street - back when I've downloaded and listened...

Back. laugh A hunch and a little research produced the answer. The music is from the 1993 Kenneth Branagh film of Much Ado About Nothing.

Yvonne
LOl cute story wendy. Thanks I hadn't read that one before. I really liked it. Of course the trailer was cute as well. Kisses to Puzzle. Laura
Y'know, Wendy, I am really chuffed about this. I think that this is the first trailer that anyone's done for one of my fics. Thank you for going to all that effort. You did a great job, too, and it fits in with the story so well. Serious Kudos for that. clap I'm almost surprised that anyone remembers that story -- but it was fun to write.

It's such a shame, therefore, that I have to nit-pick a little...

Firstly, the title of the story is Much Ado About... and I chose to make it vague like that deliberately. Is it much ado about nothing -- or not? Lois and Clark might not agree...

And secondly, if you must put my full first name there, at least spell it right! Two l's, not one, okay? Phillip -- though "Phil" is almost always preferable. wink

But really, I'm very grateful for the honour. Thank you again.

A Pleased Phil, who is really going to have to finish the sequel to MAA some time... :rolleyes:
Whoops!!! blush

I'm so sorry, Phil - that was just careless. :p I can't imagine how I came to get that wrong, since I re-read the story a couple of times in order to make the trailer and I was zipping back and forth from the story file to WMM several times during the making of this.

Anyway, I've corrected those errors and reuploaded the WMM version to the FoLCvideo site. The new URL is in the opening post of this thread. The RP version will still be wrong, I'm afraid, as will the title screen on the FoLCvideo website, but at least you can download a correct WMM version to your PC if you want.

Oh, and I'm glad you liked it! smile

Wendy smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards