Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LaraMoon Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 07:06 AM
Let's assume you could have your pick between the two. Who would you prefer?

Blaming this on the episode of Just Shoot Me that I saw this morning... they had that question on their magazine and I found it just really amusing.

Just curious as to what other people's reponses are. In my case, given the choice, I would pick Clark every single time. smile To me, Superman is "oh, wow!", but Clark is "awww!" and well, I'm a hopeless romantic.
Posted By: bakasi Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 07:21 AM
I'd definitely take Clark, Superpowers or not. That's one reason why I like LNC so much, because they show us a real Clark. In the movies he always shyes away. You only see him in the first 15 minutes and then he is completely replaced by Superman. I mean, if I had been Clark Kent for all my life, I wouldn't stop being this person just because I dress in spandex. And just to go with Lara... he's awwww. wink
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 07:22 AM
The choice is an easy one. Of course, you can't have one without the other, but assuming I didn't know, I'd take Clark any time.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 07:38 AM
Definitely Clark Kent. I think the reason that LNC caught my attention, where other Superman creations hadn't, was that they made Clark the real person and Superman the disguise and focused the show on Lois and Clark.

I've never been much interested in the Superman rescue portions of the show and when it comes to superpowers what fascinates and intrigues me the most is how Clark - who desperately wants to just be a 'normal' guy - has to battle with them and what problems they cause for him, rather than the positives that they give him.

I'm always more interested in the powers causing him trouble or throwing up some hassle in his life and how he overcomes that.

Plus the ship, of course. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 08:26 AM
Ditto what LabRat said.
Posted By: Matrix Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 08:34 AM
Clark Kent - of course. laugh But, Lara, I do have to say that your "Jimmy Olsen" choice just totally cracked me up and I had to have a good giggle over that one. See, I wouldn't choose Jimmy over Clark, but I always thought the 2nd Jimmy was really cute and sweet... laugh

-- DJ
Posted By: ccmalo Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 08:36 AM
I'm not sure I can answer honestly because I don't know if I'm not subconsciously influenced by the awareness that CK *is* Superman.
Even if we say that bit of knowledge doesn't matter, how can we be sure? Besides If you pick CK, you get Superman too, so two for the price of one. smile But if you pick Superman do you just get Superman?

On the other hand it's no contest, because CK has better hair. And
can you imagine S in a tie?

However, everyone knows that Superman is taller than CK, so...

Nope, much too difficult a question. laugh

c.
Posted By: ethnica Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 08:55 AM
Watch Clark bend over and tell me you could want anyone else drool ...Supes in that suit can't compare to Clark in well-fitting pants.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 09:22 AM
You guys are so totally cracking me up!
Superman in a tie. ROFL!

Ethnica, I absolutely agree with you. When he jumps to get Tempus towards the end of Tempus Fugitive, there's a *really* nice "rear shot". I'll take that over spandex anytime. Seriously!
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 10:10 AM
Clark. Definitely!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 12:02 PM
After much deliberation, I had to choose "you can't have one without the other". My first thought was to choose Clark, but after thinking about it, I realized that a lot of the things that are so likable about Clark come from the fact that he's also Superman.

But I definitely prefer him in his Clark persona.
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 01:34 PM
Clark, definitely. You can't buy the kind of friendship he could offer someone.

James
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 01:52 PM
I'm still kind of surprised that no one has voted for Superman.

...and that someone voted for Jimmy. *lol*
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 01:59 PM
Am I REALLY the only guy who wants Lois???
Posted By: Vanda Detroit Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 02:29 PM
Clark Kent. Well of course you can't have Clark without Superman. But I'd take Clark everytime - with powers or without powers wink
Posted By: Karen Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 04:40 PM
I'm the one who voted for Jimmy. And it's definitely 2nd Jimmy.

If it's just Clark Kent or Superman, it would definitely be Clark all the way. He's cute, he's thoughtful, he's funny, he's sensitive and sweet.. and darned good to look at.

Jimmy, on the other hand, would be a better fit for me. He's all of that, and he's a geek! What more could this geek girl ask for? drool
Posted By: Shadow Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 04:57 PM
LOL, I also picked Jimmy!

I love Clark. Really, I do. But it's like picking Patrick Dempsey. He's adorable to look at, but he just feels too *perfect*. I'd rather have the geeky cute guy (who I'm sure would love that I just said that if he was here tonight LOL).

JD
Posted By: Carolyn Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 05:04 PM
Well, this question came up some years ago and my answer was Clark, now I chose if you have one you can have the other...

I think I've been influenced by reading so much fanfic and re-watching a thousand times L&C, I can't help but think that Clark wanted Lois to love him as Clark, the guy "without" superpowers, but he was not normal, as Jonathan said, for him being normal is being not normal (superpowers).

The real Clark is not the person who everyone sees at the planet or the Superhero in spadex who fights crime, he's that special person that only (until Season 3) his parents had the priviledge to see.

After all this thinking blush , if I want Clark as a whole I had to choose both. :rolleyes:

Just MHO, of course.

Carolyn smile
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 05:56 PM
Of course, you can't have one without the other, but assuming I didn't know, I'd take Clark any time.
I'm in the same boat as Olympe.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 08:04 PM
hehehe smile I can see why no one would pick the "I don't care for either" option - which was there just in case there are Lex Luthor fans out there ( wildguy ) but, still no one is picking Superman over Clark. Well... except first season Lois, but she's not here to defend her position anyway. *lol*
Posted By: TOC Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/15/07 11:54 PM
How could you not choose Clark? Superman is married to the world. Only Clark can share his life with a woman.

Ann
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/16/07 06:47 PM
awww! Ann, you are so right. smile
Posted By: mmouse Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/16/07 08:41 PM
I picked Clark. Why? Because he is the real person, and Superman the facade. Clark has real worries, a real job, ideals, a LIFE. Look how boring he thought his life would be in TOGOM when he thought he'd have to be Superman only for the rest of his life. So I'd like the person, please. That way, even if Supes disappeared, Clark would remain.
Mouse
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/17/07 12:09 PM
Well, now looks like 5 people including me chose Lois :p
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/17/07 12:29 PM
Originally posted by AnKS:
Well, looks like 5 people including me chose Lois :p
Not when I posted that...
Posted By: woody Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 01/18/07 12:22 AM
Yeah, I chose Lois, too, because I love her drive. A lot of girls are beautiful, but Lois' fire sets her apart.

As far as Clark or Supes, I'd have to say both because some of my favorite parts are Clark using his powers to please Lois (like bringing chocolate) or dealing with the emotional trauma of rescuing people and seeing so many deaths and violence, so much pain.
Posted By: SmirkyRaven Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 02/11/07 12:36 AM
Clark. The end.

Good night.

SmirkyRaven
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 02/11/07 05:14 AM
Someone has clicked the "Someone else" choice and not said who or why. Concerned readers want to know! Lucy Lane? Dan Scardino? Mayson? Lex??? Martha???
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 02/11/07 10:24 AM
I'm still amazed that no one picked Superman. Hey, we've had someone pick Jimmy and someone pick Other, but NO ONE picked Superman? Oh well... LOL

And I'd be curious to know who the "Other" is, as well. Speek up, people! wink LOL
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 02/11/07 01:06 PM
Hey person that choose "someone else"...I'm dying to know who.

Someone has clicked the "Someone else" choice and not said who or why. Concerned readers want to know! Lucy Lane? Dan Scardino? Mayson? Lex??? Martha???
Oops! Already mentioned...well are they coming out of the woodwork?
Posted By: Artemis Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 02/12/07 03:06 PM
Well, it was pretty easy for me. First, I'm not a guy, so I wouldn't pick Lois. Second, I'm not in Jimmy's age bracket. My kids are older than him. Third, Supes is great when you need household chores done wink , but Clark is the caring man. And most important, I married the guy from Kansas anyway!
Great question! smile1
cool
Artemis
Posted By: elflinn Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 02/13/07 12:54 PM
I agree with you Artemis!! Supes would be pretty when it comes to household chores!! How I would love not to have to mop all my hardwood and tile floors and do laundry!!!! But, I would have to choose Clark
for wanting to live a normal life. That, in itself, being his desire to me shows that he is a very caring and compassionate when it comes to personal relationships!!! smile1
Posted By: Xcully Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 02/14/07 08:09 AM
I always love the charachter of Clark Kent! For me Supes is his alter-ego and not viceversa like the movies!
Clark is smart, a nice guy with values and a big heart! Superpowers? No, it's better a man like Clark real and lovely!
Posted By: shimauma Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 02/18/07 08:09 PM
As much as I would appreciate Superman's "ahem" abilities, I totally would have to choose Clark in regards to the romance factor. Plus if he were just "Clark" I wouldn't have to share him with the world. Superman would have to be everywhere all the time, that's kind of a relationship killer, even though I know he and Lois worked it out.
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 03/04/07 06:24 AM
I voted Clark!! wink because... he's really romantic and superman was just supposed to be the disguise:p So Clark for me;)
Posted By: The Little Tornado Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 03/19/07 04:37 AM
Glasses, brown eyes, killer hair to run your fingers through, a shirt and a tie to pull him towards me...

... with or without his superpowers, Clark every time.
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 03/20/07 08:28 PM
I went with Superman. I was worried he might be lonely, what with the overwhelming Clark-love!

Also, I'm a complete sucker for the swooping, the whooshing, and the I'm here, the day is saved pose.

sloppy

CC
Posted By: Tank Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 03/20/07 09:28 PM
C.C., it's nice to have you back. I see you were able to escape from your kidnappers.

I hope they weren't some vile villians from some other fan site.

Tank (who is worried that C.C. might have been brainwashed by some other fandom)
Posted By: The Little Tornado Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 03/21/07 01:42 AM
Why couldn't the suit be made out of silk or cotton instead of spandex? And why did it have to be so bloody gaudy (not that the Kryptonian one was any better). Perhaps then I would take Superman as well. But honestly if I had CK with his superpowers - it wouldn't be the sharing him with the rest of the world (go shoo, hon, bugger off now don't care, got stuff to do by myself anyways) that would be the problem it would be trying not to be blinded or deranged by the bright colours.

And spandex is hard to clean. and bad for the skin if you are sensitive.

Plus any man with glasses is more of a turn on for me than a guy who likes a bodybuilder in spandex.

And you know what? If CK hadn't travelled the world, I wouldn't have bothered with him in either persona. I wouldn't want him - I want someone who can relate to the fact that there is difference out there, someone with knowledge and respect because else he wouldn't be able to relate to me at all. Besides I can never stay in one place for long anyways.

The Little Tornado.
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 03/21/07 05:47 AM
And why did it have to be so bloody gaudy (not that the Kryptonian one was any better).
The gaudiness of the suit made it so that everyone was paying more attention to the suit and the powers than to his face--so they wouldn't figure out that he's also Clark Kent. Like Martha said, "They're not going to be looking at your face."
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 03/21/07 08:39 AM
The gaudiness of the suit made it so that everyone was paying more attention to the suit and the powers than to his face--so they wouldn't figure out that he's also Clark Kent. Like Martha said, "They're not going to be looking at your face."
umm... I don't know about anyone else, but it's not cause it's gaudy that I'm not looking at his face - it's cause it's so darn *tight*. yeah, mind is in the gutter a little, but come on... how can you not notice - and marvel at - all those um... muscles.

Now, mind you, I picked Clark. But it does help that he's Superman - else he wouldn't be the same anyway. The strength (not necessarily physical) and the confidence, they do come from the powers, don't they?
Posted By: LabRat Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 03/21/07 08:49 AM
ROTFL! I had to laugh at this because we just so happened to be discussing this very point on irc last night. laugh

Don't ask me. I have no clue how we got onto the subject.

Really.

LabRat smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 03/21/07 09:07 AM
umm... I don't know about anyone else, but it's not cause it's gaudy that I'm not looking at his face - it's cause it's so darn *tight*.
Well, yeah. I just didn't mention that part 'cause I thought it was pretty obvious. The gaudiness also helps to distract though.
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: Clark Kent or Superman? - 03/30/07 09:31 AM
Superman would just end up turning me into a big jumble of blushes and stuttering sentences. And I'd probably get tired of him always telling me that I need to recycle. =P

Of course, I'd be all sorts of flustered around Clark, but I'd choose him, I think. Of course, I've had a crush on the man for half my life. =D

Of course, Jimmy now... Hmmm!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards