Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Artemis FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/17/08 01:18 PM
OMG, a story from Erin! Off to read. Be back later.
cool
Artemis
Later: AWWWWW, snif, yay. So sweet and nice.
Great story, Erin!
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/17/08 01:48 PM
party party party

YAY! You posted!!!!

Love it! Still! wink

So when exactly do we get more Erin fic?

/stares at inbox

Carol
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/17/08 02:03 PM
Such a sweet story. The only thing it was missing was a blue arrow.

I loved the premise. You can just imagine how perfect the thought was, that Clark was now the only superhero in her life. I can also imagine how Clark would be pleased just knowing she had put thought into it. And the tag ending where Clark admitted that he planned on telling his parents the whole truth was fantastic.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Snave Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/17/08 03:12 PM
I've read stories of all types from these boards--stories that made me cringe, that gave me chills, that made me wide-eyed with fear for the protagonists.

But only a very few have made me want to *giggle* with pure delight. blush This was one of them.

Erin, your story was original, the premise was very clever and completely unexpected, and the outcome was WAFFy and wonderful. What a great way for Lois to find out! Well done.

--Snave
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/17/08 04:15 PM
Aww... how cute!
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/17/08 04:57 PM
Wow! This story made me jealous. It was incredibly well written, drew me in and kept hold of me the whole way through.

I loved the premise (although am a little worried that one of the guys at Superheroes-R-US will put two and two together, too) and you executed it perfectly.
Posted By: amberlea Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/17/08 10:25 PM
What a great twist on a revelation story! I love how you wrote Lois - I could really feel what she was going through.

Hope this is just the first of your return to fanfic!

Amber
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/17/08 10:36 PM
What a completely delighful premise!!! clap clap clap clap

I'm sure I was not the only reader who was giggling with gleeful anticipation as soon as I understood what kind of birthday gift Lois was contemplating for Clark. The wonderful thing is that I could easily imagine what Lois thought that the action figure would look like. I could definitely picture the Superman doll with Clark's face instead Superman's, exactly like Lois was doing. Like her, I could just imagine the incongruity and sweet silliness of Clark's face on top of Superman's body! But at the same time I obviously knew that the Superman doll would indeed look exactly like Superman, only with a pair of glasses! Waiting for Lois's (and Clark's) reaction to the action figure was like waiting for the most delicious practical joke to unfold! clap clap clap

My only complaint is that I wish that Lois could have held on to her anger and hurt a bit longer. But that's just me.

Ann
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/18/08 04:24 AM
This was hilarious, Erin. The way Lois worked through her revelation was just so... I don't know... let's just say my jaw-muscles still hurt clap

Michael
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/18/08 08:41 AM
Lovely! Loved both their play of emotions... thumbsup dance
Posted By: In4Adventure Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/18/08 10:25 AM
Erin,
It is so good to have back as a writer! I loved the story and the unique relevation!!! wave
Posted By: sueKay87 Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/18/08 01:26 PM
Just read this and loved it!

What a lovely premise!! smile
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/18/08 05:21 PM
I'm betting that you would be a good candidate for nanowrimo. Even published authors find the break-neck speed a refreshing change of pace from searching for the perfect word.

Elisabeth
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/18/08 07:34 PM
This is a really sweet piece. smile

Lois was refreshingly rational after her discovery. She was angry but not out of control. Clark also displayed good judgment in dealing with Lois’s hurt.

Bob
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/20/08 12:14 AM
What a fabulous idea for a revelation!

Great story, Erin!
JD
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/20/08 06:47 AM
What a delightful, wonderful atory. I loved this line along with what comes before and after it.

“I can do lots of things, Lois, but the thing I want to do most is love you.” He paused to let the words sink in, all the while smoothing his thumbs over Lois’s cheeks. “Please, Lois, let me love you.”

I turned to mush after reading this particular line.
Posted By: ErinK Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/21/08 11:41 AM
Wow! Thank you all for your wonderful comments! I am thrilled beyond words that you enjoyed this little, spur-of-the-moment fic. blush You guys are all so great about feedback. It makes me remember why I love writing fanfic so much!

THANK YOU!! thumbsup
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 10/21/08 11:59 AM
Erin, thank you for giving us such amazing fics. It was a delightful and sweet reading. thumbsup

Andreia
Posted By: thesoapheiress Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 11/09/08 06:51 AM
Just wanted to give some FDK to the author because I printed this out to read at the web cafe when I was still waiting for the Internet service to be installed in my new apartment.

This is such a cute story! I love WAFFy. I like how Lois responded - she came around quickly without being a pushover, because of course, that would've been totally out of character. And actually, this is similar to how I imagined she would've responded to Clark's secret - I didn't think she'd keep him in the dog house for too long.

I wonder how it would've all gone down if Clark was able to go through with his plans, though...
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 03/06/12 07:16 PM
What a wonderfully fun and WAFFy story. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Shallowford Re: FDK: Superheroes-R-Us - 09/18/15 04:36 PM
thumbsup thumbsup
'nuff said. smile

Superheroes R Us
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards