Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Mister Data FDK: LtL-Lucy 16 - 09/15/08 01:57 PM
Wow, very well done.

Have to be honest here. I almost stopped reading Lucy's story. It had some dry-ish spots about 3 chapters ago and I thought why bother continueing since it seemed to be a rehash, but I am glad I stuck it out.

Just a suggestion following. Ignore if you feel like it.

LtL-Lucy's story would be wonderful it it was blended together with LtL so that the reader gets little rests during the intense storyline of Ltl.

Just a suggestion.

James
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: LtL-Lucy 16 - 09/15/08 02:44 PM
James - that was one of my fears with this and I know that it is a bit of a rehash in places. I did discuss combining it with my BRs but at the same time, there would literally be chapters upon chapters with NO Jimmy and Lucy and they would get completely lost in LtL I think. I've learned to love wink these two and I would hate for their love story etc to get lost in the overwhelmingness that is LtL itself, you know?

Maybe reading it in one piece [on the archive for instance] might be a bit better because one could skim some of that rehash-y stuff if one so desired. Or something.

Believe me - I did think long and hard about it [and not just because it would leap frog this into first place on the longest ever list wink ], but I really think that L/J would get lost and I would hate for that to happen with them.

All that said, I'm glad you stuck it out smile .

Carol
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: LtL-Lucy 16 - 09/15/08 09:21 PM
Whoa -- intense. Interesting, seeing Clark from Lucy's point of view. I know we went through this part in the other story, but it's still almost a different story seeing it from Lucy's point of view.

Nan
Posted By: In4Adventure Re: FDK: LtL-Lucy 16 - 09/16/08 12:08 PM
Carol,
I still enjoy reading this story very much. For me it is not a rehash at all, more like refreshing my memory! There are so many new discoveries bu learning about events through Lucy and Jimmy's eyes and you have added totally new story lines, with Jimmy's absent family and the orphanage.
Even though I know it's not really going to happen, I am still looking forward to some Lois & Lucy time. Maybe they can do some more bonding while staying together in Smallville, now that there are no more secrets between them. I am sure they share some fears about becoming mothers soon.

Natascha (still not ready for this story to end)
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: LtL-Lucy 16 - 09/16/08 10:24 PM
Nan and Natascha -

Glad you two are enjoying smile .

Look for part 17 here in a bit.

Carol
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards