Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm FDK: Secrets - 08/06/08 06:03 PM
Nancy -

I love this!!!!

I was starting to wonder if Jimmy was Superman, but that didn't seem quite right.

Now the sequel could start with... "What do you mean we're fraternal twins?" wink .

Seriously. I understand Lois' frustrations and wonder if Jimmy's intervention will be enough to sooth Mad Dog Lane. Would be interesting to see wink .

Carol
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK: Secrets - 08/06/08 06:32 PM
Oh loved this! I could just picture Lois and her fury, LOL. Great job!
Posted By: cp33 Re: FDK: Secrets - 08/06/08 06:48 PM
Wonderful Jimmy flies! Will Lois forgive Clark? Can Jimmy take some jobs so that Clark doesn't lose Lois!

Loved this
Posted By: smileyd Re: FDK: Secrets - 08/06/08 07:40 PM
I haven't been doing much FDK, but I had to say I love how you used my line!

Desiree
Posted By: Rona V. Re: FDK: Secrets - 08/06/08 07:43 PM
Ha! Great little vignette here. Love the idea of Jimmy with superpowers, and then him doing the greatest rescue of all - rescuing Clark from Lois' wrath.

Fantastic! clap
Posted By: Beth S. Re: FDK: Secrets - 08/06/08 10:19 PM
This was great! And such a surprise ending. It was great fun to read.
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK: Secrets - 08/07/08 08:49 AM
I really enjoyed this story. My mind jumped through a couple of scenarios when I read the first line, but they were nothing like this. Brilliant.

I particularly liked how Jimmy silently observed Clark and Lois. Maybe Clark's inability to work both jobs and build a relationship with Lois was the reason Jimmy didn't reveal himself earlier.

Heh. Wendy's first line "What do you mean, we're fraternal twins?" would work great for a sequel.

Thanks for posting.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Secrets - 08/07/08 02:04 PM
I like the concept. laura
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: Secrets - 08/07/08 06:10 PM
Thanks for the comments! I really appreciate it!

I have to say, something about this line stuck with me after I read it (Thanks, Desiree!) and while I didn't actually intend to write anything at first, a whole host of ideas went through head. My favorite of the rejected ones was that Jimmy was actually a slimy monster under his clothes - he looked kind of like the aliens on the Simpsons

[Linked Image]

but dripping with slime.

This idea came much later and while it doesn't make me laugh in the same way, it lent itself much more to a story.

It's good to know that even when I feel like my muse is on vacation, I can still get something out that's mildly entertaining.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards