Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm FDK: Showing Off - 04/23/08 02:35 PM
Very fun smile . Loved seeing different reactions to Clark's little show. Leo Nunk was especially fun!

The only thing that pulled me out what that Kryptonian pregnancies were a few months shorter than human ones. If that was the case, I can't see Lois being at a hospital but rather a home birth with Martha or something. However, if they were a few WEEKS shorter, then little Lara could be born early and healthy with no real suspicions. My DS was born 30 days early last summer and we were all surprised he didn't spend at least a little bit of time in the NICU. Much earlier than that and a very healthy baby would probably lead to suspicions.

But, I digress... I loved that Jimmy and Perry know - of course Perry knew! - and Jimmy's reaction to the cigar. And Clark probably would bring in Cubans for this occasion wink .

Can't wait for the next one!!! And isn't there a new 'Lois has powers' one coming?!?

Carol
Posted By: Beth S. Re: FDK: Showing Off - 04/23/08 02:59 PM
Kevin, this was great!

Like Carol, I also loved Jimmy's reaction to the cigar. laugh
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK: Showing Off - 04/23/08 03:25 PM
oh that was great!
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Showing Off - 04/23/08 03:43 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! laugh hyper
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK: Showing Off - 04/23/08 03:53 PM
Cute!

You forgot the scene where astronomers who have waited months to get time on one of the big telescopes curse Clark because his antics have ruined the evening's work...
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Showing Off - 04/23/08 04:52 PM
Pretty cynical group you wrote for us. I imagine it would be pretty difficult to summon an alien army with pyrotechnics. But they're all daft anyhow.

Elisabeth
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Showing Off - 04/23/08 07:42 PM
Yes, I can imagine how Clark's antics would ruin everything for astronomers!

Otherwise you were clearly setting this up for something scarily A-plotty.

Good thing you started the ficlet off with Jonathan and Martha Kent and ended it with Lois and Lara! I just loved this part:

“That's your Daddy, Lara. He's the nice man that's been holding you ever since *I* did all the work, lived through the pain and labored to bring you into the world, while *he* just stood there being invulnerable."
clap clap clap

I just loved this, too:

Lois knew that Lara couldn't see her Daddy, of course. From what she and Clark had read, babies couldn't even focus their eyes right away, so of course Superman was out of focus to the infant.

Still, the books had also said that the baby's eyes would be blue or gray at first and nothing like Lara's, a bright shamrock green. Looking again at her daughter, Lois would swear she saw her smile upwards at the heavens.
Wonderful!

Ann
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Showing Off - 04/28/08 07:50 PM
Well, I liked it. I thought it was very sweet. And I really liked the glimpses into the minds of so many different characters. I wonder what Col. Haskins would do if he found out that Superman was a daddy! (Probably order a launch of every missile he could control.) And the thought that Superman was signaling the invasion fleet was a hoot. This guy is seriously paranoid.

And the insight into Luthor's current circumstances was priceless. "A bottle of water, please. Thank you, Bruno."

Okay, I'm ready for the next installment. And it better be at least as precious as this one is.
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Showing Off - 04/28/08 07:53 PM
Don't get me wrong. I liked the story. It's the half-cocked characters that have me rolling my eyes. Dimwits--all of them.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Showing Off - 05/02/08 12:46 PM
Kevin, I really liked this POV on the Aurora Kryptonis. But where were the Lanes?

Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards