Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Catherine Bruce FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 04/05/08 01:18 PM
Awwww! I loved how supportive Clark was, and how he confessed that it was Lois to give him strength!

And the way Lois felt comfortable enough to break down in front of Clark like that... just so sweet and sad!

This was just spiffy!
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 04/05/08 01:20 PM
Wonderful Jessi!
Carol
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 04/05/08 01:57 PM
Superb.. I loved it!
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 04/05/08 03:35 PM
Beautifully done, Jessi. Cute and sweet and I love the way he tries to lighten the load.

LabRat smile
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 04/05/08 08:44 PM
This is the second role reversal story on the boards right now, though yours is different from Sunrei's Above Alt Else. Your story, like hers, is adorable. I'm just going to quote one thing, and that is the ending:

“You're so strong, Clark. I never understood just how strong until now.”

A strangled half-laugh escaped him at that, and he quickly shook his head. “I'm really not.”

“You are. You went through so much without having anyone there for you. And now you're forced to watch me do what you're supposed to be doing, what you were meant to do, and you're still the one who has to be strong enough for both of us.”

“God, Lois.” He paused to look down at her in utter amazement. “It was never me. Every ounce of strength I ever had, it was always you. You were the one who enabled me to be Superman - not because you gave me the idea for the costume, but because you believed in me. Sometimes the only way I could make myself face the world again is because you were in it. Everything I've done and everything I am is because of you. You were always the strong one.”

She was suddenly clinging to him again, and this time he wasn't sure if she was crying or laughing, but her next words filled him with hope that everything would be OK.

“We'll just have to be strong enough for each other from now on, then.”
Wonderful!

Ann
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 04/06/08 02:03 AM
That was amazing, Jessi! smile I especially like that you got inspired by one of my favourite songs.

Saskia smile
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 04/07/08 12:47 PM
Deeply moving.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Rona V. Re: FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 04/07/08 07:47 PM
What a great story! Touching, sweet, and beautifully written. smile
Posted By: Top Banana Re: FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 04/08/08 08:12 AM
Just finished reading your story...and wow. Its so sweet. You did a really great job. Thanks for writing and posting it! laugh Enjoyed reading...
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 04/10/08 03:57 PM
Thanks so much for all the feedback! I'm always nervous about posting a new story, so knowing you enjoyed it is a huge relief!

Big hugs all around! sloppy
Jessi
Posted By: cp33 Re: FDK - Strong Enough or AWWWWW!! - 05/06/08 05:23 AM
I just found this. I had to add my praise to the board. Tender is the best word I can think of to describe this scene.

Just beautiful.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards