Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Lisamaree, the Evil Kiwi FDK: Games People Play - 02/20/08 04:30 AM
This was really cute.

I LOVED the pureed yam quote. Classic Jenn at her best!

As a non-american.... some of the terminology took me off track a bit... but the story was still there... it didn't detract to much.

Could do with a sequel though... ended off just when it got interesting. smile

Great writing for just a 'drive in the car'... keep 'em coming Jenn.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/20/08 07:01 AM
heeee!!! You posted! *dances*

/runs over to read. Comments as I go:

He flashed a disarming grin. “I was thinking more along the lines of a nice evening watching my best friend’s alma mater get thrashed by my mine.”
hehe! smile That sounds about right. Mind you, sounds like something Lois might say, but it even funnier this way.

She had been waiting near her fish tank, but stopped and silently counted to fifty. She didn’t want to let on just how excited she was to go the game with him.
thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/20/08 08:32 AM
How sweet!

Been years since I've been to a basketball game, but this was fun! Loved the pureed yam comment wink .

The only thing I noticed... Not enough ogling by Lois of Clark in a well fitting Tshirt - arm muscles or whatever wink . She *is* a red blooded female after all smile .

Very sweet. Thanks for sharing!
Carol
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/20/08 08:33 AM
He looked down at his shirt. “No, Lois,” he began patronizingly, “Texas' orange is burnt orange. Our orange is amber orange.”

She giggled. “Was pureed yam already taken?”
[Linked Image]

Yes, it was already taken! (And did you know that this image is from a site called seattlebonvivant? goofy )

Clark hid a smile. He had seen Lois go off on tangents about everything from the wrong kind of steno pads in the supply closet to people who drove too slow in the fast lane on the freeway, but to see her fired up about sports was something new.

And despite his declaration that this was a platonic outing, he found her ardent attitude incredibly sexy.
Awwww!!!! goofy

Adorable, Jenn!!! clap clap clap

Ann
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/20/08 09:15 AM
Jenn, only you could make basketball that sexy!

This is a great story. Engaging, wonderful detail and with an edge of sizzle. I love it!
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/20/08 09:46 AM
She regarded him suspiciously. “Like a date?”

He flashed a disarming grin. “I was thinking more along the lines of a nice evening watching my best friend’s alma mater get thrashed by my mine.”
Haha, that's my kind of date.

And aww sweet n happy ending! :p Yep, I was definitely in a fluffy mood today!

JD
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/20/08 10:03 AM
Well, I didn't know any of the sports terms blush , but the story was really very sweet!!

After all, that wasn’t how they played the game. She was supposed to be slightly cool and disaffected; he was supposed to work for her attention.
lol Yep she's right laugh

Oh, I loved how excited Lois was about the game, and then Clark reaction: “Are we watching the same game?” just had me laughing out loud and :sigh: I *loved* the bet smile

-Camy
Posted By: Beth S. Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/20/08 11:43 AM
This was such a lovely fluffy story!

I loved the banter going on between these two for the whole story. Well written Lois and Clark banter is so entertaining to read!

Although my knowledge of basketball is limited to "shoot the ball in the hoop", I enjoyed this story regardless. Thanks for sharing it!
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/20/08 03:30 PM
Terrific story... and being from UT, loved the burnt orange reference... smile thumbsup
Posted By: daisymay390 Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/21/08 10:53 AM
Aww, that was so cute. I loved the bet and the Lois' fighting over the refs and the calls. I see a nfic sequel wink .
Kate
Posted By: Eva Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/21/08 02:48 PM
What a treat, Jenn, what a treat.

This was a great little story. I loved the sports metaphors and the relaxed atmosphere you created. It reminded me a little of the scene in "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" before Andie Anderson goes all mental girlfriend on Benjamin Barry (gotta love those couples with alliterative names).

What I liked most was the dialog; it seemed very natural, like real, fun banter. I especially enjoy stories where Clark is portrayed as a regular guy - and him supporting his team and teasing Lois about the game was a great way to show that side of him.

Thanks for this fabulous piece of fluff. Much appreciated smile

Eva
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/21/08 03:58 PM
What I loved most was that Lois kissed Clark ostensibly because he won the bet. However, in reality, she had been thinking about kissing him for a month.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/21/08 07:24 PM
What a story! It's a grand slam! The dialogue is a perfect swish and the imagery splits the uprights from past midfield! It's a behind-the-back pass on a two-on-one fast break for a layup! It runs away from the field from the gate! It's quick as a pit stop and sneaky as a Brooklyn strike!

Okay, that's enough sports metaphors. I liked it a lot. It's warm and funny, it's gentle and completely in character for both of them, and best of all - from a relationship standpoint - there's no Superman to get in the way.

Maybe you could show them to us at a baseball or football game, snuggling under a blanket in the bleachers while everyone around them leaves early because it's so cold but Clark keeps them warm - maybe without telling Lois how he's doing it? Wouldn't that be a tricky revelation?
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/22/08 01:10 AM
Hi Jenn,

Really cute story. thumbsup

Not being a basketball fan, or knowing much about US sports, some of the phrases went over my head.

However, you captured the snappy banter between Lois and Clark, which I loved from the show, but then I think you always do. wink

Yours Jenni
Posted By: Sheila Re: FDK: Games People Play - 02/23/08 01:48 AM
Wonderful story Jenn! I cannot believe that I missed posting on it. I read it a couple f days ago. Probably on one of my study breaks. Now what are you going to do about "Rules of..."?

~Sheila
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards