Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 01:13 AM
I wasn't sure that this was even long enough to bother posting, but here it is. Let me know what you think!
Posted By: avia Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 02:11 AM
Shayne,
this was really cute and funny.

You should know by now that any length post is welcome by these boards' readers.

Now, where is part 11 of SWK? wildguy

Avia (trying to make her way back into FoLCdom without angering the RL gods wink )
Posted By: LabRat Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 03:08 AM
Course it was! How lovely to wake up to one of your little comedy gems! clap

Oh and rotflol laugh Certainly explains why no one blinked an eye at the revelations in the NK arc down there in Smallville. wink

LabRat smile
Posted By: Vicki Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 03:15 AM
Thank you for posting that! You made me smile. That was really sweet, and just what I needed this morning.

- Vicki wave
Posted By: Sira Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 03:35 AM
thumbsup
notworthy
Posted By: RL Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 04:17 AM
Very nice little story. thumbsup It's exactly how'd I'd expect Smallville residents to react if they knew Clark was Superman. No big deal. After all, Maisie did say "what you see is what you get." After the Lord Norr incident, I don't see how the whole town didn't know considering Norr was holding the Kents hostage against a guy who looked just like Clark in Clark's clothes who could fly. Duh. smile

Only one nitpick I have is that Lois and Clark had been engaged for nearly a year when the NK arc happened. Why would Clark be thinking of asking his girl and buying a ring now?
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 04:43 AM
Ditto everyone else, Shayne - I can just see this! And, of course, to them it's no huge, exciting secret, but every bit as mundane as whose cows got tipped into whose field last night. goofy

Great work! Now, more SWK???

Wendy smile
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 05:50 AM
hyper
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 06:09 AM
ROFL! Shayne, this is hilarious. I love the idea of the whole town knowing, but pretending not to, just to be polite! goofy

Thanks for sharing <g>

PJ
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 06:10 AM
Shayne

This is great! Just hilarious! smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 09:37 AM
Great little story, Shayne! smile1

Kaethel smile
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 02:47 PM
Hi,

Great piece. drool

Funny. thumbsup
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 03:02 PM
Lollies, Shayne! That was good.

See ya soon,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: ellerobbie Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 03:35 PM
Ditto what everyone else said. And I'm very glad you did think it was worth posting! clap
Posted By: rivka Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 06:43 PM
clap
Posted By: gerry Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/16/03 07:06 PM
Delightful, Shayne. Just the way it is in Smallville.

gerry
Posted By: YConnell Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/17/03 05:57 AM
Very cute, Shayne. Says a lot even though it's so short. smile

Yvonne
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/17/03 06:19 AM
Living in a small farming community, myself, I have to say this is completely accurate.

Once when the "big city" news anchor happened into our grocery looking for coffee, we all pointed it out to him, while politely pretending not to notice he was "famous" and wearing make-up. So, you see, if it had been Superman, I imagine we'd have done the same, only more politely still.

I am grateful you have addressed this phenomenon, Shayne, it was a great "ah-ha!" moment for me.

CC-
Posted By: lynnm Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/17/03 07:21 AM
Great little slice-of-life that so much represents small-town gossip. Where everyone knows every little single thing about everyone else. My cousin went to a high school with a gratduating class of like 30 kids and everybody knew each kid's life history - when they had the chicken pox, who went to prom with whom, who scored the most points at the homecoming football game. So of course it stands to reason that they would all know about Clark long before anyone else.

I was smiling through the whole story - can totally imagine two weathered old guys tipping back their beers and shootin' the breeze about the Kents.

Love it! Great little start to my day. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn
Posted By: merry Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/17/03 05:44 PM
Shayne,
cute and funny
loved it
merry
Posted By: ethnica Re: Comments: Gossip - 09/20/03 09:20 PM
I loved it, just loved it. thumbsup I found myself nodding in agreement, saying "That's just what they would have said, too." laugh

Do you have any more like this?
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards