Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LaraMoon FDK: Delete - Duplicate post - 11/02/07 05:12 AM
HAHA! I didn't know if it was OK to post FDK in the Duplicate Post thread or not, but I just totally could NOT resist leaving feedback for that, because it made me giggle like crazy. (and almost made me forget I got 4 hours of sleep and had to be in the office *before* 8AM this morning. GRR!)

Mostly, when she couldn't put stories to words, it was because Perry had assigned her the latest 'dog show' level piece and in every other line she wanted to insert some comment about how insipid you'd have to be to read this kind of article during those precious few minutes in the morning when your biggest responsibility is to procure a newspaper and a coffee.
rotflol I would absolutely *love* to read an article where the reporter has inserted comments like that. I think it would kill!

He put up his hands in mock surrender. "Hey, I'm sure the keyboard had it coming."
hehehe! Yeah, it probably did. This line is totally hilarious. smile

Clark's eyes had lit up. "So going out with me gives you inspiration?"

Lois grinned. "Nah, you're just a pleasant way to pass the time."
mmm! Love that. laugh Excellent!

Mercy, I totally loved this little thing! Thanks for making my morning brighter (and for the Calvin & Hobbes comic. heee!)
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK: Delete - Duplicate post - 11/02/07 05:44 AM
*snicker* The Last Minute Panic is so totally true. My english teacher once told me I seemed to work better under a tight deadline. laugh Cute story, and an inventive use of space! wink
Posted By: Mercy Re: FDK: Delete - Duplicate post - 11/02/07 07:08 PM
I'm glad you guys liked it. smile I was in the midst of last minute panic when I wrote it myself. Still am, actually. It seems my desire to write is inversely proportional to the spare time I have to do it in. Well, wish me luck, my own "deadline" is tomorrow morning, and my future may depend on it. eek
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Delete - Duplicate post - 11/02/07 11:37 PM
The story you just wrote has to be a good luck charm, but as an added bonus, "May Lady (or Mister) Luck smile down upon you."

(Just think of Mr. Luck as Clark)

(I'm assuming you're female huh )
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Delete - Duplicate post - 11/03/07 02:20 AM
Hah! That was really funny. What a creative way to use a duplicate post and a Calvin and Hobbes strip!

"I need inspiration." She stood up, grabbing her coat and throwing it on. "Come on, you're taking me out to lunch. There's a new restaurant down the street. A deli called 'The Duplicate Post'. I've been meaning to check it out, but I always skip right past it on my way home."

How sweet!! clap

Ann
Posted By: coolgirl Re: FDK: Delete - Duplicate post - 11/03/07 06:24 AM

rotflol

Absolutely hilarious! Wonderful! I hope you get more potential story spaces!!!
Posted By: Mercy Re: FDK: Delete - Duplicate post - 11/03/07 05:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I wasn't really expecting anything. You guys are great!

Originally posted by woody:
The story you just wrote has to be a good luck charm, but as an added bonus, "May Lady (or Mister) Luck smile down upon you."

(Just think of Mr. Luck as Clark)

(I'm assuming you're female huh )
Yeah, I'm a girl. And I'd take Clark as Mr. Luck, or any way I could get him! laugh

I think everything went well today. I took the GRE, so I won't find out for sure for a while. The whole system kind of stinks: GRE's don't really *help* if you do well, but they hurt if you do badly. Blegh.
Posted By: alcyone Re: FDK: Delete - Duplicate post - 11/03/07 05:23 PM
He put up his hands in mock surrender. "Hey, I'm sure the keyboard had it coming."
LOL
rotflol

This was so funny and witty. I really hope you post more.

alcyone
Posted By: mervoparkite Re: FDK: Delete - Duplicate post - 11/03/07 07:54 PM
How wonderful!

I love calvin and hobbs!!

Vonceil
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards