Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/02/07 06:55 PM
Deep seated panic warred with body-trembling relief as he slowly turned to face his partner. Frantically he scoured his brain for something, anything, that would make for a good excuse. “Um, gee, faulty craftsmanship and fear-induced adrenaline. Can’t beat that, huh?”
Oh, yeah, that's a dynamite excuse. You sure have her fooled, Clark.

At a time like this, I agree with Ann: There's no point in trying to keep the secret now. Not even Lois Lane is that galactically stupid.

No, she's brilliant. And with a "predatorialy pleased gait," yet. I wish I could have seen that for real instead of just in my mind's eye.

And the last line:

"I told you I know how Superman kisses."
Killer line, Catharine. It says so very much in so few words. You're absolutely the mistress of brevity and soul. And now you've written yet another winner! Thank you.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/02/07 07:19 PM
Ok so does she kiss him or kick him now? Cute little story. Laura
Posted By: Caroline Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/02/07 07:44 PM
“Um, gee, faulty craftsmanship and fear-induced adrenaline. Can’t beat that, huh?”
rotflol

Loved it! Thank you smile

Caroline
Posted By: Laura S Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/02/07 08:16 PM
Yay! I'm so glad to see this story, Catherine!

Unfortunately for Clark’s rattled nerves, the safe was not airtight. In fact, there seemed to be some sort of air vent that circulated stale oxygen, which was perhaps a security measure.

Darn security measures.
That had me giggling. Not even sure why. smile

Great story! The whole premise had me laughing. Poor Clark. I don't like enclosed spaces either, but if he was in the room with me I might be able to cope.

Laura
Posted By: alcyone Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/03/07 07:47 AM
I liked it too! It was excellent.

smile

alcyone
Posted By: Lady_Mirth Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/03/07 09:16 AM
Funny funny funny funny!! clap
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/03/07 09:39 AM
Awwww, snicker! I mean, laughing out loud! I mean, laughing my backside off... eh, you get it! laugh rotflol rotflol

Ann
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/03/07 09:44 AM
Great! I so love those "Clark is Claustrophobic" fics. And yours is most definitely a very good one. Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/03/07 09:53 AM
I don't have much time but I loved this story and the fact that Clark was claustrophobic goofy !!

Or maybe it had been the attractive, albeit slightly creepy, stewardess who kept stopping by his seat every two minutes and flashing him a smile that was far too wide and toothy. The predatory gleam in her eyes, as she grinned wolfishly while showering him with more peanut packets and ginger ale than any one person could possibly consume in a two-hour period, made him think that she would devour him whole if he let his guard down.
rotflol great really, I'm still laughing at this!!
“I said deep breaths, Clark. Nothing about hyperventilating.”
*LOL* great line wink

Great story laugh

-Camy
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/03/07 10:21 AM
Very nice, Cat. You portrayed his anxiety really well, and I loved all the snarky comments (like the one below). I love Snarky!Clark. smile

“You know,” he began, not entirely aware that he was speaking out loud. “At any other time, Superman would have been able to save the day. But can he now? No. Why? Because some little hooligan decided that, hey, it would be ‘so totally rad’ to mess with the Man of Steel, to try and take him out to build up his ‘street cred’ amongst the real criminals of Metropolis. And so now, thanks to some hapless punk, we’re stuck in here and we’re probably going to suffocate long before anyone finds us, or starve to death, or get eaten alive by these damn walls!”
Posted By: minimunch3 Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/03/07 10:57 AM
Great story! I love seeing Clark freak out a little bit. It's always a treat since it's usually Lois that has the honors.

My favorite line was about the noodles cooked in kryptonite juice. laugh Now there's something no one has ever thought of! I suppose it would be scary if I were kryptonian, but the image is just too funny!

Thanks for posting. thumbsup

~Kristen
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/03/07 07:21 PM
clap Wonderful!

For long, agonizing moments, Lois just looked at him with an unreadable expression. However, as he was planning a packing list of things he would take with him as he left, after allowing her to beat the snot out of him with noodles cooked in Kryptonite juice, she suddenly smirked before sauntering out of the demolished vault, hips swaying in a predatorily pleased gait.
I loved this! Planning what he was going to pack, and Lois beating the snot out of him with noodles cooked in kryptonite juice! lol

This was such a great story! I'd never even entertained the thought that Clark was claustrophobic, but now that I think about it, it makes sense.
Posted By: countrygurl74 Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/04/07 12:24 AM
This was a great story. I love seing Clark panic and Lois cool headed.
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: Vaulted Emotions 1 - 10/06/07 03:24 PM
Oh my gosh, I don't know how I managed to miss that story. And I'm really, really sorry about it. So, thank you for tipping me off. clap
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards