Posted By: Framework4 fdk:Mother of the Bride - 09/23/07 08:57 AM
Delightful!
clap clap
Posted By: mervoparkite Re: fdk:Mother of the Bride - 09/23/07 09:36 AM
Very Nice! clap clap clap
(I'll add my applause here as well!!)

Vonceil
Posted By: TOC Re: fdk:Mother of the Bride - 09/23/07 10:50 AM
Nice story, Dandello. How strange, you know: the LnC people made Ellen Lane such a nice woman, only to turn her into an absolute witch later in the show when it suited their purposes. Lesson number one, I suppose: Don't expect you'll be able to play a believable and consistent character if you are hired to play a minor part in an ongoing TV series.

Thanks for giving this nice and caring Ellen Lane her due!

Ann
Posted By: lcfan4ever Re: fdk:Mother of the Bride - 09/23/07 01:17 PM
Take good care of my daughter, Clark Kent. She turned Lex Luthor down for you.
yup smile1

Since Ellen was portrayed by 2 different actors I somehow still see the Ellen from the wedding as a nice aunt or something like that. To that time she really was a lot nicer to everyone and I still don't understand why they had changed her that much huh

Great story smile
Posted By: Dandello Re: fdk:Mother of the Bride - 09/23/07 01:37 PM
Unfortunately, nice characters are generally boring characters (Clark not withstanding - but even he gets pretty wrong-headed at times.) :rolleyes:
Posted By: anonpip Re: fdk:Mother of the Bride - 09/23/07 05:39 PM
This was wonderful! So sweet and it was nice to see the wedding through Ellen's eyes.
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: fdk:Mother of the Bride - 09/24/07 05:50 PM
I really liked it. As anonpip already mentioned, it was interesting to see the wedding through Ellen's eyes. And I especially liked her thoughts at the end. Great little story!
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: fdk:Mother of the Bride - 09/24/07 08:40 PM
An excellent fic. Especially nice that we saw the wedding somewhat through an outsider's eyes and somewhat through an insider's eyes.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Mercy Re: fdk:Mother of the Bride - 09/24/07 09:22 PM
What a lovely story!! Your Ellen Lane popped right out of the page (er, my screen). thumbsup
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: fdk:Mother of the Bride - 09/27/07 09:05 AM
Very nice, Dandello!
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: fdk:Mother of the Bride - 10/05/07 11:40 AM
I just finished this. I really loved seeing this from Ellen's point of view. I agree she does tend to get the bum rap in a lot of stories. She is one of those characters we don't see a whole lot of and thus it is hard to find a good characterization for her. I do enjoy the fics though where she is supportive and loving. ^_^

Thanks for sharing this with us!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards