Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: IreneD Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/03/07 07:16 PM
I started this a long, long, long time ago in response to a fairytale challenge. It was nice to finish a story again.

It's been a long time since I've had much time to write. I really miss it!

Irene
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/03/07 10:41 PM
Delightful. Really delightful.
Posted By: Shadow Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/04/07 12:40 AM
Her three dreams all seemed to have one common theme. Clark didn’t really believe that she loved him. And answering ‘no, not yet’ to his proposal hadn’t done anything to bolster his confidence. The lunkhead. He just needed to understand that she needed time to get to know both sides of him.
Yeah, he's such a....guy, hah.

Lois awoke with a start, her arms wrapped tenderly around her pillow and the taste of wet cotton in her mouth. Yuck! That was embarrassing.
*snicker*

Very clever story! I think CinderClark was my fav out of the lot.
JD
Posted By: TOC Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/04/07 03:09 AM
Yes, CinderClark was certainly a lot of fun, and Fairy Perry, too!

Ann
Posted By: rkn Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/04/07 09:26 AM
What kind of pizza did Lois have before she went to bed? Onion and anchovy?

I liked this story; very interesting.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/04/07 10:27 AM
Always cool to see a 'new' story from you, Irene.

Remember to send it along to the Archive too, won't you? smile We're still missing quite a few of these Fundraiser stories.

LabRat smile
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/04/07 11:14 AM
clap Great job!
Posted By: vive60 Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/04/07 06:43 PM
This is great! I love the fairy tales. Lois kissing the pillow had me rotflol
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/04/07 07:19 PM
Yeah! An Irene fic! I don't even have a moment to read this--why did I bother to even look--but I look forward to it.
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/04/07 11:13 PM
What a sweet story!
I loved al the fairy tale dreams she had to realise she really does love Clark.
Posted By: Simba Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/05/07 09:11 AM
That was a really funny story, Irene! thumbsup
I especially liked the first segment with gingerbread man and the chocolate gooey center.

“... I want your goodies! All you have to do is lie still.” ... And then he picked up her basket of goodies and started pawing through it. Typical man. Couldn’t be gentle with something like that. There. He’d broken the Double Fudge Crunch bars! Pig!
rotflol

Thanks for the great read, Irene!

Simba
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/05/07 02:19 PM
This was totally awesome!

James

Love the Gingerbread Man with the chocolate core too.
Posted By: Laura S Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/05/07 05:26 PM
Aww! I loved this! I read it right before I had to dash off to school, so I didn't have time to leave proper feedback. This was such a fun way to show Lois' train of thoughts. I laughed out loud at the thought of "Fairy Perry" and I was unreasonably sad when Lois disregarded poor Ginger-Clark. Great job!

Laura
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/07/07 07:25 PM
Irene, this was enchanting! The dreams were a very clever way to explore Lois' thoughts. The gingerbread dream was my favorite. Thank you for sharing!
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: Feedback - Dream a Little Dream - 09/13/07 02:57 PM
What a great story! Of course, I love everything you write, Irene.

Nicely done--from the point she's convinced she can't sleep... to the point she's running after him and not sure she wants to... to the point where she wants to take the time to figure things out, but isn't sure someone will snatch him away in the meanwhile... to the point where she decides what she wants.

I wasn't sure exactly what happened to the glass. Was it part of a dream? It seemed odd that it broke when she was no longer there.

Elisabeth
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards