Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Anne Spear FDK: WOW - 07/05/07 03:56 PM
Please, please, please!! I haven't written in so long that I'm having FDK withdrawl!!!

notworthy
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FDK: WOW - 07/05/07 04:07 PM
well... Wow! Enjoyed it, Anne. smile Very clever.

c.
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: FDK: WOW - 07/05/07 04:13 PM
*cracks up* Oh man! My first though when I read your title was 'Hmm, wonder if it's about World of Warcraft?'

And you know, the amount I've played it last month, you would THINK that there were subliminal messages hidden there!

Great story laugh
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FDK: WOW - 07/05/07 04:49 PM
LIES!! I fully believe Blizzard has employed satan and he has implanted messages in the game.

~Jojo, aka Level 62 Night Elf Druid (Balance spec... yes I'm a dork)

P.S. The story made me giggle out loud. LOL I love it.
Posted By: Laura S Re: FDK: WOW - 07/05/07 06:26 PM
"I'm collecting wolf fangs for another mission," Lois answered,
Hehe. Duh, Clark. I mean seriously. What else do you do when you kill a wolf?

That was a fun story. A mini mystery! Perfect for me to unwind with after a hectic day at work. Thanks for posting it!

--Laura
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: WOW - 07/05/07 06:37 PM
Personally, I am no longer a player of these kinds of games, but that's a personal preference and not something I'm going to rag anyone else about. I simply don't have the time to invest in one of these monster-killers. I know that one of my sons was deep into WoW for several months, until my need for the computer cut into his combat time.

But the story was excellent, Anne! I completely understand Lois's addictive involvement in the game. It's especially believable given her intense competitive streak. Maybe it's a good thing they didn't have these kinds of games when they went on their stakeout at the Lexor Hotel. They probably wouldn't have heard the maid coming with fresh towels, not to mention getting any pictures of Congressman Harrington and the bribe.

And I'm glad you're writing again. You're one of the really talented writers from "the old days" (meaning, to me, the time before I signed up), and I always enjoy reading your stories. Keep it up!
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: WOW - 07/05/07 08:10 PM
I didn't noticed this until it was too late to read it. I promise I'll be back, but in the meantime... a little blue arrow would be nice.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: WOW - 07/05/07 09:18 PM
Cute story, intersting concept. Laura
Posted By: Tahu Re: FDK: WOW - 07/05/07 11:50 PM
I told you the story is great.

Glad to see it posted. thumbsup
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: WOW - 07/05/07 11:52 PM
Oh man, LOL. The one day I don't play this week and there's a story about it! Sick, I tell you. Anyway, I just think it's way funny that you wrote a WoW-type story. Kudos! Wouldn't be surprised if there were subliminals; I find it extraordinarily addicting.

JD
~Level 18 Orc Warrior wink
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: WOW - 07/06/07 12:32 AM
Very cute, Anne! I can just see Lois playing it, getting totally addicted. A competitive person like herself, well... Somehow I don't really think she would need those subliminal signals to lose herself completely in the game.

By the way, I love the way you wrote married Lois and Clark, too. So sweet, so relaxed, so happy.

I, too, am very glad to see you back!

Ann
Posted By: Chaos Re: FDK: WOW - 07/06/07 09:25 AM
Yeah, WoW is evil, play Final Fantasy XI instead wink
Reminds me, I got to check my Chocobos (my little green darling and the current disappointment who's only yellow and refuses to learn how to canter).

You gotta to find a balance between real life and online life, then those games can be a lot of fun and interesting.
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: FDK: WOW - 07/08/07 04:22 PM
Ahhhh, I feel better now.

laugh

And just in case anyone was wondering, I'm up to 12 WoW characters on 5 different servers, including a level 9 warrior named Loisette! Well, they say you should write what you know...

huh
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: WOW - 07/08/07 06:12 PM
I can't believe I slept that long...

No, seriously. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to the boards, especially since this was a very cute story.

Elisabeth
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: FDK: WOW - 07/09/07 08:50 AM
Haha Anne... I do have a horde blood elf that is named LolaDane. blush
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: WOW - 07/09/07 07:18 PM
I must be so out of it. When I read "WOW", my first thought was of the series of CDs that are offered which have 30 of the top songs from CCM for any particular year.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: WOW - 07/16/07 06:17 AM
Well, you know I liked it... Cute Anne! (And I have to wonder if some of those darn games do use hidden messages to play, Play, PLAY!!)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards