Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam FDK - Brainstorming - 03/01/07 05:49 PM
Hee! That's pretty funny goofy Good job!

I'd suggest, though, that you set up the time frame first thing - it took me a few moments to figure out what was going on, and it's crucial to your joke. Just start off with "Lois was there to apologize to the Kents for getting their son killed", or something. That sets the episode *and* makes it clear Lois doesn't know ... what everyone else knows. Which is so funny... I'm laughing again just thinking about it!

Hope you don't mind the suggestion; I was just, you know, brainstorming... wink

PJ
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/01/07 06:07 PM
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
I'd suggest, though, that you set up the time frame first thing
Good point. I'll have to do something up. I was reading Wendy Richards’s Shattered Illusions when this occurred to me. If you read Wendy's up to the line of *************** my story make a lot more sense.

I'm blown away by Wendy's angst so whatever I add will have to be very matter of fact time setting.

===

Ok I've added a few lines, hopefully it works.
Posted By: vsp Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/01/07 08:37 PM
Lol, funny! Everyone in Smallville helping out smile
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/02/07 07:38 AM
great story.

James
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/02/07 07:41 AM
I think those opening paragraphs work great. goofy

PJ
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/02/07 09:01 AM
That's totally hilarious! Gives new meaning to the saying that there are no secrets in a small town.
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/03/07 03:07 PM
DSDragon stole my word, but I'm using it anyway. Hilarious. Particularly funny that Lana just assumes matter-of-factly that Lois is in on it.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/03/07 10:25 PM
Hey great job. I would love to have seen Lois's expression. I really want to know what happens next. Laura
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/03/07 10:46 PM
Hehe! Nice work! Totally loved it! smile
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/03/07 11:29 PM
This was so funny, Patrick. Everybody in Smallville knows, but Lois is (was) still clueless. rotflol
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/04/07 12:06 PM
Wanted to add -- I think the premise is great, but I'm also loving the details you put into it.

“After the news broke about Clark being shot everyone started brainstorming. Rachel located a bulletproof vest in Clark’s size, it wouldn’t fit under his coat but Helen was calling around trying to find the same coat a size or two larger. Dr. Barnes and Harvey Bennett have been arguing about broken ribs or rather how to explain no broken ribs while the Joel is trying to photoshop some X-Rays so they can say they were just cracked.”
Photoshopping x-rays! goofy

PJ
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FDK - Brainstorming - 03/09/07 04:36 PM
That was so amusing! Thanks for sharing it with us. smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards