Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: rivka Poor Clark! or FDK: Mixed Signals - 08/28/06 12:01 AM
The second reason is, in my fantasies, whenever I dreamt about telling her, she always, always slaps me. Every single time.
When even a guy's own fantasies don't have good endings . . . laugh

Very cute!
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Poor Clark! or FDK: Mixed Signals - 08/28/06 12:51 AM
Cute.

I read and read this part though, and I think I know what you mean, but I just can't get it to make any sense:

And I... didn’t. Perry turned me away. My dreams of a job at the Planet--shattered. My hopes of meeting Lois were equally unattainable.
Didn't what? I assume you mean that he didn't get a job at the Planet but to me it doesn't really seem connected (grammatically speaking) to anything.
Posted By: Wanda Detroit Re: Poor Clark! or FDK: Mixed Signals - 08/28/06 04:52 AM
Hi! Thanks for reading!!

Classicalla--I think what I was trying to say was:

She exuded confidence and professionalism.

And I... didn’t. Perry turned me away. My dreams of a job at the Planet--shattered. My hopes of meeting Lois were equally unattainable.

(SHE was confident, I wasn't.) He's trying to blame his inexperience and nerves on how come he didn't (initially) get the job.

But I agree with you, it is definitely confusing and/or a weird transition. Will be sure to clarify that before I send it on to archives!! Thanks!

--Wanda smile
Posted By: Matrix Re: Poor Clark! or FDK: Mixed Signals - 08/28/06 02:04 PM
Okay, trying to steer clear of the word "cute" Wanda, since it's been used...

This was adorable. laugh

I too loved the part about him getting slapped every time in his dreams. That was way too funny!

Loved it.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Poor Clark! or FDK: Mixed Signals - 08/29/06 10:15 AM
Most excellent!! smile

As soon as Lois Lane saw Superman, she was hooked. And I was burnt toast, left on the sidelines, kaput.
Burnt toast? hehehe! very witty! Loved it!!

The second reason is, in my fantasies, whenever I dreamt about telling her, she always, always slaps me. Every single time.
ROFL! I wonder why she'd do that... wink

Gotta go read "he said she said" again, now. hehehe! wink
Posted By: Rcpeaches2 Re: Poor Clark! or FDK: Mixed Signals - 09/05/06 05:07 PM
I loved the line about her slapping him too! Very cute story!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards