Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: windfall comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/02/03 05:07 PM
comments, suggestions, razz here, please.
Posted By: IreneD Re: comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/02/03 06:01 PM
laugh

Great installment!!

Irene
Posted By: TriciaW Re: comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/02/03 11:12 PM
Windfall

A wonderful part! thumbsup

I love Lois and Clark's dialogue. Their banter is great. clap

I'm looking forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool
Posted By: RL Re: comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/02/03 11:23 PM
The real scary thing about this is that I think I actually followed the soap plot somewhat. help
Posted By: Hazel Re: comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/03/03 12:55 AM
Oh, I didn't even *try* to follow the plot, but I started goofy

Things took a surprisingly serious turn with the secret Supes thingy, but this is still great fun. Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel
Posted By: rivka Re: comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/03/03 01:06 AM
Originally posted by RL:
"Don't worry", my schizophrenic part of me says to the other part. "The men in the white coats will be here shortly to come and get us." Or is that my evil twin who said that?
[soapbox] Ahem, science teacher here. Schizophrenia is NOT the same as multiple-personality disorder. [/soapbox]

Now, as far as the fic, this is lots of fun! And I noticed a few . . . bonuses. laugh
Posted By: RL Re: comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/03/03 01:24 AM
Sorry, I guess I got it wrong. Suppose it's a common mistake. Hearing multiple voices and other such hallucinations isn't the same thing as multiple personalities. Both are common soap themes, though.
Posted By: rivka Re: comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/03/03 01:31 AM
Very common, and the soaps perpetuate the problem. razz

Ahem, and to get this back on topic, I liked how things suddenly started to get way too close for Clark's comfort. laugh

[Edit: I also apologize for starting this. It is a sensitive topic for me, sorry.]
Posted By: LabRat Re: comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/03/03 03:57 AM
Still enjoying this one, Windfall - nice to see it back again! You seem to have caught the character of US soaps pretty well. goofy Looking forward to part three. smile

[Edit: I also apologize for starting this. It is a sensitive topic for me, sorry.]
This is always a difficult one, isn't it? Some of the 'off topic' debates and discussions which arise naturally in the middle of comments folders can be fascinating and I've enjoyed many of them and even learned something useful now and then for future stories.

But they can also distract everyone from the main point of the folder - commenting on the story - and that can be disappointing for the author if a debate really takes hold and comments get forgotten in the middle of it.

There have definitely been times when I've been intrigued by something OT in a comment on a story and wanted to explore it further but held back because I haven't wanted to distort attention away from comments. It's a dilemma all right.

Maybe authors need to set up two folders - one for comments and one for 'interesting discussions arising out of comments'! goofy

Anyway...now that I've dragged my post entirely OT... wink well done, Windfall - post more soon, please!

LabRat smile
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/03/03 02:30 PM
Hi,

Welcome back.

Great part. smile1 She told him.

Finally, she closed the door slowly, then listened as Clark’s footsteps retreated. She leaned against the door for a moment, then blew out a breath, wondering why her heart was beating so fast. <I should be used to it by now; it happens whenever he’s near. Just like losing track of time.> She started at the random thoughts. <Why is Clark having this effect on me? It’s not like he, well, it’s not like I’m…no, it couldn’t be…>

Clark walked slowly down the steps of Lois’s apartment, his hands in his pockets. He could hear the sound of Lois’s rapidly beating heart, and though he wished it was because she felt the same way he felt for her, he knew differently. He turned to look up at her window, saw the light go out, and sighed.
goofy What a pair.

More soon, please.

MAF thumbsup
Posted By: merry Re: comments-As the Planet Turns pt 2 - 07/03/03 04:13 PM
Windfall,
great part
glad to see this back
more soon please
merry
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards