Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MaraElaineKent FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 04/30/06 07:05 AM
I just discovered this song, it's beautiful! And so is this fic! An excellent look into AltClark's mind that second time around. I like the mention of his Lois. He's wrong, but it makes SO MUCH SENSE that he would feel that way. and that phrase "she'd let herself forget and he'd let himself remember"...absolutely beautiful.
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 04/30/06 08:26 AM
This one is beautifully poetic, C_A. I especially love the last two lines. So lyrical. Very emotive.

Excellent. clap

This one goes on my Kerth list for next time.

LabRat smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 04/30/06 01:05 PM
Wow! Yay! Very emotional and it's alt Clark, so I think I'm required to love it. goofy

For a man who could do virtually anything, being himself was the most difficult task he had ever faced.
I adore this line!!! Gets you right in the heart! mecry

Sara smile
Posted By: In4Adventure Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 04/30/06 11:40 PM
Wonderful vignette! Very true to character and so well written it touched my heart. Lots of very poetic lines, I am in awe!

Natascha
Posted By: lovetvfan Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 05/01/06 01:06 AM
Oh this was just so incredibly well done. So sad, and melencholy. I like that you have Alt Clark believing that he couldn't feel the same way for *his* LOis...because at that point, he WOULD think that.

He fell for Lois Lane of a different Metropolis and just because H.G. Wells told him his love was misplaced, doesn't make it just evaporate for him. To him, *his* Lois doesn't exist. All that does is the woman he met.

So sad. Excellent vignette.
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 05/01/06 03:31 AM
CA

This is wonderful. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 05/01/06 03:39 AM
Very, very nice! Nicely written and emotional. Good job!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: Xanabee Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 05/01/06 03:44 AM
He heard voices calling for him and knew they depended on him, if only to offer them the kind of comfort he could not find himself.
Awww... that is just so Clark-in-any-Universe.
Always putting the needs of others before his.

What a beautiful vignette. Thanks for sharing! thumbsup

Ursie
Posted By: C_A Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 05/01/06 01:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I wish I had more time (and inspiration!) to write, because the feedback is so great goofy .
Posted By: ezym Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 05/01/06 06:41 PM
thumbsup
Listening to the song while reading this story really made my day, even if your writing is so emotional. whinging
It was just beautiful.
Thanks for writing it smile
Posted By: C_A Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 05/03/06 05:11 AM
Thanks, ezym. I hadn't actually thought of listening to the song while reading (or, in my case, writing) the story, but that's a cool idea.
Posted By: angelic_editor Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 05/11/06 08:39 PM
C_A, this was absolutely wonderful! So bittersweet, so hauntingly beautiful.

And this was so achingly resonant:
Strength, even the strength of a superhero, ran out. Someday he might find himself in her doorway again, because he might realize that he could not stay away when she called for him. That being with her, even if only for a little while, hurt less than being without her for the rest of his life.
That's ... yeah. I have no words. It's perfect. Heart-shatteringly perfect.

Thanks for sharing this on the boards, C_A!
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 05/12/06 11:38 AM
Oh, C_A, you're breaking my heart here...

She was the reason he went to help when H.G. Wells asked him to. She was the reason he vowed to do everything in his power to stop Tempus and to bring back her husband, to return him to her side, when the only thing he wanted was to take his place.
Oh that was so sad...I still have a lump in my throat. mecry

Great job.
Posted By: C_A Re: FDK: And So It Is 1/1 - 05/12/06 12:31 PM
The feedback, it continues! Yay! laugh

Thanks, angelic_editor and DJ. I'm very happy you liked it. smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards