Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek FDK: Getting Nowhere - 03/26/06 03:37 PM
Cute little piece!

Poor Jimmy!

I must admit, I didn't see it coming until you mentioned that after several *weeks* he was finally hired. I thought it was Clark up until then.

Keep up the good work, Catherine!
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Getting Nowhere - 03/26/06 03:41 PM
Looks like we started 3 FDK folders at the same time. Oops!

Very cute Cat! You had me fooled too.

Jackie
Posted By: Incognito Re: FDK: Getting Nowhere - 03/26/06 03:42 PM
I always enjoy your work, Catherine, and this is no exception. I didn't see the Jimmy twist coming, either, until the search for something that would give him an edge was mentioned. And I felt predictably gooey at the quick and random mention of Clark. *g* Thank you.
Posted By: angelic_editor Re: FDK: Getting Nowhere - 03/26/06 03:44 PM
Hah! Definitely an oops moment! I've moved my comment over here so an admin can delete the erroneous one if they like.

Catherine, your writing is gorgeous as ever, and this is such a simultaneously sweet and sad vignette. I love love love the insight you give us into Jimmy's psyche, and his latent (well, sort of wink ) crush on Lois.

I also loved how you had me thinking this was Clark nearly the whole time, but this got me thinking it could be Jimmy:
Finally after several weeks he had found his niche, and presenting his work once more to Perry, he wad hired.
(One tiny nit-pick: I think it was meant to be "was" there).

And I just loved this:
One day he walked into the office, Lois was there on another tirade, and so was another new guy. And he recognized the look of awe on the young face.

Trust me, buddy, he remembered thinking, You’ll get nowhere.

Jimmy sighed as Lois’ rampage came to an end and she sat down next to her husband. He sighed again. Well, some of us will get nowhere.
Gah — am such an angst masochist. Lovely piece — and I'm hoping I'll actually find time tonight to sit down with your "Betrayal of Justice" story, yay! Looks like it sparked quite a bit of attention, and I can't wait to read it.
Posted By: lovetvfan Re: FDK: Getting Nowhere - 03/26/06 05:15 PM
Aww, that was just the cutest fic ever! Keep it up! smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: Getting Nowhere - 03/26/06 05:55 PM
jawdrop ROTFL! You totally had me going right til the end -

Actually, it was more she told him what she needed and he got it for her as fast as he could.
Great writing and sweet story!!

Sara (t-minus 4 hours on Kerth reading...)
Posted By: Capes Re: FDK: Getting Nowhere - 03/27/06 08:18 PM
I was expecting a twist, mainly because you have been so twisty of late. Still, it wasn't until the line about several weeks that I started to suspect I was right about the twist.

That being said, how clever! And how well written. I felt so badly for Jimmy, and yet not really surprised. How could he not fall for her? The best part was the new guy who had also fallen under her spell. That Lois Lane is something else smile
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Getting Nowhere - 04/01/06 09:25 PM
Catherine

LOL! laugh What a clever twist! smile1

Tricia cool
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards