Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Julie S FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/02/06 10:52 PM
ROTFLMAO Dave!!

rotflol

I'll have to thank Wendy for making you post this. wink

It's really sweet, too, though. It's just like him to be this faithful to her. smile )

Julie smile
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/02/06 11:23 PM
LOL!!!! rotflol Okay, I guess I hate those "forever-pre"-relationship stories as much as Wendy possibly loves them! Ah, those stories which end by telling us that Clark and Lois may actually become friends sometime in the (far) future. Or those where Clark is contemplating telling Lois his secret, but then again, acting rashly is never a good idea.... Or those which get them stuck in a Tempus-created time loop, where they can never progress past cuddling on the couch, so that they can never have any children of their own and Tempus has made sure that Utopia can never happen. Well! Those of you who love the "forever-pre" tales, David has written the ultimate, ultimate story for you! Come back here and read it whenever you think Clark is coming on to Lois a little bit too strong. And all you wonderful writers out there, now that David has given all of us this immaculate tribute to pure platonic yearning, perhaps you can take Clark and Lois past the lull of eternal "pre" now? Pretty please?

Ann
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 12:18 AM

I'll be back later with more feedback... but don't push me, okay? I just need some time to think.

Sara wink
Posted By: Nicole S Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 02:52 AM
OMG, Dave rotflol

I was so confused as to why they were in a hospital at first... I thought it was going to be something horrible and sad. And, well, this scenario was both horrible and sad, but just not in the way I thought. And you, mister, are just badddd!! But bad like GOOD because that gave me a really good laugh! So thank you for sharing! And thank you Wendy for pushing Dave to post this!

~NICOLE smile
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 03:50 AM
clap

Gotta love satire. laugh

And the fact that Clark is physically an old man!

Thanks, Dave. smile

c. (who is choosing to believe that although Lois never accepted the marriage proposal, the two had had a decades-long passionalte affair and that Clark's patience was not physical, but just a hope that they would marry for the sake of their kids. ) laugh
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 05:34 AM
LOL, Carol! Thanks for making me see this story in a wonderful new light!!!!
smile1 clap
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 06:10 AM
You are a very bad man.

rotflol

LabRat smile
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 06:32 AM
I see painkillers are good for writing!! wink

Jose smile1
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 07:08 AM
I don't get it. Why is everyone saying that this is funny? Or really horribly sad and mean? Don't you think it's just so romantic? I mean, he really will wait forever for her. goofy

Loved it, Dave. thumbsup

(And, yeah, I like Carol's interpretation too laugh )

Wendy smile
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 07:43 AM
rotflol

James
Posted By: angelic_editor Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 09:29 AM
I'm in total agreement with Wendy -- it's just so sweetly romantic:
Clark felt his heart lighten. He couldn't resist her charms, even after all this time. "Of course," he whispered, bringing her hand to his lips and smiling softly. He was a patient man. He'd given her time, and he'd give her more. He'd give her forever.
Just ... *gah.* I don't have enough words. Just ... that's it. That's love. The end.

Oops; P.S. Lovely vignette, Dave -- I'm glad Wendy convinced you to post this!
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 09:39 AM
That's love or dementia for you.
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 11:23 AM
LOL!!! rotflol

Jackie
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 01:34 PM
Hehe!!

That was fun. Romantic, too, but mostly fun.

(And LOL at Carol's suggestion rotflol )

Keep writing, Dave!
See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: YConnell Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 03:59 PM
LOL! Poor Clark.

Yvonne
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 04:41 PM
Dave, you have taken back all your "awwws" from If You Just Believe from me for this story. smile

Wonderful. I loved it, very aww and just a nice thing to read before heading out for the weekend. Love your work as always wink

~Lois Lane Wanna Be
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 08:20 PM
ROTFLMAO. Honey let me take out your teeth and suck on your gums! LOL Laura
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/03/06 09:28 PM
Dave

Now that's what I call dedication!! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: lovetvfan Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/05/06 02:44 AM
Oh this was FUNNY! So very Clark and yet so very silly smile Awesome stuff....
Posted By: Capes Re: FDK: Waiting For Her - 02/05/06 02:12 PM
ROFL!! You made me do a double-take there.

It's sweet, but also twisted. He would wait forever...Awww. He has to wait forever...Boooo.

Although it does make Lois look like an evil fiend for keeping that poor man waiting so long. Unless Carol's interpretation is taken into account in which case I withdraw my comment.

Thanks, Dave smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards