Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: cuidadora FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/27/17 07:29 PM
Yes, Mary Frances and Mike are back. No A-plot, and the B-plot just advances a smidgen from canon. Maybe.

This is the second in the Mission Series.

Thanks for commenting! hyper
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/27/17 08:22 PM
Aww! This is so cute and sweet. I love how Mary Frances was able to talk Lois out of her half baked scheme to stalk Clark to find out his secret. clap thumbsup
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/27/17 11:08 PM
Every time I meet Mary Frances I like her more. Good for her to teach Lois a valuable lesson about friendship.

Sometimes us readers are like Clark and Lois's stalkers as well, following them wherever they go, trying to learn their deepest secrets, and still wanting to know more. I write this as I wonder if the Mission was WHERE Clark needed to go and he didn't want Lois following, or if there was somewhere else (as Superman perhaps) he needed to be. I know I shouldn't pry, but still... [Linked Image]

Mary Frances is a true friend to Clark. Only Lois would assume reasons other than the obvious for Clark helping out at the Mission.

Good to see Mike still keeping an eye on our favorite guy. smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 12:12 AM
I agree with Virginia. I'll only add that I wish Mary Frances had been in the actual show, but as is, she has become part of my head canon.

Already looking forward to the next Mary Frances story.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: KenJ Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 01:10 AM
Nice little piece. Maybe now, Clark will have some peace, at least for a while.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 01:25 AM
Mary Frances is a breathe of fresh air! Lois needed a serious comeuppance! Clark should be allowed his privacy.

Great story!
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Aww! This is so cute and sweet. I love how Mary Frances was able to talk Lois out of her half baked scheme to stalk Clark to find out his secret.

Glad you liked it. Yes, it was a half-baked idea, but Lois is known for jumping in without checking the water level. And she never thought about: following = stalking = betrayal of trust.

Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 02:02 AM
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Every time I meet Mary Frances I like her more. Good for her to teach Lois a valuable lesson about friendship.

Mary Frances is growing on me, too. lol

Sometimes us readers are like Clark and Lois's stalkers as well, following them wherever they go, trying to learn their deepest secrets, and still wanting to know more. I write this as I wonder if the Mission was WHERE Clark needed to go and he didn't want Lois following, or if there was somewhere else (as Superman perhaps) he needed to be. I know I shouldn't pry, but still...

Yes, you're right. Clark needed to go to the Mission for his monthly volunteering. But, he decided to make Lois think it was a big secret, and that's why he looked around outside. No, Superman wasn't needed just then. I'll edit that to clarify before submitting it to the Archives. Thanks for pointing it out!

Mary Frances is a true friend to Clark. Only Lois would assume reasons other than the obvious for Clark helping out at the Mission.

rotflol

Good to see Mike still keeping an eye on our favorite guy. smile

Yup, he's around for Clark.

Thanks for commenting, Virginia! hyper
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn S.M.
I agree with Virginia. I'll only add that I wish Mary Frances had been in the actual show, but as is, she has become part of my head canon.

Already looking forward to the next Mary Frances story.

Wow, Lynn! I think I'm close to speechless. Definitely close to tears. Delighted you think that much of Mary Frances. There's another story in development, although I'm not sure when it will be ready to post.

Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by KenJ
Nice little piece. Maybe now, Clark will have some peace, at least for a while.

Hi Ken!

Glad you liked it. Well, this is first season Lois, so I'm not sure how much peace Clark will be getting...

Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by Morgana
Mary Frances is a breathe of fresh air! Lois needed a serious comeuppance! Clark should be allowed his privacy.

That's exactly how I hoped folks would see Mary Frances.

I agree, Lois crossed a line and needed to be reeled in. And who better to do it than her fifth grade teacher? lol

Yes, Clark should be allowed his privacy.

Posted By: PuffyTiger Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 03:15 AM
What a lovely inbetweenie. I'm with the others, I really like Mary Francis. One of the powerful things about stories is that we can meet wise characters who can help us real people see things clearer. Thanks so much for sharing this one with us! smile
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
What a lovely inbetweenie. I'm with the others, I really like Mary Francis. One of the powerful things about stories is that we can meet wise characters who can help us real people see things clearer. Thanks so much for sharing this one with us! smile

Hi PuffyTiger!

I'm glad you like Mary Francis. I like her, too. lol She helped clarify things for Lois, and I'm glad if she does for readers, too.

Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/28/17 08:53 PM
delightful.
Posted By: Mike M Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/29/17 05:59 AM
I don't read much around here any more but Mike and Sister Mary Francis always get my attention. Nice story with a great principle.

Mike
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/29/17 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Framework4
delightful.

Hi Framework! Glad you liked it.

Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 05/29/17 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mike M
I don't read much around here any more but Mike and Sister Mary Francis always get my attention. Nice story with a great principle.

Hi Mike!

Thanks for reading and commenting! Glad you liked it. hyper
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 06/01/17 03:45 PM
Great story! I really love Sister Mary Frances. I can't wait to read more about her. And it's fun to see her and Mike teamed up (even if she doesn't realize it) to help protect Clark. And Lois too, really, even if SHE doesn't realize they are protecting her!

Lived the story, thanks for sharing it!
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 06/02/17 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Great story! I really love Sister Mary Frances. I can't wait to read more about her. And it's fun to see her and Mike teamed up (even if she doesn't realize it) to help protect Clark. And Lois too, really, even if SHE doesn't realize they are protecting her!

DC, glad you enjoyed it. There are more coming, when RL and my muse both cooperate! lol

Mary Frances definitely is looking out for both Clark and Lois. Whether or not either Lois or Mary Frances realize it, she has been looking out for Lois since Lois was a student in her classroom. wink

Posted By: TaliaJoy Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 08/19/17 02:12 AM
A sweet, simple and enjoyable story. This is exactly the kind of LC fic I like, really. Short and not complex, but meaningful, well-done and endearing. thumbsup

One thing I love is you highlighting Clark being great at making friends, that just feels so like him.
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Mission of Friendship - 08/19/17 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by TaliaJoy
A sweet, simple and enjoyable story. This is exactly the kind of LC fic I like, really. Short and not complex, but meaningful, well-done and endearing. thumbsup

One thing I love is you highlighting Clark being great at making friends, that just feels so like him.

Thanks TaliaJoy for reading and commenting! hyper

I'm glad you liked this little in-between story. Clark making friends was something I noticed the first time I watched the show and that stuck with me as an important part of him.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards