Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Single White Kryptonian 10 - 08/12/05 05:03 PM
I'm sorry it's been so long since the last post. My grandfather had a heart attack on Monday, and it's been a big disruption for me and the rest of my family. He's out of surgery and doing somewhat better. Thanks for your support after all this time.

And just one more old chapter to go before the we start on the new material!
Posted By: YConnell Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 10 - 08/12/05 07:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your granddad, Shayne! I'll keep my fingers crossed that he continues to improve.

This is a fascinating segment. You paint a really vivid picture of Pete's decline and his sordid existence now that he's lost his family, not to mention Clark's complex emotions on seeing his ex-friend's house and they way he now lives.

And then you give us his first encounter with kryptonite. Well, this will be interesting. I guess they'll all just think he's suffering a bad turn of some sort. Only Clark will make the link. Poor guy!

Looking forward to more whenever you can manage it.

Yvonne
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup
My sympathies for your family emergency, I hope all goes as well as possible.

While I'm not really reading the reposted-chapters, I'm exhilarated that it's soon time for the new stuff! Looking forward to it.
Posted By: Shadow Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 10 - 08/12/05 10:14 PM
Oh no, sorry to hear to hear about your grandfather! I hope he continues to get better; I'll keep him in my prayers.

Another great part!
Jen
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 10 - 08/12/05 10:18 PM
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your Granpa. I hope circumstances turn out for the best for you and yours.

Thank you for posting this. As has been said, this segment was extremely detailed, well described. Having lived in a small town in the south, I felt very dragged in, almost uncomfortable with your description of Pete and his situation so, well done on that aspect! thumbsup

And now Clark is going to collapse in pain right there in front of Lois AND Pete, oh man!! I'm guessing Pete knows Clark is different, but now Lois is going to see too....YIKES!!!

Looking forward to the next section. clap

TEEEEEEEJ
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 10 - 08/12/05 10:21 PM
Y'know, I'm thinking this is the section of the story where everything gets really really bad for a while, before the eventual turn-around. This is not my favorite part of a story. peep So... post more quickly, please <g>

PJ
hope your grandfather's doing well
Posted By: Sheila Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 10 - 08/12/05 11:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandfather, but glad that he's better!

Great part, but please...WHAT HAPPENED IN SMALLVILLE? wildguy
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 10 - 08/13/05 07:16 AM
Shayne

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. frown I hope he gets better soon.

This is an excellent part. mecry

I can't wait to see what happens next. eek

Tricia cool
Posted By: Hazel Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 10 - 08/15/05 02:44 AM
Hope your grandfather's doing well, Shayne.

Yow. Poor Pete. And Clark. Don't have much faith in the foster system, do you?

Clark didn't *know* about Kryptonite? Uh oh. And in front of Lois, too!

More please, and SOON.

Hazel
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Comments: Single White Kryptonian 10 - 08/15/05 11:36 AM
The delay in posting is totally understandable. Best wishes for your family.

I admit it, I cheated and looked up the original postings because I just couldn't stand it anymore!

This sounds like a much harsher Smallville than the one the our Clark grew up in.

I don't think this is his first exposure to gK, though.

James
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards