Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 08:01 AM
Nice!!!

Great idea, very well done... the clone wasn't all bad, and she deserved at least that much recognition. That's something the show can't really cover, but it's one of the things fanfic is good for -- filling in the gaps.

Very sweet.

PJ
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 11:43 AM
As Pam says, a painfully-moving nice little in-betweenie. smile

Hazel
Posted By: Karla Kent Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 12:41 PM
hi

good idea!!! very original.

well Done thumbsup

I really like it.

Karla
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 12:58 PM
Great story!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 01:12 PM
Very sweet! That's pretty dang awesome for a first timer. Well done!

TEEEEEEJ
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 01:26 PM
Superb thumbsup
Posted By: Wanda Detroit Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 03:06 PM
This was great--I've always had a little of a soft spot for 'Clois'--thank you for giving her a name and a memory!

Great dialogue and moving descriptions!
--Wanda smile
Posted By: HatMan Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 04:09 PM
Nice job. smile I don't think many of us (with one or two notable exceptions) really gave much thought to the clone (or, if we could avoid it, to most of that arc wink ), but it's nice to see her get a bit of recognition.

I'm curious, though... Why Anne? Does the name have any significance, or was the point just to have a name?

Paul
Posted By: JudeMustard Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 08:00 PM
I like the way Pam does this:

Thank you Pam, Hazel, Karla, James, TEEEEEEJ, AnKS, Wanda and Paul! smile1

I actually had this story sitting on the back burner for ages. I rewatched the Non-Wedding Argh a couple of days ago for the purpose of another fanfic I was working on, and again found myself so touched by the character of Clois that I almost cried when she died. I guess it's a tribute to Teri Hatcher's acting skills, that she made me care so much for a character who started out as a bad guy. That scene when Clois is crying and Martha's trying to get her to talk... wow!

Now, I hate the Argh as much as anyone else, but the last thing I wanted was for Lex to be right when he said that she would be unloved, unmourned and forgotten smile Hence this fic.

I'm curious, though... Why Anne? Does the name have any significance, or was the point just to have a name?
Paul, there's no particular reason why she's called Anne other than that I wanted something short and sweet (to represent her life?), and was desperate to find a name quickly before I sent the story off to my beta. You're right, the point was just to have a name. I really like "Anne", though. Anne with an E wink

JM
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 08:48 PM
Very nice! thumbsup

*clears throat* Um, I'm kinda partial to the arc . . . *ducks*

I wasn't when it first showed! But it's one of the tapes I like to rewatch over and over (ok, all my L&C tapes fit that description, but this one a bit more than others).

And I always thought Clois got a bum deal. So I really enjoyed this fic. Thanks! laugh
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 08:58 PM
Very nice idea. That was sweet! Laura
Posted By: JenniJac Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 11:30 PM
Sad but sweet, I feel sorry for the clone. This is a great fic! I hope you write more smile
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/10/05 11:46 PM
Great fic! Yeah, I suppose the clone really doesn't get enough credit sometimes. Thanks for sharing it with us, I'll definitely look forward to reading more from you.

JD
dance
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/11/05 12:51 AM
A very original idea! smile1 I enjoyed it immensely and look forward to reading more of your stories.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/11/05 01:36 PM
That was wonderful!!!

Keep writing,
AnnaBtG. (with an A wink )
Posted By: JudeMustard Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/11/05 09:56 PM
Thanks Rivka, Laura, JenniJac, JD, Tricia and Anna-with-an-A wink

I really appreciate you guys' feedback on my little fic. I'm glad that there are others out there who agree that the clone wasn't all bad. I was afraid that I would get lynched by arc-haters if I posted this, or something. Very relieved that people liked it!

Am trying to work on another, much longer fic. Although, seeing as how I've been writing it since 1997, don't hold your breaths. peep I'm trying...! smile

JM
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/12/05 01:27 AM
Hi,

Sorry I'm a little late with fdk, but this was a lovely story.

I have not ignored Clois. In fact, she features in the only episode adaption I've ever written, so I was particularly pleased to see someone write a memorial for her. I always saw her as a tragic pawn in Luthor's diabolical plot.

Thank you,
Yours Jenni
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/12/05 03:36 AM
Hey, you posted! goofy

Beautifully done. Very funny in parts - loved Lois's reactions to the mail. And very poignant as others have mentioned. Loved it. <snuffle>

LabRat smile
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/12/05 08:03 AM
Sorry to be so late in posting, but I'm late in posting everything right now, so it's not surprising.

Like Labbie, I've always thought of the clone as another of Lex's victims rather than a real villain. She wasn't old enought to know better, and with a teacher like Lex how was she supposed to know what was right or wrong? In the end, she did the right thing, and the series didn't let her really have the credit she deserved, so I think your little piece was perfect for that. Clark and Lois (after all the fireworks died down) should have given her at least that much gratitude for her help.

Nan
Posted By: JudeMustard Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/12/05 06:40 PM
Wow! blush

Jenni and Nan, of course it's never too late for the intoxicating drug of FDK wink Thank you.

Labbie, thanks for your comments, and thank you for noticing the humour in the beginning. I wasn't sure if that bit would come across right.

JM (who confesses that she has yet to read Masques, and looks at her own, 16KB story, then at LabRat's 1600KB one, and shudders wink I do intend to read it, I promise!)
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/12/05 11:41 PM
Tips for reading Masques:

• Keep in mind that while it's long, it's really good.
  • Don't try to print it out. It's a LOT of paper, and if you try to fit more on a page by not putting in page numbers and then drop it . . . well, you will NEVER figure out what order they're supposed to be in. Never!
  • PDAs are really good for reading it on. Five minutes here, ten minutes there, 45-minutes-that-were-supposed-to-be-5-minutes-and-now-I'm-running-late . . .
Posted By: JudeMustard Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/13/05 06:51 AM
Wow, there are tips for reading Masques??

Keep in mind that while it's long, it's really good.
With you so far...

Don't try to print it out...
Print it out???? shock sloppy

JM
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/13/05 03:13 PM
Well, I figure you can learn from my mistakes.

Not that I did any of those things. [Linked Image]
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/14/05 12:11 AM
Oops I'm late blush

Good story smile1
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/16/05 01:24 PM
Chiming in late, Jude, to add my praise to everyone else's. This was very poignant, very nicely done indeed. clap I hope we see more from you soon!

Wendy smile
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/16/05 01:53 PM
Very nice, Jude! I, too, loved this little in-betweenie and your thoughtful take on Anne's character. thumbsup

Kaethel smile
Posted By: JudeMustard Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/17/05 02:04 PM
Thank you Jose, Wendy and Kaethel for taking the time to leave your comments. Come on, you guys know better than me that it's never too late for comments smile

Kaethel wrote:
your thoughtful take on Anne's character
{{{{{{{{Kaethel}}}}}}}} smile1

Jude
Posted By: Krissie Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/18/05 11:20 AM
I've just read this. And it's beautiful. The story really came alive with the dialogue. I could really hear Lois as she muttered under her breath, opening her mail. And then...

The conversation between Lois and Clark is beautiful, and the wording for the headstone is perfect.

Thank you for posting this.

Chris smile
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 02/21/05 03:14 PM
Hi,

Great story. hyper
Posted By: EmilyH Re: FDK: Not Unloved - 03/01/05 05:20 PM
This is a really good story. I enjoyed it.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards