Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Nicole S FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 01:20 PM
Hey everyone smile

I wrote this at work today. It's not at all the kind of story I would normally write or think of, but it was something that I guess I just needed to get out. laugh You can obviously leave any and all feedback, if you'd like~

smile1 NICOLE
Posted By: Wanda Detroit Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 03:53 PM
Nicole,
That was so sweet and waffy! I loved the dialogue. Loved Lois' first-person. Loved the "I was going all Lois Lane on him" line... Thank you for sharing. I have to admit I got a little misty-eyed at the end there.
Great job!
--Wanda
Posted By: Julia Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 04:03 PM
Aw, that was sweet. thumbsup Great little story, I really enjoyed reading it. wave
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 04:11 PM
Awww....When Lois said, "Don't give up on me"...that made me puddle.

JD
smile1
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 04:40 PM
Cute little story.

Tank (who felt it was set in just about the right time frame, by the use of Mayson as a catalyst for Lois)
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 04:54 PM
Really lovely, Nicole! Poor Clark - when he said he'd finally decided to let go, I really felt for him. I knew that he couldn't be as calm and blasé about it as he pretended. And when Lois finally realised what was different about the way he was looking at her - the absence of hope in his eyes - I wanted to hug him. Awww!!

And I too loved Lois's 'Don't give up on me' line. Very, very nice story, Nicole!

Wendy smile
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 05:33 PM
Aww very sweet Laura
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 06:45 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww!

We're gonna need a mop over here! Pile of goo on aisle 10!
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 06:58 PM
So very, very, very smart. And so very, very, very well written.

That the hope for the two of them was what was missing from Clark's eyes, and Lois knew it's absence but couldn't name it until he told her...oh, so very, very, very brilliant!!

Loved it!

(very much)

CC
Posted By: Karla Kent Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 07:59 PM
excelent Nicole

Very sad first, then sweet blush

Lois crying and Clark worried then the kiss thumbsup

Great story clap

Karla
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/07/05 11:25 PM
Loved the imagery with his eyes and the emptiness... and her plea not to give up was so sweet, too.

Lovely little story!

Hazel
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/08/05 04:10 AM
Nice! The last line is my favorite -- that's how it all started. Very, very nice.

PJ
Posted By: Nicole S Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/08/05 09:39 AM
Hey all- thanks for all the responses!! Glad to see that this little story was enjoyed smile

Okay, back to doing re-writes, lurking, READING and stuffs... uh, i mean, back to work! Because I'm at work... and that is what i do. I work. I don't do fanfic-related things until AFTER work. Yeah... :rolleyes:
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/08/05 12:43 PM
Hi,

Cute. hyper
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/09/05 06:04 PM
I can just see this scenario, too. Lois is awfully good at rationalizing and avoiding. It takes a real shock to wake her up.

Very nicely done.

Nan
Posted By: Superteen Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/09/05 08:20 PM
*tear* oh so very very lovely... wait... no... it's loverly, very loverly...
i was empathic towards clark (not sure if that's the correct word there) and also confused for a little bit while he was explaining... it's beautiful that Lois recognized that there was a change in Clark, just by seeing (or rather not seeing) the look in his eyes...

now that i'm in Adv. Comp. I think i'll be replying to more stories... it's actually fun now...

notworthy *bows in wonder to the writer*

Superteen
Posted By: Nicole S Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/10/05 09:23 AM
I have replies in 3 different threads right now, which is strange smile I didn't know where to reply, but I thought it would be best here.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, it's very very appreciated!! smile1 Thanks for reading this story (my first attempt at a vignette)

Nancy, sorry for the thread confusion, I really appreciated your comments. Everything you said was so sweet. blush I'm not sure that other writers haven't explored similar variations of that idea at some point, but thank you for making me feel that mine was different and unique. I agree that it definitely was simple. Simple idea, simple to write, simple even to imagine (although Clark letting go of his Lois Lane love and fixation??? Might not be all that likely... but fun nonetheless, as pulling Lois to her senses can often be!)

So thanks everyone laugh
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/11/05 12:47 AM
Nicole

A lovely story! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/13/05 11:23 PM
Beautiful!! smile1
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/16/05 11:05 AM
Very nice, very warm story. I liked it.

Now, how about the same vignette from Clark's point of view? His thoughts on "giving up" on Lois. His confusion as he watches her stutter, then cry. His reaction to her plea that he not give up on her.

Please? I'd wager you could do a bang-up job on it.
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/16/05 01:33 PM
Very nice indeed Nicole! smile Bittersweet at times, and you really conveyed Lois's fear when Clark said he'd given up on his hope that someday they'd be more than friends. Way to make her see what she'd refused to see all along. smile

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: FDK: Giving Up and Giving In - 02/19/05 05:53 PM
Damn Nicole!!! mad

You made me cry for Lois and Clark???

I only used to cry for Lex! ARGH... I gotta go now er... listen to Halo or something.

MDL. (who's ready to start producing the buttons from Nicole's fan club to everyone who wishes one. - MDL - FoNs President. laugh )
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards