Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam FDK: What Friends are For - 09/01/04 07:34 AM
Nice work, Sara!! I totally fell for it <g> and usually I spot that kind of twist coming from miles away... but you did a great job.

Poor Rachel. All of a sudden I like her more than I ever have... and now I'm going to be so sad, thinking of her lonely life, and whinging Why'd you have to make me sad, Sara? mecry

Okay, just kidding <g> This was very well-done, so get back to writing more stuff, will ya??

PJ
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: What Friends are For - 09/01/04 08:36 AM
Oh, wow, that was fabulous! I waited for the twist...because there's always a twist...and I waited some more...and then I totally fell into the trap.

JD
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK: What Friends are For - 09/01/04 09:29 AM
I love it. It was so sweet, and sad. And I fell for the twist, too. I was wondering if there was a whole back story in the fic, then realized it wasn't Lois narrating after all. And it ended sweetly, too, with just a tad of sadness. *sniff* Great.
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: What Friends are For - 09/01/04 01:43 PM
Hi,

peep

On this balmy summer night, I know somewhere Clark Kent is dancing with his wife, the woman of his dreams. I'm struck, and strangely comforted by the thought that everything is exactly where it should be. Clark's happy. And I'm happy *for* him - I owe him that, he deserves that.

So why am I feeling so miserable?

I still miss him, still miss him terribly, even after all these years.

It's nobody's fault but my own. I pushed him away. I ignored him. I closed up inside myself and tried to deny his existence.

Now I have to move on. After all, he did - I owe it to myself to try and forget him. I can never tell him how I feel. Love isn't something that can be turned off and on like a tap - it won't go away just because he married another woman. But I can learn to live with that, and to be happy.
I'm feeling depress.

MAF frown
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: What Friends are For - 09/01/04 05:49 PM
Well done.

I have to say that I think the substitution of Lana for Mayson is what led me down the path. I never made that connection and so fell into the 'first person' Lois trap like everyone else.

Tank (who at first thought that the twist was going to be Clark, but the line 'my father's daughter' kind of messed that one up wink )
Posted By: Julie S Re: FDK: What Friends are For - 09/01/04 07:49 PM
First I thought it was Clark, then the daughter thing made me change my mind, to Lois. I still waited for the twist. though. Maybe I would have fallen easier if I hadn't just read Mary's (Queen of the Twists and/or Capes) story. <g>

But I did fall for it, because it was hard to pay attention and thinking about who it could be at the same time. goofy

Great story, very well written. whinging

Julie mecry
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: What Friends are For - 09/01/04 11:18 PM
thumbsup
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: FDK: What Friends are For - 09/02/04 12:44 AM
Hi Sara,

Nice story and very well written. smile

I knew it couldn't be Lois, because that just seemed to be the obvious character, and I did feel you had a twist in the tail for us. wink

Never dreamt of Rachel though. Very well done.

Yours Jenni
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: What Friends are For - 09/02/04 02:44 AM
Sara

WOW! This is wonderful. Extremely well-written! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: What Friends are For - 09/02/04 05:34 AM
At first I thought it was Lois.
Then I thought you had turned Lois into the sheriff and Rachel into the reporter.
And *then* I realized you were writing Rachel all along.

Excellent, Sara! mecry Loved it.

Keep writing!
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: ethnica Re: FDK: What Friends are For - 09/02/04 05:38 PM
whinging
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards