Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: mariadferdez. FDK: Damaged-Part 4 - 07/05/04 03:23 PM
Hi,

Great part. smile1
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: Damaged-Part 4 - 07/05/04 04:06 PM
Great, Yvonne! thumbsup thumbsup She's really touched me.

I'd say the last few paragraphs explain very clearly why this story's title is "Damaged"... interesting view!!

Can't wait for the next part,
AnnaBtG. hyper
Posted By: Simona Re: FDK: Damaged-Part 4 - 07/05/04 04:17 PM
Everything which happened in the past is not "past": The Past comes back to haunting us, and we have to come to terms with it.
Now LOis and Clark have to talk to each other, so that Clark can forgive himself, and Lois can understand that Clark is different from her captors and from the desperate man of few months ago.
Wonderful, Yvonne!! notworthy notworthy notworthy

Simona smile
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Damaged-Part 4 - 07/05/04 06:20 PM
Very powerful instalment.

Well, it's obvious now that Lois and Clark are doomed. No happy ever after in this story. Clark is a hopeless case. His addiction will keep cropping up and with Lois gone from his life, he'll fold up like a cheap cardboard suitcase and slip back into a full blown addicted state, forever.

While our poor crippled Lois will run like a bunny from all men and their 'evil' ways. She'll try and combat her fears by becoming a gay rights activist but will fail miserably because she still secretly pines for old super bod. She'll retreat into her mind and withdraw from society. Thinking that she's become a vegatable, she will be placed into an institution to spend the rest of her days in a small padded room staring off into space.

Not exactly happy ever after.

Tank (who thinks that the gentle readers have been mislead over the years and that Yvonne is really the great Evil One of fanfic)
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: Damaged-Part 4 - 07/06/04 12:35 AM
Wow. Just, wow.

This was an excellent part even before the last scene. One step closer, two steps back. Expected, but frustrating.

But that last bit. was just. AMAZING!

Ok, I'm ready for the next part. Who's with me?!
Posted By: snarla2 Re: FDK: Damaged-Part 4 - 07/06/04 03:49 PM
Ok, I'm ready for the next part. Who's with me?!
I am, too--this is turning out to be a really interesting story. smile The "real" Lois is surfacing pretty quickly. thumbsup

It reminds me very much of one of my favorite fics, "Long Strange Trip": wave
Posted By: L Re: FDK: Damaged-Part 4 - 07/06/04 05:30 PM
I did not write Long Strange Trip as the result of a challenge. I think I started the story about 4 yrs ago, and it just kind of formed itself in my brain.

Glad you are enjoying it.
Posted By: YConnell Re: FDK: Damaged-Part 4 - 07/07/04 01:08 AM
Nope, this wasn't written in response to a challenge either. It's simply the sequel to Addicted. Addicted was Clark's story of his struggle against inner demons; Damaged is Lois's story of a similar struggle.

I hadn't noticed the parallels with LST before - very interesting!

Yvonne
Posted By: snarla2 Re: FDK: Damaged-Part 4 - 07/07/04 09:48 PM
I think I started the story about 4 yrs ago, and it just kind of formed itself in my brain.
L, I read LST from the beginning, but since I used the toc links, I guess I never noticed the dates on the early parts blush

Wow, 4 years! smile Now I admire your persistance almost as much as your writing.

snarla2
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards