Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Silence - 06/18/04 01:39 AM
Well, I know it's a bit weird, but let me know what you think.
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments: Silence - 06/18/04 02:17 AM
smile1
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments: Silence - 06/18/04 05:08 AM
lol, Shayne smile Great vision of this future "utopia" and I like the way you use it to explain Tempus's first few unplugged days. And once he gets out of this cell, he'll be ready for more elaborate strategies. Cool.

PJ
Posted By: ChaaBreh Re: Comments: Silence - 06/18/04 07:41 AM
That was different! "Headnet" - what a scary thought that is! Yikes.

And we thought Big Brother was bad.

You could do a sequel to this..........

/me loves sequels!
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Comments: Silence - 06/18/04 11:12 AM
Ooooh. I like! Very thought-provoking, Shayne. I've probably said that way too many times already, but the idea of Utopia has always disturbed me because I feared it would be like what Tempus describes in your piece. I particularly like the idea that he lost all sense of reality.

But I've got a complaint! This would be so fantastic in a long, convoluted story where you'd show us Tempus's character through several scenes of the kind! I know you've been very busy lately, but by all means try to find sometimes to feed your hungry readers a long story where you give us that kind of revealing scenes. smile

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: Comments: Silence - 06/18/04 12:12 PM
Very nice.

I like the different premise!

~Liz
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments: Silence - 06/18/04 04:53 PM
Hi,

Great story. thumbsup

MAF thumbsup
Posted By: Shadow Re: Comments: Silence - 06/18/04 05:31 PM
Cool, I like. Ending packed a good punch for me.

JD
smile
Posted By: rivka Re: Comments: Silence - 06/18/04 05:34 PM
Very clever premise! thumbsup

I'm not sure I agree entirely with Kae. While I would certainly like to see a longer Shayne-fic, this works really well as a short. Sort of a quick one-two punch. wink
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments: Silence - 06/19/04 02:05 AM
Shayne

A fantastic premise! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Comments: Silence - 06/19/04 05:17 AM
Nice, Shayne!

An interesting, thought-provoking view of Utopia. Maybe Tempus isn't that bad, after all?

I, too, think it works great as an one-parter.
But keep writing nonetheless!

See ya
AnnaBtG. (computer addict - literally speaking)
Posted By: Meredith Re: Comments: Silence - 06/19/04 07:11 AM
Excellent, Shayne! notworthy

Mere
Posted By: Nan Re: Comments: Silence - 06/19/04 09:12 AM
Now that's a real "short-story"; one that says a lot in a very few lines and really packs a wallop.

Nan
Posted By: ShayneT Re: Comments: Silence - 06/19/04 10:24 AM
I really appreciate the feedback. Chris, Headnet is a scary idea, but it's only a logical extrapolation of today.

We've all known people who seem to have cell phones permanently attached to their ears, and now phones are more and more being connected to the web. I've seen parties with younger people where everyone was talking on their cell phones to people not there and no one was 'in the moment'.

Helene, I'm not sure the story could be maintained throughout a longer format. This story is devoid of much of Tempus's usual sense of irony and humor; that could be explained as mental exhaustion for the moment.A larger story, though would have to change.

Anna, always remember the source. Tempus doesn't like to think that he's all bad, but then, most people don't. As Maria says, people can justify almost anything to themselves so they can do what they want.

Thank you all for the feedback. It's been a while since I've had any. Of course, I guess I have to write for that to happen...
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Comments: Silence - 06/23/04 01:51 PM
Very nice!

Sort of a twist on Minority Report and an episode of the Outer Limits where everyone was connected to the internet via a hardware in their head.

An interesting spin on things.

Much better than what I have been working on for more than 3 years, which will probably never see the light of day...

James
Posted By: Bumpkin Re: Comments: Silence - 06/28/04 09:16 AM
Awesome Shayne! Loved it! I like having new ideas for why villians do what they do and that just made so much sense smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards