Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 07:25 AM
Hmmm... a new Wendy story! smile I think you're off to a good start, setting up the stage and putting all the players in place. Should be interesting to see L&C being friends with her in on the secret this early in their relationship. Lois of course thinks it'll never go further than friendship, but I have a hunch that she's dead wrong wink

Keep it coming! smile

PJ
Posted By: ethnica Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 08:18 AM
I like it! thumbsup
Posted By: ChaaBreh Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 08:38 AM
Well of course I first had to go and read Tank's EVIL VIGNETTE...let me guess: before you "waffed" it up, Wendy, it ended after "dissected him like a frog!" right??

So TANK of him....

Anyway, yes, it's fun that Lois and Perry know that Clark is S-Man this early on. They're both in love with each other and are afraid to make the first move.

Lots of places to go with this concept...

I will be a loyal follower....
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 08:48 AM
Yay! You started posting! hyper Hey, that means I've got to get my BR-tushie in gear, and pronto! wink

Kaethel smile
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 09:04 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!

This looks so good. Thanks for starting up a new fic. I am waiting .... impatiently I must say, for the next installment.

For some reason I'm drawn to when they were on the couch and Clark squeezed Lois' hand. Ah, warm fuzzies.

I must say though, I do love Tank endings. Sometimes it irriates me when movies and such end 'perfectly' all the time. I little torment is good for the soul... Muhahaha.

Waffy ending though do make my heart flutter and giddy like a school girl. Ah yes I have a smushy side. I'd cringe if that was ever made public. I'm a romatic at hear. blush
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 09:12 AM
So, we finally are seeing the sequel to the story that never really needed 'fixing'.

Intereseting.

I wonder what will happen along the way. It could be fun having Lois and Clark as a team in all aspects right from the start. And, of course, we all know how well Lois is at keeping her resolution of having Clark as 'just a friend'.

I'm sure this story will chug along, happily, with no problems or angst... yeah, right.

Tank (who is amazed at what can happen to a 'little' vignette)
Posted By: gerry Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 11:28 AM
"Wendy, you've got me reading along with everyone else. I want to see what the consequences of so many people knowing Clark's identity, so early on, will be.

And then there's Lois's reaction to her "friend".

This should be interesting.

gerry
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 11:33 AM
Hi,

Great start. help

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 12:45 PM
Yay! A new wendy story! Great start Wendy, I am looking forward to more soon. Laura
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 12:59 PM
Good start, Wendy. Leave it to me to start reading the sequel before the first one. wink I think I'll have to go read the first one, too!

Jen thumbsup
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 01:24 PM
Oooh!! Cool!! cool

I had forgotten about this!! :rolleyes:

Jose smile1
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 03:00 PM
Nice start, Wendy. smile It's good to see more of that particular story back. And this is a nice start. It gets us into the situation, some background and a few insights.

Right now, it looks like it all can be easily fixed. But since you're talking about a long story (epic, right?), there has to happen something. I'm looking forward to reading it all. So hurry up and post more! goofy

Saskia (needing a good excuse to escape her work load for the next few weeks)
Posted By: It'sMeCaryn Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 04:05 PM
Good start Wendy! smile1 Can't wait for the next post.

Caryn
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/22/04 08:57 PM
Yay!! Thanks for the great start Wendy!

Looking forward to part 2!

~Liz
Posted By: Bethy Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/23/04 12:03 PM
Wendy,

This looks to be a very cool story! I love the way Lois is steadfastly insisting that she won't fall for Clark. He he. We know better.

One tiny nitpick -- I read the challenge story to refresh my memory and there was a mention in there about Clark's parents not wanting to go to the hospital and Clark saying, after x-raying them, that since they had no broken bones, he could take care of them at home. But in the beginning here, you've got a comment about after their bruises and broken bones had healed. Just a little thing, but I thought you'd like to know.

Looking forward to part two,

Bethy
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/24/04 02:34 AM
Wendy

Yay, you're posting a new, long story! smile1
An excellent start! notworthy

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lois and Clark's relationship develops. How will Lois knowing Clark's secret affect things?

Please post the next part soon. laugh

Tricia cool
Posted By: Meredith Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/24/04 02:30 PM
Woo-hoo!!! Wendy's posting! laugh

Sooo... we have some great ingredients here. Lois knows the Secret, is getting on with Clark like a house on fire, but thinks He's Not For Her. Clark is thoroughly enjyoing having someone who knows, but thinks She's Not For Him. And the third essential ingredient will shortly arrive: chocolate ice cream.

What chance do they have? They'll each look at their ice cream, realise it's exactly the colour of each other's eyes and that they can't live without each other, and fall into each other's arms. Steamy wrap-up in part three.

Wait... a *long* story? How can this be a *long* story? confused Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the angstmeister dreams up... thumbsup

When's the next part due? We need schedules so we can prepare our withdrawal support groups, y'know. hyper

Mere
Posted By: Rac Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/24/04 02:57 PM
Huh, a realy long Wendy story that begins in the seemingly comfortable and stable realm in which Lois and Clark are friends, Lois is in the secret, and each one realizes that s/he is attracted to the other. So... she can't blow up at him for not telling her the truth, he can't do a lunkheaded thing like sleeping with Lois without telling her the truth.

What sort of horrible fate do you have in store for them, Wendy?!?! eek

Rac
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/25/04 06:21 AM
I thought that you did a great job of wrapping it up in the non-challenge.

However, I have to agreee that a LONG Wendy fic will probably satisfy most everyone, even Tank, because I just don't see you having a LONG fic without something horrible happening to them to test their love.

Let the WHAMS begin!

James
Posted By: Trenna Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/26/04 09:10 AM
Time is really short for me these days but a new, long story from Wendy makes me stop and savor.

Can't wait for more....

I keep checking back, don't tell me your posting schedule is only once a week?

Wendy, Don't be a stranger.....
Posted By: ClarksGal Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/26/04 09:20 AM
Nice story! Looking forward to the next part!
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Don't be a Stranger, pt 1 - 05/26/04 03:09 PM
Hi guys!

Yes, I'm horribly late coming back to respond to your wonderful comments. frown I really do apologise - it's been a hectic week, and I'm very late home tonight because today was my department's farewell dinner for me. So I hope you'll understand if I don't do a long response here.

It's nice to see so many of you remember the original evil story - now, Tank, did you really think that I could just let that one remain as it was? goofy Bethy, you're quite right about there being no broken bones - thanks for pointing that out! I've fixed it now.

And I see several of you are interested in the 'friends' thing and Lois being in on Clark's secret. wink All I'll say about that is wait and see... lots of things might or might not happen! evil

And, Rac, this made me ROFL:
Huh, a realy long Wendy story that begins in the seemingly comfortable and stable realm in which Lois and Clark are friends, Lois is in the secret, and each one realizes that s/he is attracted to the other. So... she can't blow up at him for not telling her the truth, he can't do a lunkheaded thing like sleeping with Lois without telling her the truth.

What sort of horrible fate do you have in store for them, Wendy?!?!
rotflol

Well... all I'll say is read and find out!

And no, Trenna, my posting schedule isn't (well, for now, anyway) just once a week. Part 2 coming up very soon!

Wendy smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards