Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: L FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/06/04 07:11 PM
Hope this pleases.

I didn't manage to get it in within a week, but 9 days is almost a record for me, lately.
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/06/04 08:09 PM
Whatever amount of time it takes, but don't stop. laugh I finally finished reading all the previous parts.

Excellent writeup of Lois' recovery from her long strange trip to Kal El's universe and her balancing of the similarities and differences between Kal El and Superman.

Awaiting continuations, smile1
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/06/04 08:57 PM
OK, they smooched and she didn't freak out TOO much!! Great job Lois! There's some progress for her!

“It’s just that – you know… how sometimes I act differently when you’re like this… I just wanted you to know that … it’s all of you- that I want….”

“Thank you, Lois. That means a lot. That means everything.”
So sweet! blush

~Liz
Posted By: stopquitdont Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/07/04 05:45 AM
L,

I haven't been commenting much along the way, but I love this story. I was hoping for a new part today. And by far, this was wonderful! Can't wait for more. Can't wait until all her barriers with Clark have been breached.

SQD
Posted By: L Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/07/04 06:08 AM
Thanks everyone!

I have a huge deadline this week, and I'm sick... so I"m not going to be able to give a lot of effort to taking what I have for the next part and turning it into a real chapter. Nonetheless, I hope to post by Sunday, next week.
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/07/04 07:27 AM
Yay!! Okay she's more confident!! smile1
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/07/04 07:38 AM
Wow... oh, I love this. They're making much more progress than I'd hoped for, but it's all handled very believably. They kissed! She kissed him! Even the part where she pushed him away was progress. And he's stopped being quite so terrified of scaring her with everything he says or does. smile1 So many great touches in this section -- I liked the point about how a goodnight kiss outdoors is less stressful than a kiss in his apartment.

Now I can't wait for his post-auction visit <g> You're using the auction to great effect in this story thumbsup It's allowed Lois to realize what she feels and motivated her to express it, without being any sort of direct threat.

Can't wait for more -- feel better, and have a great week! smile

PJ
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/07/04 07:54 AM
This instalment was all 'yucky' stuff, but I'll grant that it did show some progress for Lois.

Actually, it should have been a help to that progress, being that Clark and Kal would kiss differently. I can't imagine Clark, even in the throes of a more urgent passion would kiss even remotely like Kal. Kal is an arrogant selfish bully, and his kisses could never convey anything but a selfish desire for graticfication.

So, actually, I guess their kissing could be said to be a form of therapy for Lois.

Tank (who thinks that Clark might just find that idea of therapy a good thing too)
Posted By: ChaaBreh Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/07/04 10:43 AM
Wow, I just really love this story and can't wait for next week. I hope she gets the chance to go to our universe with Wells and see how happy our Clark and Lois are (with baby to boot?)

This story has been in the works two years huh? Glad you're keeping it going......it doesn't have to have an end....it can be our weekly Sunday soap opera of the continuing saga of ALTClark and ALTLois!
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/07/04 01:49 PM
Hi,

Wow! Great part. drool
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/07/04 06:35 PM
Yay I loved this Leela and I can't wait for more. Laura
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/07/04 06:51 PM
Nothing like jumping into a story somewhere in the 40th part. But I was curious, and once I got the general idea, had to go back and catch up.

I'm with you now, and the wait is worth it. You are doing something fresh and wonderful, packed full of real emotion.

Just wanted you to know you've caught another reader.

CC
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/08/04 01:31 AM
Leela

An excellent part! So emotional! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Carolyn Re: FDK: Long Strange Trip : part 50 - 03/08/04 02:23 PM
WOW Leela!

Lois is definitely making progress, every kiss is a step forwad.

“It’s just that – you know… how sometimes I act differently when you’re like this… I just wanted you to know that … it’s all of you- that I want….”

“Thank you, Lois. That means a lot. That means everything.”
Love this part!

Carolyn smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards