Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Vagrant 6 - 03/12/14 11:25 PM
My apologies for any mistakes I make; I'm trying to research this as well as I can. I certainly don't have the one on one experience that someone like Framework has.

Hopefully things are about to get better for Clark. Let me know what you think.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Comments: Vagrant 6 - 03/12/14 11:35 PM
Yea for Charlie King! clap Hero of Metropolis!

That shelter sounds awful. I'm surprised that Clark took a second shower in the morning. I'm sure he won't risk that mistake twice. I'm glad he has made one friend. Some volunteers. It sounds like they certainly weren't there out of the goodness of their hearts, maybe as court-ordered punishment of community service. frown

I still have hope with good people like Charlie King in the world. I'm glad Clark won't have to walk through Metropolis in bare feet.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: Comments: Vagrant 6 - 03/13/14 06:45 AM
This reminds me a bit of Jack London's non-fiction book People of the Abyss, which was published in 1903. Sadly, many things haven't changed over the years, and your portrayal of what the homeless have to go through to get a bed and a meal is spot-on (not everyone is as unfeeling as the volunteers in this story, but many are).

Glad to see Clark met Charlie King again -- it looks like he's going to be a help.
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Comments: Vagrant 6 - 03/13/14 09:44 AM
I keep saying to myself, "Why doesn't he just..." and then I realize, again, that Clark doesn't have all of his powers. I'm looking forward to how he handles all the things on his plate.

Unfortunately, your shelter isn't all that much of a stretch. We're familiar with a shelter in our area and, fortunately, it's not like the one you have in your story. Take the shelter I know, change the attitudes of the staff, take away some of their policies and suddenly you go from a place that protects and serves the homeless to one that beats people down and treats them like cattle.

Thanks,

Shallowford
Posted By: KateB Re: Comments: Vagrant 6 - 03/13/14 06:11 PM
Good Charlie! thumbsup Seems like he knows what's going on in the shelter and that Clark will need help. More soon, please. notworthy
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Comments: Vagrant 6 - 03/13/14 07:37 PM
Originally posted by ShayneT:
My apologies for any mistakes I make;
You are doing great. Portland's Sobering station takes everyone's shoes and locks them in a bag mostly to keep them from being stolen.
Posted By: DebbieG Re: Comments: Vagrant 6 - 03/14/14 11:17 AM
I'm glad Clark has a friend, at least. I hope things get better soon.

And maybe in a few years, Superman will be able to pay back Charlie and others by helping the homeless, without the sanctimony.
Posted By: John Lambert Re: Comments: Vagrant 6 - 03/14/14 07:50 PM
I like Charlie King and his helping Clark.
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Comments: Vagrant 6 - 03/15/14 08:39 PM
I mentioned a shelter the other day. It just occurred to me that it's been run for several years by a Pastor named Kent Clark.
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Comments: Vagrant 6 - 03/16/14 08:51 PM
Showing that good deeds will be rewarded...
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards