Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/06/13 10:26 PM
Wahoo! My girls have finally gotten a little better about sleeping for a few hours at a stretch at night, so I've been able to write. Don't get too excited though - I'm unfortunately not back to writing fulltime and have no idea when I'll be able to work on any of the other 8,000 ideas I have bouncing around in my head.
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 04:06 AM
Breathtakingly beautiful. *hides tiny little tears*
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 05:43 AM
Family means safety and security. It stands for love without restrictions or limits. It's a sense of being home, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. It's acceptance and support and belonging, a sense of worth I'd never before felt in my life. It is comfort and peace.
Yay! dance Deadly Chakram is back!

This so funny! I was in the mood to read something cool so I started reading Contractually Bound. So imagine my surprise when I opened the msbs this morning and discovered this gem.

I have read just about everything you have ever written and this story had me in happy tears...

OK, so you wouldn't be writing any long stories like the above mentioned, but its great to see your name on the boards again.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 07:46 AM
That was beautiful.
Posted By: Mike M Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 08:17 AM
I loved the short story. Concise and thorough exploration of a single topic.

Don't worry about length as long as you are writing gems like this.

Mike
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Breathtakingly beautiful. *hides tiny little tears*
Awwwww! Thank you! <hands over a tissue box>
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Morgana:
Family means safety and security. It stands for love without restrictions or limits. It's a sense of being home, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. It's acceptance and support and belonging, a sense of worth I'd never before felt in my life. It is comfort and peace.
Yay! dance Deadly Chakram is back!

This so funny! I was in the mood to read something cool so I started reading Contractually Bound. So imagine my surprise when I opened the msbs this morning and discovered this gem.

I have read just about everything you have ever written and this story had me in happy tears...

OK, so you wouldn't be writing any long stories like the above mentioned, but its great to see your name on the boards again.
Thanks, Morgana! It's good to be back, even for one short little introspective piece. It felt really good to write again.

Enjoy CB - I had a blast with that one!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Annie B.:
That was beautiful.
Thanks so much, Annie! smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Mike M:
I loved the short story. Concise and thorough exploration of a single topic.

Don't worry about length as long as you are writing gems like this.

Mike
Thank you, Mike! smile Short or long, I enjoy writing them all. I have a nice mix of story lengths floating around here - everything from short ones like this to novel length ones.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 12:35 PM
What a sweet retrospective. You highlighted many of the reason we all fell in love with Clark.

Funny, I thought most babies were born with blue eyes. But already, his eyes are unmistakably Clark's.
My daughter's were black, pupil and iris the same color. And, yes, we mothers note at first glance the good traits our children have inherited from each of us. Clark's eyes would definitely be the first thing Lois noticed.

Hands fisted in defiance as he cried
Oh, look. He's also Lois's child. clap Always a terrific milestone. My daughter slept through the night at 6 months, my son not so much. Then again, my daughter stopped napping at 2.5 y.o. and my son at 4 y.o. Now, if I could only get them to go to bed at night. /My fault, being a night owl myself/. May you not be blessed with one early bird and one night owl, or you may never sleep again. Good luck!
Posted By: DebbieG Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 07:07 PM
A beautiful study of Lois' (and Clark's) feelings about getting to experience something they never thought they would. I like how you explored the connections running from the beginning of their relationship to this point, and into the future.
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 09:25 PM
I really enjoyed this story. I think it captures how Lois would feel well.
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 09:42 PM
Another awesome post by DC.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 09:55 PM
What a sweet retrospective. You highlighted many of the reason we all fell in love with Clark.
Hi, Virginia! wave Thanks for the kind words. Glad to know my time away from ficcing hasn't made me rusty. smile

My daughter's were black, pupil and iris the same color. And, yes, we mothers note at first glance the good traits our children have inherited from each of us. Clark's eyes would definitely be the first thing Lois noticed.
My girls were both dark blue, almost grayish. Now they seem to be going brown. I'm still hoping one will get the green mutation from me. wink The first night in the hospital, Ashley furrowed her brow and it was like "OMG! She's all my husband!" And Kayla seems to favor my looks at the moment. (Pics of me at the same age looks like clones!)

Oh, look. He's also Lois's child.
clap laugh Thanks! We're averaging 4-7 hours from when we first put them to bed until the first wake up/feeding. Usually 3-4 hours for all the subsequent wake ups/feedings after that during the night. Not too shabby for 3 months old!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 10:08 PM
Originally posted by DebbieG:
A beautiful study of Lois' (and Clark's) feelings about getting to experience something they never thought they would. I like how you explored the connections running from the beginning of their relationship to this point, and into the future.
Thank you, Debbie. I liked tying things all together like that. smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 10:14 PM
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I really enjoyed this story. I think it captures how Lois would feel well.
Thank you, John! Glad to know it rang true for you. laugh
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/07/13 10:17 PM
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Another awesome post by DC.
blush Thanks for the high praise, Io! smile
Posted By: KenJ Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/08/13 03:27 PM
Vicki,

An awsome way to return to the boards!

What a beautiful story. It really showcases your talent.

I too hope that the little ones will allow you time to write.
Posted By: Ultra Lucille Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/08/13 04:47 PM
Wow. What an incredibly beautiful story! Lois's joy and wonder really leap out of the screen. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/08/13 08:22 PM
Originally posted by KenJ:
Vicki,

An awsome way to return to the boards!

What a beautiful story. It really showcases your talent.

I too hope that the little ones will allow you time to write.
Hi, Ken! wave Thanks so much for the kind praise. I really loved writing this piece - it really wasn't hard to picture how Lois would feel. I feel the same way about my girls. smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/08/13 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Ultra Lucille:
Wow. What an incredibly beautiful story! Lois's joy and wonder really leap out of the screen. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Thanks for reading, Ultra Lucille! Glad you enjoyed it. smile
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/09/13 12:08 AM
Entirely too beautiful and sweet! I'm sniffling here, just perfectly well done. The way Lois just wanted to watch Clark and their baby interact-- ugh. No other words for this, except excellent job! I can tell from your writing just how much motherhood has done for you-- I imagine this was fueled by a lot of your own emotions. So sweet!
Posted By: mrsMxyzptlk Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/09/13 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
We're averaging 4-7 hours from when we first put them to bed until the first wake up/feeding. Usually 3-4 hours for all the subsequent wake ups/feedings after that during the night. Not too shabby for 3 months old!
Wow. That's a good stretch of sleep. My son was still waking up wanting to eat every 2 hours like clockwork at that age. Then he took at least an hour to eat each time... I spent a lot of nights falling asleep in the rocker with him.

I really enjoyed this story. It's sweet to see all the emotions Lois is going through with the birth of her baby. I especially like her insights about seeing Clark as a new father. It was really touching.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/09/13 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Entirely too beautiful and sweet! I'm sniffling here, just perfectly well done. The way Lois just wanted to watch Clark and their baby interact-- ugh. No other words for this, except excellent job! I can tell from your writing just how much motherhood has done for you-- I imagine this was fueled by a lot of your own emotions. So sweet!
Thank you, Mouse! smile I'll admit that I got the idea for this story the night my girls were born. I couldn't get out of bed - C-section, so I wasn't allow to get up. So I just watched my husband with the girls at one point and had this thought that it could make for a sweet little vignette. Thanks for reading!

<hands over tissues for the sniffling>
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/09/13 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b]We're averaging 4-7 hours from when we first put them to bed until the first wake up/feeding. Usually 3-4 hours for all the subsequent wake ups/feedings after that during the night. Not too shabby for 3 months old!
Wow. That's a good stretch of sleep. My son was still waking up wanting to eat every 2 hours like clockwork at that age. Then he took at least an hour to eat each time... I spent a lot of nights falling asleep in the rocker with him.

I really enjoyed this story. It's sweet to see all the emotions Lois is going through with the birth of her baby. I especially like her insights about seeing Clark as a new father. It was really touching. [/b]
Thanks so much! Funny thing, right after posting this, we had a night where they were up every two hours like clockwork. We did get one night where they slept for 9 hours. It was awesome, but it also scared me when I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I hadn't heard a peep out of them for a long time. Of course, they woke up a minute after I had that thought...

Anyway, glad you enjoyed this! Thanks for reading!
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/10/13 09:39 PM
Beautiful story--absolutely loved it!

This is all I saw. This, and the happy tears welled within my husband's eyes; pride and pure love made tangible. And my heart actually broke with a love I hadn't known I was capable of. Not just for my son, but for his father. I've always loved Clark with such fierce intensity that I cannot put it into words, because mere words are laughably inadequate. But seeing him now, in this new light of fatherhood, brings that love to a level I could not have ever imagined.
I went back and read this paragraph multiple times--you could so easily from your description, FEEL how overpowering Lois' emotions are for her husband. Very touching blush ...

Family is Clark.

Family is our newborn son.

Family means miracles.
Amazing part, also. Very touching, very open, beautifully said...loved it!

And then Clark waltzed into my life. Saddled with him as an unwanted partner, I tried to hate him. Tried to pretend that I was better off without him. Tried to ignore the fact that he was the most decent and polite man I'd ever met. It was safer that way, I thought. Safer for me to remain hidden behind the defensive walls I'd built around myself. Safer for my heart, if I didn't allow him access to it.

But, slowly, he broke down those walls, slunk in through the cracks and pulled the stones apart, one by one, before I could even realize what was happening. He became my friend, my best friend, my love. And each development, each new day, was a new miracle. Soon, we were married and enjoying our new life together, now as husband and wife. And I thought nothing could make me happier.
Great overview of their history, written so well...I loved watching Clark slowly, but ever so surely, inch into Lois' heart. You really captured that happening. Liked the line about how Clark 'pulled the stones apart' btw...

When I told him this - that he was going to be a father - it was the first time I'd ever seen him cry. Tears of the purest joy sprang into his eyes as his face erupted into a smile so vast, so bright, it made the sun look dark in comparison. And he hugged me, so securely and tightly and gently, all the while laughing and kissing me. I could almost imagine that I could feel his excitement actually reverberating through his entire body. Such joy came from him, such love. I've never before seen a happier man.
Loved!!! Exactly why Clark is so lovable--the way he loves Lois, so completely and all-encompassing--is what has always really touched me about his character. smile

A son born out of the purest, fiercest, truest love imaginable.
Beautiful sentence...

GREAT--your story was such a pleasure to read! Any story--any length--can't wait to read it clap ....

Laura smile
Posted By: chelo Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/11/13 07:42 AM
Oh, that was SO beautiful!! You perfectly described Clark's feelings, thoughts and emotions... and you make us fall in love with him.... again
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/11/13 12:16 PM
Beautiful story--absolutely loved it!
Ah, thanks. smile

went back and read this paragraph multiple times--you could so easily from your description, FEEL how overpowering Lois' emotions are for her husband. Very touching [Embarrassed] ...
Thank you, I tried. blush

Loved!!! Exactly why Clark is so lovable--the way he loves Lois, so completely and all-encompassing--is what has always really touched me about his character.
Me too. He's just so loveable.

GREAT--your story was such a pleasure to read! Any story--any length--can't wait to read it [Clap] ....
laugh Thank you! Who knows? I have some random odds and ends on my hard drive. Maybe I'll even get to work on them at some point.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/11/13 12:19 PM
Originally posted by chelo:
Oh, that was SO beautiful!! You perfectly described Clark's feelings, thoughts and emotions... and you make us fall in love with him.... again
blush Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for reading. smile
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/11/13 12:27 PM
Thank you! Who knows? I have some random odds and ends on my hard drive. Maybe I'll even get to work on them at some point.
Odds and ends sound great to me! Go for it (please?!?) clap

Laura
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/11/13 10:05 PM
Originally posted by LMA:
Thank you! Who knows? I have some random odds and ends on my hard drive. Maybe I'll even get to work on them at some point.
Odds and ends sound great to me! Go for it (please?!?) clap

Laura
Definitely trying to! Now if only my girls would cooperate with that. wink
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/12/13 09:44 AM
Keep writing, DC. The story brought back memories for me. I wish I'd had an outlet like this when my kids were young. Lois' feelings were very real and brought back memories. Our 50 year old daughter flew home here to visit us and her old friends in town for the holidays and the memories resurfaced.
It's a long road, especially with twins, but a rewarding one.
Merry Christmas
Artemis
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/12/13 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Artemis:
Keep writing, DC. The story brought back memories for me. I wish I'd had an outlet like this when my kids were young. Lois' feelings were very real and brought back memories. Our 50 year old daughter flew home here to visit us and her old friends in town for the holidays and the memories resurfaced.
It's a long road, especially with twins, but a rewarding one.
Merry Christmas
Artemis
Thanks, Artemis! It's definitely hard to carve out time for writing right now. But I'm trying.

Glad I could bring back some good memories. Merry Christmas to you too! smile
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/15/13 07:18 AM
Hi Vicki! [Linked Image]

The most wondrous and magical night I've ever had.

The first night of our new life.

The night our child was born.
Awww… /gets a motive/

Safer for me to remain hidden behind the defensive walls I'd built around myself. Safer for my heart, if I didn't allow him access to it.
And then she taught him how to lock-pick.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

From the first moments, Clark was the most involved father I've ever come across.
Hovering daddy?

Welcome to the world, and happy birthday.

The End.
Glad you got your happily ever after wave Michael
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/15/13 11:04 PM
Hi Vicki!
Hi, Michael! hyper

And then she taught him how to lock-pick.
rotflol

Hovering daddy?
Literally!

Glad you got your happily ever after [Clap] And also that you’re back to writing!
Thank you! It's great to be writing again, even if only every couple of nights or so.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/16/13 01:49 PM
Thank you! It's great to be writing again, even if only every couple of nights or so.
blush More time than I get to spend on own stories, so… wave Michael
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/16/13 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
blush More time than I get to spend on own stories, so… wave Michael
laugh Sure does put a damper on writing huge stories though! (Glad I got Broken done before the girls arrived - eek )
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/22/13 07:44 AM
Sure does put a damper on writing huge stories though! (Glad I got Broken done before the girls arrived - [Eek!] )
Oh dear. Umm… I think that one’s still on my to-read list blush

wave Michael
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/22/13 01:58 PM
Sure does put a damper on writing huge stories though! (Glad I got Broken done before the girls arrived - [Eek!] )
Oh dear. Umm… I think that one’s still on my to-read list blush

wave Michael
laugh No problem. Something for those long winter nights when the White Walkers make it too dicey to wander out. wink
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/23/13 06:57 AM
Oh dear. [Linked Image] Three horn blasts! [Linked Image] Michael
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Miracle (1/1) - 12/23/13 11:11 AM
Oh dear. [Linked Image] Three horn blasts! [Linked Image] Michael
rotflol
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards