Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: HappyGirl FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/17/13 02:58 PM
Well, the working title was "Untwist," but that sort of gives it away right up front. Many thanks to Bob for a quick and helpful beta job. He tells I'm begging the question of what comes next. devil
Posted By: KenJ Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/17/13 03:29 PM
HappyGirl,

Very cute twist.

Bob is right, what comes next? confused confused
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/17/13 05:21 PM
clap
Posted By: KateB Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/17/13 06:08 PM
What comes next?
Great little story, please continue. grovel
Posted By: Mari-El Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/17/13 06:49 PM
What a cute beginning! And I say "beginning" because this certainly needs to be continued. smile
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/18/13 03:33 AM
Sure, no one will recognize him! Thanks for the early morning smile! smile1
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/18/13 07:13 AM
Thanks, everyone. I guess I will have to continue this, huh? I have some ideas. peep
Posted By: Christina Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/18/13 11:42 AM
Absolutely, HappyGirl! This story calls out for a continuation. I have so many questions!

1) Did Lois believe that he HAD rescued the man in the hole after all and just keep it to herself?

2) Did Lois just recognize her soulmate (although their soul-pairing always consisted of a secret identity)?

3) Did Lois wonder just how Clark could do that?

4) Will she question him as much as she can instead of being flabbergasted by the suit?

4) Will Clark go with one of Martha's other (previously discarded) alternatives?

...and more!
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/18/13 07:59 PM
Well, I guess the disguise did not work, at least not on Lois.

I would be interested to see how it would go from here. Would Lois expose Clark or work with him to develop a secret identity?
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/18/13 08:02 PM
Well, since Lois is probably one of few people who have seen Clark in only a towel, I woul think he would be best off thinking "Lois discovered this, but that does not mean others will".

Another possibility besides those mentioned by Christinia is that Lois realized that explosions do not make you fly/there was no missing link in the chain.
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/18/13 08:20 PM
Clark should think at super-speed and say, "Who? Young woman, I believe you have confused me with someone else. Perhaps your secret crush?"

But then, I like to twist the untwists in different directions.
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/23/13 06:45 PM
Oh, Terry, if only Clark really could think as fast as he does other things. Unfortunately, we know from cannon that isn't his strong suit. He's more of the half smile and ambiguous shrug kind of guy. laugh

I agree, John, just because Lois recognized him doesn't mean anyone else will--necessarily. smile
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/23/13 08:53 PM
The danger averted, the invulnerable man and the intrepid reporter faced each other for the first time. Slack-jawed, Lois stared at the hero in silence for half a minute. Then, incredulous, she blurted out, “Clark? What in hell are you doing here?”
Love it. Very cute story. I'd like to see more. This could be a twist on the alt universe in cannon since everyone recognized Clark in the suit in that universe.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: A Sharp Left Turn - 01/25/13 09:17 PM
rotflol How fun! I thought Clark was going to use one of the earlier costumes Martha made. But this was better. smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards