Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: YellowDartVader Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/09/04 08:00 PM
I absolutely love these Martha and Lara stories!! Every one of them so far has had me LOLing! You have a wonderful way of writing hillarious, but almost realistic stories!

Keep them coming!

- Laura smile
Posted By: Julie S Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/09/04 09:23 PM
LOL I'm with Laura, I love this series. You know, though, that eventually you are going to have to compile a list of them in order, when you archive them (you'll do that, right?).

I was cracking up about the "it's just daddy" part, but the comet also threw me off. It's pretty rare to see a comet. And I'm guessing those 4-5 year old half Kryptonians didn't have any superpowers yet. In any case, good job!

Julie
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/10/04 12:42 AM
Mary

Another great Martha and Lara story! smile1
I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Pennyfeather Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/10/04 04:01 AM
LOL, really funny and cute! clap
I love these girls. laugh

Ines smile
Posted By: Bumpkin Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/10/04 05:00 AM
Mary, Brava, another feather in your cap smile I love your little slices of life here.. can't wait to see what else you will gift us with and don't worry about how far out of chronilogical order they are.. with the way that you write it doesn't really matter in the end where in the twins life you drop us.. I am sure that the hilarity would ensue smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/10/04 05:28 AM
Another very very funny story! I particularly liked the "no, it's just Daddy" line goofy

(And the only rules I'd make about posting out of chronological order is that you have to make it fairly clear, early on, where/when we are -- and that you don't have any glaring inconsistencies. So you're doing great in my book! thumbsup )

You *are* going to archive this, right? Otherwise you'll mess up all those people virtuously adding it to their Kerths list under "Best Comedy." You wouldn't want to do that, would you? wink

PJ
Posted By: YConnell Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/10/04 05:44 AM
LOL!! That was fun. smile ) I love their joint last line - "If you don't know something, just say so". So worldly-wise, as only kids can be, yet so, so wrong. laugh

Yvonne
Posted By: Hazel Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/10/04 05:51 AM
“Hey, is that it?”

“Where?”

Martha pointed. “There!”

“No, that’s just Daddy.”

“Oh.”
goofy

And I'm with Pam - there's no need for chronological order, as long as we're clear on the setting for the story.

Keep these coming!

Hazel
Posted By: KathyB Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/10/04 11:12 AM
LOL, very cute. Like the others, I don't mind whether they stay in continuity order; just let us know when it takes place and I'm happy to just enjoy. These are fun, Mary. smile

Kathy
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/10/04 01:30 PM
What everyone said! thumbsup I'm totally hooked to this series! It's fantastic and very rotflol rotflol

This was excellent. I just love Clark's 'explanations'! ROTFLOL! rotflol

Keep them coming, whatever order.
See ya soon.
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/10/04 04:20 PM
Sharp, clever, well-written, and funny as all get out.

I love these girls and this universe.

So nicely done.

CC
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/11/04 09:35 AM
hyper
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/11/04 09:45 AM
blush Thankyou, everybody, for your kind words! I just sent it to the archive, and yes, I will write a list-thingy once enough of the stories accumulate.

------------------------------------------

EDIT: The list is (so far) as follows:

1. Mysteries of Life (6 yrs)
2. Louisa and Mark (15 yrs)
3. The Big Debut (16 yrs)
4. Now THAT'S What I Call Art! (16 yrs)

Okey-Dokey! Now that THAT'S taken care of, I can get back to writing! laugh
Posted By: merry Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/15/04 10:45 AM
very well done Mary
sorry I'm so far behind
merry
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 02/22/04 06:29 PM
Hi,

Great story. smile1
Posted By: Annalina19 Re: Comments: Mysteries of Life - 04/18/09 03:36 AM
It's the first Martha & Lara's story I read, it is very funny !
I love the reaction of Clark to explain the babies ! Too funny !!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards