Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Hazel FDK: Just One Bad Day Away, part 6 - 02/09/04 02:27 AM
Michael, this was amazing. I think I'm in love with your Lois and Clark. laugh

Lois was so utterly perfect. Clark was hilariously clueless. I love how that single glimpse of Lois when they were in college had the same effect (if not more!) than his first kiss with Lana had, even if he didn't understand that. And that confrontation in the newsroom...! I'm not sure what was better -- the way she tried to cut him down, the way he cut her off, or the way she grudgingly cut him slack. laugh Either way, the whole thing was wonderful!

And some very nice parallels to what we know of Clark's life with Lois' conversation with Ben. Maybe we FoLCs would prefer to have Lois come to that realization on her own, but you've made it clear that she's already wondered about Superman's downtime and methods with dealing with tragedy before.

The one advantage of a super-Superman (i.e. Silver Age style) is that it makes Clark's humanity so much more poignant and real. It seems we're beginning to get an idea of what the "one bad day" of your title might be, so let's have MORE!

Hazel
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Just One Bad Day Away, part 6 - 02/09/04 02:21 PM
Hi,

Great part. smile1
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Just One Bad Day Away, part 6 - 02/09/04 03:07 PM
Michael, great atart. I am looking forward to more. Laura
Posted By: ChaaBreh Re: FDK: Just One Bad Day Away, part 6 - 02/09/04 03:57 PM
Yep....she's wondering where he goes when he's not Superman....here it comes....."does he have a secret identity?"....

Love the wink she gave him after she chewed him out.

Now if I remember correctly, Lana Lang is a newscaster for WGBS....

You have me hooked.... dance
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Just One Bad Day Away, part 6 - 02/09/04 06:50 PM
Michael, excellant instalment.

What Hazel said.

I really like your Lois. She embodies so much of what makes Lois so special. She has strength and a no nonsense attitude toward her life and her job, but you also let us see that she cares. That's something that is often overlooked.

This is a fun amalgam of a silver age Superman with a more current Lois. This is going to be a fun ride.

Tank (who thinks that Supes had best worry now that Lois is on the scent)
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Just One Bad Day Away, part 6 - 02/10/04 12:35 AM
Michael

An excellent part! smile1
Please post more soon.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Ingra Re: FDK: Just One Bad Day Away, part 6 - 02/10/04 11:33 AM
Michael, I love this Clark and I love this Lois thumbsup .

Ingra
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: FDK: Just One Bad Day Away, part 6 - 02/10/04 04:55 PM
Michael,

I'm slowly catching up, but didn't want such wonderful writing to go uncommented on.

You have a real gift with characterization.

Like everyone else, I love your Lois.

Can't wait to see what's in store!

CC
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards