Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Lynn S. M. FDK: The July 4th Costume Party (1/1) - 07/15/12 03:02 PM
Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Did I mention that in this case, the "G" rating stands for "groaner"?

edit: I'm not sure whether the punch line will make any sense to those outside of the United States. If it doesn't, you are missing a piece of the puzzle: The Indianapolis 500 (often abbreviated as the "Indy 500") is a car race famous throughout the US. I don't know how well-known it is in other countries. (I am not at all into racing; I don't even know whether it is a national or an international event.)

As always, all comments welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn
Ralph replied, "I am in costume. Don't you get it? I'm displaying our Indy pendants!"
*groan*
Did I mention that in this case, the "G" rating stands for "groaner"?
wave Michael
Ouch.

That hurt.

Only you, Ralph, only you.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: The July 4th Costume Party (1/1) - 07/15/12 06:27 PM
Oy!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: The July 4th Costume Party (1/1) - 07/15/12 06:43 PM
Groaner indeed!
Posted By: KateB Re: FDK: The July 4th Costume Party (1/1) - 07/15/12 06:57 PM
rotflol
I'm totally laughing despite the groaning that I also did. What fun!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: The July 4th Costume Party (1/1) - 07/15/12 10:10 PM
<<groan>>

You called it. I groaned. clap Funny though. Good job!
Posted By: KenJ Re: FDK: The July 4th Costume Party (1/1) - 07/16/12 04:12 AM
Groaner indeed.

Mercifully short.

Ralph can be a bit trying at times.

If I'm not mistaken the Indy is held on Memorial day weekend and is open to all comers.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: The July 4th Costume Party (1/1) - 07/16/12 05:43 AM
Thank you, one and all, for the groaning feedback.

As I mentioned in the original challenge thread, since this is more joke than fanfic, I am not really claiming the relevant prompt.

Joy,
Lynn
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

The punning, it burns...
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: The July 4th Costume Party (1/1) - 07/24/12 12:47 AM
I wonder what the advertisers thought of his costume? clap
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: The July 4th Costume Party (1/1) - 07/24/12 05:16 AM
<Hands Marcus some aloe>

Virginia, I suspect that Ralph is going to be given a dressing down. I've always wondered why he managed to keep his job; he certainly is not of the calibre of the rest of the Planet staff.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Virginia, welcome back from vacation.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards