Posted By: daneel FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 01:23 PM
Lol!

Cute story Yvonne smile

Jose smile1
Posted By: Elena Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 01:43 PM
smile1
That was good, Yvonne!

I see that Mary Sue is an altruist, after all smile

Now, I'm wondering what finally happened. (How about a TOGOM re-write? wink )

See ya. Keep writing.
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 03:29 PM
Part 2 was every bit as funny as Part 1. I have too many "favorite parts" to quote, but the part that caused me to laugh out loud (literally), was when Mary Sue realized why her coffee was still hot. rotflol

Thanks for this story, it was a lot of fun to read!

- Vicki
Posted By: Bumpkin Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 03:30 PM
Yvonne,

I read parts one and two in one fell swoop and was giggling my butt off near the entire time! I could not possibly pick out areas to highlight and quote as favorites, because if I did, I wuold be lifting nearly the entire fic minus a few words here and there. thumbsup

Fantastic job! I would love for this Mary Sue to meet Lois too... what would go thru her mind about that... the guilt about wanting Lois' man to ravish her, the respect for a fellow strong woman, yet still having more guilt because she couldn't help but want Clark to ravish her.... laugh
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 04:33 PM
Darn that Vicki! She got here before me and named my favorite part again.

Oh.

My.

God.

Clark Kent just heated up my coffee with his vision thingy.

Cool. Be cool. Lois-cool.
So hilarious, it killed me.

But here too,

Okay, so if he hadn’t just used a touch of superspeed to go up to his apartment and back, then I was a banana.
I can't say well enough how much I liked this story! Wonderful and so fun.

CC
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 05:11 PM
Hi,

Cute piece. thumbsup

MAF hyper
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 06:26 PM
This was so great!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stop giggling now and my husband is looking at me like :rolleyes: "oh boy, NOW what?"

One of my favorite parts..
Very reluctantly, I closed the door (“why didn’t you invite him here for dinner next week?” it asked), and collapsed onto my sofa (“where, oh, where did that nice young man go?”) clutching one of the cushions (“you could be hugging him instead of me if you’d handled that better”).
Great stuff Mary..erm..Yvonne!

~Liz
Posted By: lynnm Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 06:58 PM
Bravo, Yvonne! Bravo!! clap

What a perfect follow up to Part 1 - this was every bit as fun and had a perfectly satisfying ending despite the fact that we never got any ravishing <g>.

Although, I'm absolutely devastated by the fact taht there is no more TOGOM and my very first fanfic has disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Any time you need to take a break from angst, please please please give us some more like these.

Lynn
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 07:23 PM
ROFL! There are Mary Sues, and there are stories like this one. Absolutely hilarious. And I can see poor Clark being so confused. And the inanimate objects talking! Now, I just have one question....

Need a roommate? wink
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 09:16 PM
rotflol
Great story.

“Okay.” I drew in a long, deep breath, looked him straight in the eye, and told him the stupidest-sounding thing I’d ever uttered to another intelligent being. “Don’t ever let your prospective girlfriend think you’re dead when you’re not really dead. You might think you got away with it at the time, but believe me, there’s a huge body of carefully researched data out there that says it’s generally not a good idea. In fact, it’s almost certain to put your relationship back months, if not wreck it completely.”
rotflol
JD
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 11:09 PM
FANFIC READER DIES LAUGHING!

FILM AT ELEVEN
Posted By: RetroRose Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/17/04 11:59 PM
Incredible Yvonne!!!! clap DITTO!!!!

S (who is still giggling about this story!!! laugh )
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/18/04 12:04 AM
Yvonne,

I just read both parts at once and spent the entire time snickering at my computer screen.

*This* from the woman who thought "angst-free" meant writing a vignette about Clark after Lois has died?

You are utterly condemned, Yvonne. We are going to expect real comedy from you from now on. We will haunt you and hound you and get ready to applaud the next time you come up with an utterly hilarious gem like this one!

Hazel, who wants to know what Wendy is going to do now that half her fics are gone goofy
Posted By: Pennyfeather Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/18/04 01:30 AM
Yvonne,

this was great! smile1
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/18/04 06:19 AM
Elena said:
But...but...we lost "Tempus Fugitive" and "Tempus, Anyone?" and "Meet John Doe" and "Lois and Clarks"!!
Elena!!! Is that all you can think of?! eek

Seriously, El, there are far more important things to worry about! Such as this: help

/me sobs as she sees half her completed works disappear into oblivion...

Seriously, Yvonne, as you already know, this is sheer hilarity! What an ingenious premise, and as for the execution... I could barely stop laughing long enough to BR it! goofy And since Clark clearly did actually take Mary Sue's advice, just what has happened to their relationship?

Ooh! Just had a thought! Does this mean that Yvonne has to write her first-ever TOGOM adaptation, after swearing for so long that she never would? goofy

You better be writing, my friend! 8=8<8=8<8=8<8=8<

Wendy smile
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/18/04 06:22 AM
Whew!!!!!!!!! eek You didn't get rid of BaTP/THoL. I can only sympathise with Wendy and El for the loss of their favourite episodes, but hey, as long as Lex was around and did his nasty job, it's all good. evil

Now I can safely tuck this story away in my Best Comedy 2005 folder. notworthy

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Tarkas Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/18/04 06:30 AM
I don't think Yvonne realises what she's let herself in for... help laugh

Now, who could that be...? dizzy

Get writing, Yvonne! You have two-and-a-half seasons of episodes to re-write! And any resemblance of any episode to the Argh is grounds for wildguy wildguy wildguy !

Be grateful that we let you off doing S5 and S6 as well...

Phil, who enjoyed this story, but who would really like a sequel or two(-and-a-half-seasons' worth!)
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/18/04 07:49 AM
As someone who has had a more than a few of his fics wiped out by this delightful little fic also, I guess I have to be big about it and admit that I enjoyed it anyway.

All this talk of sequels? Actually, what Yvonne has done is create a nice little universe which can be visited from time to time so the gentle readers can get a peek at what happens to our favorite duo as their lives continue from this new divergent timeline.

Of course, just because all the episodes from TOGoM on have been wiped out, it doesn't mean that the reasons for it are necessarily of the 'happy ever after variety'. Lois still might have taken exception to Clark's deceptions and decided that she has to time for such a lying scumbucket. So, actually, the way might just be opened for Mary Sue and those ravishing thoughts.

Tank (who still volunteers to guest star in any sequel and graciously allow himself to be ravished by Lois)
Posted By: gerry Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/18/04 09:34 AM
Phew! My laughing hands have calmed down and now I can give feedback.

The premise and the execution were fabulous. I loved Mary Sue and all her reactions to Clark Kent (popular twentieth century icon). Her thoughts intermingled with the actual quotations kept me wondering as I was reading.

Wendy wrote:
Ooh! Just had a thought! Does this mean that Yvonne has to write her first-ever TOGOM adaptation, after swearing for so long that she never would?
I just thought that this was a TOGOM rewrite---one of the best ever. smile

Thanks for an enjoyable read and I vote for Mary Sue meeting Lois. I think that they would hit it off--well....

gerry
Posted By: Meredith Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/18/04 12:44 PM
Brilliant, Yvonne!!!! goofy

Count me in for wanting to see the sequels - all 60 of them. evil

Mere
Posted By: merry Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/18/04 03:08 PM
Yvonne,
cute story
very funny
merry
Posted By: BarbP Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/18/04 03:30 PM
Yvonne,

Loved it all!!!!

I'm moving to an apartment!!!

Barb.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/19/04 12:12 PM
ROFL

There's not much left to say, except that this is hilarious -- and El, you have to look on the bright side! Tempus is still out there being evil, and H.G. Wells is still clueless.... there will still be *a* version of Tempus Fugit. It'll just be a little different, that's all. laugh

Although it is a shame to lose that "hello, duh!" scene, which is utterly hilarious. However, Yvonne's given us this TOGOM rewrite ( <eg> ) that's just as hilarious, so I suppose we could consider it a fair trade. wink

But, Yvonne, if you'd care to write the revised version of TF, I'm sure that'd be okay with us goofy

PJ
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/19/04 01:02 PM
Joining a bit lit here, but it was utterly hilarious, Yvonne. I'm glad was home when I read it this time. <g> rotflol

And I wouldn't mind a sequel, if it's as histarical as this one!

Well done!

Saskia
Posted By: YConnell Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/19/04 02:26 PM
Sequel?

Sequel??

Sequel???

SEQUEL????

but...but...ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Yvonne
(who will say more when she's recovered her composure)
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 01/30/04 02:31 AM
Yvonne

I'm sorry I'm so late commenting.
What a great idea! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Pennyfeather Re: FDK-The Ultimate Mary Sue (2/2) - 02/20/04 01:21 AM
Well, I just *have* to do a little nagging and ask this, since I enjoyed the story so much:

*Is* there any chance for a sequel?? Please? smile1

Ines smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards