Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/26/11 01:14 PM
Utter fluff piece but it was fun to write.
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/26/11 03:56 PM
Aw - that was sweet. Love the details about Clark's childhood and seeing Lois work through her feelings.

Joan
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/26/11 04:01 PM
Thanks Joan! smile
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/26/11 06:38 PM
Very cute. Love the ending.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/26/11 06:58 PM
Thanks Jackiek! smile
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/26/11 07:52 PM
That was really adorable. Good job! Laura
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/26/11 08:43 PM
Thanks Laura! thumbsup
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/27/11 02:08 PM
I really do like this story. It's nice to see this in-between bit about coming to terms with the new knowledge. And I always love getting to see Clark so delighted about finally getting to unburden himself and confide in someone.

Very nice!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/27/11 07:56 PM
Thank you AK! I just came in from reading your new chapter on fanfiction.net. You're right - Clark is sooooooo much more fun when he gets to share his secret. smile
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/27/11 09:52 PM
Very nice. I liked her dream where Clark was whipping his glasses on and off. Shades of Tempus and the "galactically stupid" scene. smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/27/11 10:29 PM
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Very nice. I liked her dream where Clark was whipping his glasses on and off. Shades of Tempus and the "galactically stupid" scene. smile
But of course! Tempus is awesome!!! Maybe Lois' subconscious remembered some of their first run in with the world's most awesome time traveling villian? thumbsup
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/27/11 10:34 PM
I have to agree with you. Tempus is a great villain.

Duh! It's obvious! laugh
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 05/27/11 10:38 PM
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
I have to agree with you. Tempus is a great villain.

Duh! It's obvious! laugh
But you have to admit, John Doe is a darn nice guy. :p
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 07/29/11 10:40 PM
I just read this on the Archive. This was really sweet. Lois working through her feelings. Clark telling her everything. I loved this line:

I am going to give you the interview every reporter in the world would give their press badge for. I am going to answer any, and all, questions you have. About Clark, about Superman. No topic is off limits.
I could see Lois melting at this line. Every reporter's dream. Interview Superman; no question off limits. But then it's also Clark, her best friend.

And then he followed through. He answered every question she asked. I liked that. The honesty. The truth after all the lies. It was just what Lois needed.

But this line I could see making that particular Lois nervous:
I had an image in my head of you and me. Sitting in our living room. Our daughter on my knee as I read her a story. Our son out shooting hoops in the driveway. Our two year old sound asleep in her bedroom. You pregnant with our next child. I thought of Sundays spent at the zoo with our family. Going to school plays and graduations. Bedtime stories.
How many kids was that exactly, Clark? Four! Yes, I could see the idea that he wanted at least 4 kids make Lois run for the hills. laugh I'm glad she didn't.

Very sweet. Very romantic, though no kisses. Enjoyable. smile1
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 07/29/11 10:51 PM
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I just read this on the Archive. This was really sweet. Lois working through her feelings. Clark telling her everything. I loved this line:

I am going to give you the interview every reporter in the world would give their press badge for. I am going to answer any, and all, questions you have. About Clark, about Superman. No topic is off limits.
I could see Lois melting at this line. Every reporter's dream. Interview Superman; no question off limits. But then it's also Clark, her best friend.

And then he followed through. He answered every question she asked. I liked that. The honesty. The truth after all the lies. It was just what Lois needed.

But this line I could see making that particular Lois nervous:
I had an image in my head of you and me. Sitting in our living room. Our daughter on my knee as I read her a story. Our son out shooting hoops in the driveway. Our two year old sound asleep in her bedroom. You pregnant with our next child. I thought of Sundays spent at the zoo with our family. Going to school plays and graduations. Bedtime stories.
How many kids was that exactly, Clark? Four! Yes, I could see the idea that he wanted at least 4 kids make Lois run for the hills. laugh I'm glad she didn't.

Very sweet. Very romantic, though no kisses. Enjoyable. smile1
Thanks Virginia! I figured Clark would want a big family. And I kinda just couldn't help but to write that little piece in. I tried leaving it out (because of course it would make Lois nervous) but my muse started to beat me up and made me use it. laugh

No kisses only because Lois wouldn't be handing out to kisses to Clark while she worked through her feelings about him hiding the truth from her.

Glad you enjoyed!
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 07/30/11 12:33 AM
Deadly Chakram wrote: Thanks Virginia! I figured Clark would want a big family. And I kinda just couldn't help but to write that little piece in. I tried leaving it out (because of course it would make Lois nervous) but my muse started to beat me up and made me use it. laugh

No kisses only because Lois wouldn't be handing out to kisses to Clark while she worked through her feelings about him hiding the truth from her.

Glad you enjoyed!
My muse does that to me sometimes too. laugh I find it fun to let my characters (as my characters are my muse) have free rein and see where they go. Sometimes, I have to steer them in the right direction. Sometimes, they steer me in a direction I never thought of going before. It's an interesting and fun 'process' (although 'process' seems almost too artificial a term to use).

And I realized that about the kisses. But I always love to see L&C kiss and make up. love
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: I'll Keep Your Secrets - 07/30/11 10:57 AM
My muse does that to me sometimes too. I find it fun to let my characters (as my characters are my muse) have free rein and see where they go. Sometimes, I have to steer them in the right direction. Sometimes, they steer me in a direction I never thought of going before. It's an interesting and fun 'process' (although 'process' seems almost too artificial a term to use).
Muses can be quite the little abusers, huh? Mine is currently snapping her whip at me to write another story already, even though I'm still editing the later chapters of Clarkus Maximus.

And I realized that about the kisses. But I always love to see L&C kiss and make up.
So true. love Kisses are always good. love
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards