Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: Heartache & Joy - 05/24/11 09:55 PM
I just felt the need to hack into the characters' heads a little and throw in a little extra. I've always thought it was a little weak that Lois didn't pursue trying to tell Clark how she felt about him after he fell asleep on the drive home.

This was my first fanfic after at least a 6 year hiatus for me, so I feel like it's a little rusty in places. Also, I'm still not 100% happy with the title.
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: Heartache & Joy - 05/25/11 07:23 AM
Nice story. There was a lot of deeper emotional ground that the episode didn't have a chance to cover.

I liked this part about Clark only being Superman:

Sure I could still see Lois and Jimmy and Perry. But it just wouldn't be the same. Superman doesn't get to shoot hoops with Jimmy after work. Perry doesn't ramble on with obscure Elvis stories when he's talking to Superman. And Lois...Superman doesn't get to talk to her the way Clark does, doesn't get to listen to Lois ramble on to the most random tangents and secretly love it."
He knows Superman isn't treated the same as Clark is.

Joan
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Heartache & Joy - 05/25/11 11:45 AM
Thanks Joan. I was a little inspired with those lines by some of the things that Clark actually did say to his parents that night in Kansas. I just wanted to put a little bit of a spin on it.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Heartache & Joy - 05/25/11 08:42 PM
Nice twist on the old story. Laura
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Heartache & Joy - 05/25/11 08:54 PM
Thank you Laura!
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Heartache & Joy - 05/25/11 09:35 PM
I've always thought it was a little weak that Lois didn't pursue trying to tell Clark how she felt about him after he fell asleep on the drive home.
Good point! I always thought that it was the first time Lois actually came out and admitted it, so she was very nervous and shy about doing so. And then, when she discovered that Clark was asleep for her big confession, she was too nervous and embarrassed to do it all over again.

But that's the great thing about fanfic - we can reinterpret things anew!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Heartache & Joy - 05/25/11 11:21 PM
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:

But that's the great thing about fanfic - we can reinterpret things anew! [/QB]
Yep! smile Fanfic is awesome like that!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards