Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Tank COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/14/03 07:48 PM
Okay, were you able to guess whose birthday it is? (I'll give you a hint; he's in the story)

This is just one way of thanking the gentle readers for all the support and encouragement they've given this old man over the years.

I know you would have perferred cash, but take what you can get.

Tank (who is psychologically 22, physically 82, and thus chronologically... you do the math)
clap
Posted By: RL Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/14/03 08:24 PM
It's Jimmy's birthday? Wow, guess you had a change of heart. smile

And Lois with long hair...Wow again!

Uh...then again.

Happy birthday, Tank!
Posted By: KathyB Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/14/03 08:47 PM
Happy Birthday, Tank!

Oh, god, I am laughing so hard right now. I knew it had to be a nightmare (for Lois, I mean, not for you ... the other part is a given wink ) but I wasn't expecting the "twist" at the end. So, so funny.

How many drinks did you have to have before you could write this stuff? You must have been twitching the whole time, LOL!

Hope you have a good one,

Kathy
Posted By: AnnieM Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/14/03 08:53 PM
Oh my god, I would have loved to see you write this. The whole time I was reading I just kept laughing harder and harder. When Lois left the room I was sure something in was going to explode and kill Jimmy and the kids. The twist at the end was a perfect cap to a hysterical story. Quite a nightmare indeed. Well done, and happy birthday! smile

Annie
Posted By: rivka Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 12:02 AM
What Annie said! I was sure something was going to explode at any moment, killing the kids and Jimmy, and singeing Lois' hair.

This ending was much less violent. goofy

Happy birthday, Tank!
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 01:24 AM
LOL! Loved the kids' names wink And with that ending, it has to be a birthday present for yourself <g>

Happy Birthday! party

PJ
Happy Happy Birthday, Tank!

Sherry
Posted By: TriciaW Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 02:22 AM
Tank

ROTFL!!! Just hilarious! [Linked Image]
I couldn't stop laughing while reading this. smile1

Happy birthday, Tank! [Linked Image]

Tricia cool
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 03:42 AM
Happy Birthday, Tank.

These boards are lucky to have you, and what's make-believe for if it can't send a short-haired Lois Lane to your home state?

Loved how you built this- layer upon layer, all the while I'm alternately chuckling and cringing because I *know* there's a wham up ahead. Very effective and very fun.

CC
Posted By: gerry Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 05:44 AM
dance

gerry
Posted By: BarbP Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 05:50 AM
Happy Birthday Tank,

So, you're part of my generation! And Michigan's winters are close to those of Minnesota. No wonder I like your writing -- They come from a cold, old writer like me.

Thanks for all of your stories. They usually make my day, just as this one did.

Again, happy birthday.

Barb.
Posted By: stopquitdont Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 05:52 AM
rotflol rotflol rotflol
Happy Birthday, Tank! party party
Posted By: Joy Moony Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 06:33 AM
this was a hoot!
Thanks, and happy birthday.
Posted By: Karen Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 06:43 AM
LOL! That's a new twist, writing yourself a birthday story. wink I was worried when Lois had long hair, and Jimmy was alive, but I thought you were just being nice because of someone's birthday. But then you turned it around nicely.

Happy Birthday, Tank!
Posted By: daneel Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 06:49 AM
LOL!!! wave
Posted By: Hazel Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 07:20 AM
goofy Didn't know that was anti-Tank, but what the hey! laugh

What a wonderful birthday present for yourself, Tank! Thanks for sharing. smile

Hazel, still giggling at the kids' names
Posted By: Wendymr Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 08:17 AM
Oh...My...God... eek

I kept thinking 'I'm dreaming! Tank isn't really writing this!' help Or maybe even George from Yvonne's story. goofy

And then the twist... Hah! Very funny! But I liked it. wink

Happy birthday!!!!

Wendy smile
Posted By: LoisLane Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 08:36 AM
It's your birthday, Tank? eek You have birthdays?

Well... we can't let that go by unnoticed. And so if you go here and paste this code: 510-4102193-1203 into the box marked 'pick up a greetings card' you might find something you like. wink Or not. Who knows?

As for the story... Well, you have a very vivid imagination! Clark and I were... well, intrigued is probably a very good word. smile

Hope you have a nice birthday!

[Linked Image]

Lois smile
Posted By: Kaethel Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 09:56 AM
goofy
Posted By: MissyG Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 10:37 AM
ROTFL!!!!!

I hope you and Lois will be celebrating in style tonight!!!

Happy birthday, Tank!!! party

Missy
Posted By: Saskia Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 10:43 AM
rotflol Too funny!

Even when I read this *very* early today I knew something was wrong. It started with Lois's long hair... then kids and Jimmy alive and well... eek I had to scroll up to check if it really had you're name there, Tank. But then the end came and it was very interesting. Should have expected it. wink

Happy birthday, Tank!

Saskia
Hi,

You are Bad! smile1
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 12:23 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANK!

party party

~Liz
Posted By: KathyM Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 01:03 PM
All right, Tank. goofy

But I was surprised - and even a bit disappointed - that you didn't blow Jimmy up. That would have been an extra nice birthday present, wouldn't it?

Happy birthday, Tank!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Kathy
Posted By: lynnm Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 02:39 PM
Happy Birthday, Tank!

What a great story to celebrate the birth of one of the funniest LnC fans I know! Very cute - I thought at first that you'd had some kind of breakdown and were now writing next gen fic.

Keep them coming to us for many many many years to come!

Lynn
Posted By: Pelican Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/15/03 03:33 PM
clap

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! party

Pelican smile
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/16/03 02:26 AM
Hilarious! rotflol Despite just having read Wendy's story, I was convinced that it was for someone else's bithday, as, like the others, I was convinced that there was no way that you would write something like this willingly. wink The hair, Jimmy and the kids! (Saccharine sweet comes to mind...)

Happy Birthday.

Loriel
Posted By: IreneD Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/16/03 03:44 AM
Too evil for words, Tank!

Happy Birthday!!

Irene party
Well, what they said!! I was thinking 'Geez, if Tank is doing this, it must be for the birthday of someone he *really* loves'...

Turns out, you indeed were. goofy

It was a nice and LOLly story. I enjoyed it a lot.

Keep writing, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! dance party
Posted By: merry Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/17/03 06:23 PM
Tank,
sorry I'm late in posting
I am so far behind

very funny story
Happy Birthday
merry
Posted By: Tank Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/17/03 07:10 PM
Thanks to all for the birthday wishes.

Generally, at my age, I no longer acknowlegde birthdays, but I couldn't pass up this opportunity to create the ultimate 'Barry Stew' story.

Tank (who thinks that all writers should be required to write a fic for the boards on their birthdays)
Umm...pardon my ignorance, but who's Barry Stew? huh
Posted By: Tank Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/18/03 03:59 AM
It's just my male oriented version of "Mary Sue".

Tank (who couldn't remember if there is an accepted designation for the male Mary Sue story)
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/18/03 04:01 AM
The one I've heard, Tank, is "Gary Stu" but I've no idea how "official" that might be. smile

PJ
Posted By: YConnell Re: COMMENTS: What the? a birthday fic. - 12/18/03 05:20 AM
My favourite was the red-headed Jimmy <g>. Tank, if we all wrote birthday fics for ourselves, the danger is that they'd all come out pretty much the same. Just think of all those Mary Sue and Gary Stu stories we'd get...

Yvonne
(who confesses she once wrote half of a story subtitled 'The Ultimate Mary Sue')
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards