Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: IolantheAlias FDK-The Ring Part 2 - 04/12/11 08:09 PM
Good description:
He could see the simple ring adorning her finger next to a plain wedding band for decades to come. That one graceful piece of jewelry said…“Lois.”
I like that sentence a lot.

Its band was strong and durable, able to withstand years of wear. The multifaceted stone glistened from the artificial lights above; the facets were as complex as the woman who would wear the ring. He wondered, might it shimmer even better in moonlight on her finger?
What a great question! I immediately flashed to an image of Lois in moonlight with the ring on her finger.

Are you going to get into the proposal? This fic could certainly be expanded.

Readability suggestion: I find it easier to read if you double-space between paragraphs, and start a new paragraph when each person's dialogue starts.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK-The Ring Part 2 - 04/13/11 02:48 PM
Thank you for the kind words, I thought about how the ring would look on her finger and wondered how much it would glisten in moonlight. That one little piece of jewelry symbolizes a great deal to Clark.

True I should have double spaced this part as well as part one. Going forward all my fics will be double spaced on the boards. Appreciate the tip!
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK-The Ring Part 2 - 04/13/11 02:49 PM
Nicely done!!

I enjoyed the jeweler 'knowing' Lois - nice touch!!
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK-The Ring Part 2 - 04/14/11 01:19 AM
I love all your descriptions of the ring, as well as your characterization of Clark! And the jeweler seems like a very interesting character--love how you tie it in to 'Metallo.'

Great job!
Posted By: DW Re: FDK-The Ring Part 2 - 04/14/11 04:56 AM
I also loved this part smile

And your characterizations are spot-on and I liked how the jeweler knew the hottest team in town!

Looking forward to part 3!

laugh
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK-The Ring Part 2 - 04/16/11 09:47 PM
Sweet!!! love
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards