Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AntiKryptonite FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/06/11 12:15 AM
I can't switch the posting to every-day--since I haven't yet finished writing it blush --but I'm still trying to keep to EOD.

Hope you all enjoy, and thanks for commenting!
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/06/11 07:11 AM
Yikes what a situation! I hope they both get rescued. Laura
Posted By: Joy Moony Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/06/11 10:34 AM
omg this is so tense and hairy now-- I am anxious for each part that you post. great job with the pacing and suspense!!
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/06/11 03:42 PM
Awesome job! clap More more!
Posted By: JudeMustard Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/06/11 05:03 PM
Great writing! I'm on the edge of my seat, and do think you are a most skilled and evil cliffhanger writer. Which is not good for us poor, hungry folk.

I think my favourite part of this story so far has to be the "Training in Smallville" segment. It was poetry masquerading as prose, and beautiful to read. thumbsup

I have a question at this point, though -- if it's Kryptonite gas, and Clark can obviously hold his breath for a long time... can't he just hold his breath and fly far and fast?

Eagerly awaiting the next part,
Jude
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/06/11 06:21 PM
What a tense situation! Poor Clark to be subjected to red kryptonite so soon after his recent ordeal.

I really liked this line:

They're not a malevolent force, Clark--they're part of you. And they have the same morals and integrity and heart as you do. I don't understand how you can fear your powers, not when they're only an outpouring of you."
Sounds like a tight fit to get into his Superman gear but a good idea.

Don't leave us hanging too long!
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/06/11 09:43 PM
A wonderful meditation on Clark's powers, on the necessity of control, combined with an exciting and interesting story.

What's with the gunfire? Is the cavalry riding over the hill to save them?

I can't wait for more. Please post more soon.
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/07/11 03:49 AM
Great part again and I, too, was on the edge of my seat!

I do hope that Perry and Jimmy contacted Henderson and that they are saving Lois and Clark.

Looking forward to the next part!

smile
Posted By: Jenna Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/07/11 05:33 AM
You're evil with these cliff hangers. I can't wait to see what happens next
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/07/11 10:37 AM
Another great part. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/09/11 01:36 AM
I'm glad the suspense worked for you all--and that it's exciting. Putting Superman in a believably tough situation takes a lot of work, and even more so to make it hard for him to escape. Not that I want him in danger, you understand, but I do want the feedback! smile

Thanks for reading and commenting, JudeMustard. The 'Training in Smallville' is one of my favorite parts too! I tried to make it poetic as well, so I loved your description. As to why Clark can't just hold his breath...well, that was his plan as well, but gas affects more than just your lungs. It also attacks the eyes and skin and is pervasive, clinging to cloth and flesh alike (or at least that's what my limited, Google study told me). So, he could have taken that option if he had to, but Lois is definitely hoping he doesn't! So glad you're following the story and enjoying it!

And thanks for pulling that quote, scifiJoan--that was my favorite part of this chapter.

I loved your description of this story, IolantheAlias. I really didn't set out to make it that way, but I'm quite happy with the way it's turning out.

And you'll all be happy to know that the cliff-hanger parts are pretty much all done. At least...I think they are. wink
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/10/11 05:27 AM
Clark was cute. Well, cute's probably note the perfect word for this, but still, it somehow fits. Did he really think Lois would allow him to nobly sacrifice himself? And her simply squatting on him since he's too afraid to move so he won't hurt her. Yeah, he didn't think that one through at all clap But he's still risking to kiss her. And tho stroke her cheek. clap

So, what's with the shoot-out. It sounds like the cavalry (a.k.a. Henderson and the entire 12th) is storming the warehouse. How did they get there?

Michael, who's happy about getting two more parts, too laugh
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 11/15 - 04/11/11 12:13 AM
Clark is cute all the time, isn't he? wink And I don't know that it was so much him not thinking it through as it was a matter of being rather desperate. Still, aren't we all happy Lois was there with him?

And yes, he risks touching and kissing her because, well...I guess I'll let chapter thirteen speak for itself. After all, I went to all the trouble of writing it down! laugh
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards