Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AntiKryptonite FDK: Lethal Qualities 4/15 - 03/23/11 12:25 AM
Many thanks to everyone still reading. I hope the pacing of the story isn't too slow--there's a lot for our favorite characters to work through, but that's what makes it fun! smile

Please tell me what you think!
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 4/15 - 03/23/11 07:00 AM
Poor Clark, e is so fragile right now. But I know you are going to have Lois help fix him. Laura
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 4/15 - 03/23/11 12:54 PM
I meant to say this earlier but I like the way you are naming your chapters. It’s nice to see the thematic preview at the start.

Now, as for Chapter 4:
"I sincerely doubt that you did," Henderson stated decisively. "I talked to Dr. Klein. He said that if you had really swiped Dorian at superspeed like he claims, he'd have been torn in half. Obviously, his story is bogus."
This should prove helpful at some point. Having the science on your side is the kind of thing that gets cases thrown out of court and causes higher courts to refuse appeals. Having your claims tagged as physically impossible means that you will generally never get the chance to get in front of a jury.

This is especially interesting:
I've been saying it from the beginning, and now I have absolute proof of it!
So now he’s said – in front of witnesses – that his beef with Superman goes back to before this incident. Henderson will certainly notice that. Also, even though he’s wallowing in self-recrimination, Clark should notice it as well.

Henderson sighed and slumped back into his chair. "Come on, K--uh, Superman.
shock So last chapter was Perry and now it’s Henderson.

"Oh, thank God you were here, Superman! I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't showed up. Oh, there's the police. They'll be glad to see you dealt with them already, won't they?"

It took a long moment for the cashier's individual words to register in Clark's mind, longer for him to realize that they weren't a denunciation of him at all. In fact, the man hardly seemed to notice the blood staining his forearm and dribbling down to his wrist.

"Your arm," he said aloud, his voice as desolate as a desert. "You need a doctor."

The man glanced down at the wound and shrugged. "It's hardly a scratch at all, Superman. I'd be much worse off if you hadn't arrived when you did."
Thank goodness. Not all the people in Metropolis have gone insane.

It’s great that Lois is being so supportive. He needs her this much and more. I just hope he doesn’t have an accident and hurt her. In his present state, that might destroy him.

Bob
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 4/15 - 03/23/11 03:07 PM
Love the idea of Superman re-learning to control his powers with Lois. Great idea!

Love Henderson encouraging Superman too. He doesn't have super powers but he certainly can relate to being in dangerous situations and how they affect your confidence.

I liked this part:
"Come on, K--uh, Superman. If people were afraid of you, they wouldn't accuse you to your face or pull on your cape or antagonize you. They'd be falling all over themselves trying to assure you that they were on your side. You'd be surrounded by flatterers and sycophants, not rude, paranoid creeps like the one who just left this office."
I'm curious about the slip there.

Joan
Posted By: Joy Moony Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 4/15 - 03/23/11 05:22 PM
I love that Perry and Henderson both know!
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 4/15 - 03/23/11 09:17 PM
Henderson sighed and slumped back into his chair. "Come on, K--uh, Superman."
I agree with the previous posters. Henderson knows! But has Clark figured out that Henderson knows yet? Or is Clark still too agitated to recognize Henderson's slip?

Excellent point that Henderson made, about putting it behind him and not letting it fester. Henderson recognizes burnout and obsession - yeah, the details might be different in a police officer, but the underlying structure is the same. Too bad that Superman's powers are unique, so Clark can't understand the commonality of experience.

But hey and yay! Lois will go with him and he'll re-train himself.

I love the drawn-out angst - please don't worry about the story being long. The more, the better!
Posted By: Jenna Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 4/15 - 03/24/11 06:56 AM
Great story. I can't wait to read more and find out what happens to Clark.
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 4/15 - 03/26/11 12:29 AM
Good, I’m glad people aren’t getting tired of the pacing—that’s a load off my mind! I can’t imagine having the type of powers Clark does—and not even having a choice about having them or not—and I think sometimes Clark doesn’t know how to deal with having them either.

As good as Clark’s disguise is, I’ve always figured that a couple people would figure it out after a long enough time, and Henderson was the one who found Clark when he had amnesia, so…

The questions and concerns about Dorian will have to be another ‘Read and find out.’ (I hesitate to say that too much since I don’t want to build expectations up and not fulfill them, but…) I hope where the story goes is somewhere you’ll all enjoy and find fulfilling. And of course a story that shows more of out favorite couple. smile

Thanks for the feedback!
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 4/15 - 03/26/11 05:15 AM
I also like the idea of Clark re-learning to control his powers and that Lois is so understanding and supportive.

Interesting slip there with Henderson.

Looking forward to see where you will take this smile
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: Lethal Qualities 4/15 - 03/28/11 12:37 AM
Thanks. I wasn't sure about the idea of him relearning his powers, but it proved too irresistible a challenge, and now it's one of my favorite parts. smile

Thanks for the comment!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards