All comments welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 10/19/10 05:04 AM
This was 'super' sweet! smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 10/19/10 08:21 AM
Posted by Hank:

Beautiful.
Reminds me of a story of a boy who was always picked on in school. One day as he was waking home carrying all his books he was caught by his tormentors and all his books and papers were scattered. Another boy passing by helped him gather everything and take it all home. Well they became friends and the tormented boy became more confident and was eventually selected valedictorian. In his speech he told about the day he met his friend. He said the reason he was carrying all his books was because he had decided to kill himself that afternoon and was taking everything home so that his mother wouldn't have to clean out his locker afterward.He said that helping hand changed his mind.
So.. Change the world. perform an act of random kindness.Pass it on.
I've moved it into here and deleted it from the end of the story post.
Posted By: DW Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 10/19/10 02:49 PM
Aww, that was sweet!

smile
Posted By: Deja Vu Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 10/19/10 03:31 PM
That was enjoyable! At first, I even thought the speaker might be Clark. :p This bit of bonding was great for both of them. I can only imagine how Clark must have felt--imagine having to save such a young boy from suicide. That would have been really tragic if Superman hadn't been around.

At least Jeff did get some Super assistance. smile A kindred spirit definitely helps.

Great little story with a lot of feeling!
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 10/19/10 07:02 PM
Awwww! clap Any chance of a sequel? smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 10/20/10 08:16 AM
Thank you all for your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Hank, what a powerful story. Thank you for sharing it.

QotC, I had planned this to be a standalone, but when I read your request, I suddenly had an idea for a companion piece. Look for "Tall Poppy Syndrome" to be dropped, I hope, some time in the next few weeks.

Deja Vu, there was so much I wanted to say about Clark's reactions, but since I wanted this story to be entirely from Jeff's POV, I couldn't. Tall Poppy Syndrome will be entirely from Clark's POV and will give me a chance to explore his thoughts and feelings.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 10/21/10 08:12 PM
Very well done, Lynn. Thanks for sharing it, and I'm looking forward to the companion piece.

Happy
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 10/22/10 05:30 PM
Hi Happy Girl,

Thank you for your feedback! :-)

The companion piece, which has been renamed as "From the Outside" has been written and is currently in the editing phase.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 12/21/10 07:41 AM
I really enjoyed the intensity of this story. Much of it was heart-breaking, but in a good, thought-provoking way.

"I do enjoy flying, but it's just as lonely up there as it is down here."
That's a zinger, because it's absolutely true and I never really thought of CK's feelings in exactly that way before.

And what a sweet conclusion. This is a very nice piece of work!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 12/21/10 08:24 AM
Thank you, Mrs. Mosley. I'm glad you liked the story. And I'm glad that the "authors' opinions" thread is proving useful to others, as well. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 01/21/11 01:41 AM
I loved the poignancy of this story, as well as the clearly-drawn thoughts of Jeff. His situation was sad, but I loved how Clark--or, excuse me, Superman--was able to help him see the bright side. That seems to be what Clark does no matter what he's wearing, where he is, or what he's doing. I loved your characterization of him, and the conversation with the boy--very touching. Thanks.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Looking In (1/1) - 01/21/11 08:09 AM
Hi AntiKryptonite,

Thanks for the feedback. Receiving FDK for a story posted some time earlier is always a delightful surprise.

That seems to be what Clark does no matter what he's wearing, where he is, or what he's doing.
Which is one of the reasons we all love him! smile

Joy,
Lynn
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards