Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Female Hawk FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/22/10 06:01 PM
Preview of 43

"I'll walk to Glenferrie Road and get us something to eat on the train," he said.

"OK, thanks. Don't be long."

"I won't be. There's still a bit to do here; I won't hold you up."

"That isn't what I meant," she said. "I meant that I don't want to be away from you for even a second longer than necessary."

With a smile, Clark leant over and kissed her. "I'll be back soon with something hot and tasty," he promised.

Lois grinned, as if at an amusing secret, but said nothing.

"What?" he asked.

"Hot and tasty," Lois said still grinning. "Just like you."
FDK goes here.

Thank you,

Corrina.
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/22/10 11:00 PM
So glad Clark didn't try to "reason" with Mayson or even go in or near her eek , but just went to plan b and got clothes from Kansas.

Enjoying your story very much and want more more more!!! hyper
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/23/10 03:41 AM
smile1 thumbsup

Elizabeth
Posted By: Joy Moony Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/23/10 05:02 AM
Looking forward to seeing Mayson get her comeuppance. I am learning a lot from this story and enjoying it
Posted By: DW Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/23/10 07:46 AM
Loved that Clark just skipped confronting Mayson and got clothes from Smallville smile

Their reunion was very sweet and the preview looks great for the next part!

laugh
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/23/10 09:30 AM
So they are going to blithely tease each other for the next two weeks? Well...if they can take it, I guess so can I...
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/23/10 10:50 AM
I too loved that Clark left Mayson alone in his apartment and just flew to his parents for clothes!

Esmeralda was disgusting. Clark has absolutely no reason to trust her, after what she has done before. Even so, it was heartening that he wouldn't spy on Lois just to prove Esmeralda wrong. Ignore her, Clark, just like you did with Mayson!

Ann
Posted By: tooaddicted2tv Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/23/10 12:01 PM
Such a sweet ending! The teaser is so cute! I can't wait to read about their time together out in the open!

I wish Lois had time to come to the states to visit Clark and then she can kick Maysons butt!

I wonder if Clark will tell Lois about Mayson... In one sense I hope so, so I can see jealous Lois aka 'Mad Dog' and yet I don't cause I don't want her to get all upset and then it cause a fight....

Continue soon!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/23/10 01:06 PM
"Nigel St John," Clark said.
hyper

"And I'd planned to edit Mayson's story before I leave - the one about the death of the inmate in Metropolis Prison."
/starts cackling evilly/ Yes! Mayson is investigating Resurrection. /goes looking for something to scrape Mayson from the building she will be splattered against when her car blows up/

Your idea of me doing the early 'shift' and you covering the late hours has revolutionised my life.
Wow, you jumped over how many days there? clap

But you're Clark Kent, gentleman of extraordinary sweetness, so I imagine that, by tomorrow, my love will have grown again
And so will her frustration...

Did I already say clap ?

Michael
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/23/10 08:19 PM
Great part. I'm glad Clark chose not to deal with Mayson. Let her lie there in a cold lonely bed. The woman is beyond chutzpah.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/23/10 08:50 PM
Ooh, is something going to happen that Clark can't get back with the food in the next part?? Can't git rid of that thought from reading your preview. huh
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/23/10 10:15 PM
Evelyn Sometimes I think more can be achieved with wisdom than with confict. I quite like the idea of Mayson waiting there for a long time. laugh

RE your later comment. Others may do it differently, but I don't deliberately pick the preview to lead or mislead. I give it very little thought - I usually just choose a few lines that I like. Therefore, the preview doesn't point to something big about to happen. In this case, Clark gets back safely - and I chose that bit for the 'hot and tasty' comment.

Thanks, Evelyn.

Elizabeth Glad you liked the reunion. It *would* be difficult only being able to see someone when you are hidden away. I have a nice Sunday planned for them. Thanks.

Joy Hi. Thanks for your comment. I've really enjoyed taking the characters I love and putting them in familiar (to me) surroundings. I'm so glad others are enjoying it, too.

DW Thanks. I'll post the next part as soon as I get 49 to the BRs.

SJH This is the weekend before the wedding, and we slip through the week ahead quite quickly. Thanks!

Ann Glad you liked Clark's handling of the Mayson problem. The thought of her waiting and waiting still makes me smile. Thanks, Ann.

2A2TV Clark will tell Lois about Mayson. If he didn't, and she ever found out, it's going to look like he was hiding something.

Thanks.

Michael You picked that it was NSJ about three parts ago, Michael!

Wow, you jumped over how many days there?
I jumped from Saturday night to Thursday between chapters! Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

she's gone on a walkabout
LOL. (Just letting you know, it's 'gone walkabout'. Sadly, this great Aussie term is now considered a little derogatory to Indigenous Australians and not used much. Some have argued that it equates being Indigenous with being unreliable. If it was used that way, I can see their point. However, I mostly heard it used in reference to non-Indigenous Australians and in such a way that clearly no offence was meant - ie exactly how you used it, Michael.)

Ooo, that would be fun. Or he could drop by as Superman and call out 'Clark, sweetie, I'm ho-ome!'.
You need to write 'The Birthday Present - What Really Happened' and put this in. It would be hilarious.

Thanks for the FDK, Michael

Artemis He will have to deal with Mayson - just not yet.

Thanks.

Corrina.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/24/10 02:57 PM
ie exactly how you used it, Michael
blush Got this one from Babylon 5 smile

You need to write 'The Birthday Present - What Really Happened' and put this in. It would be hilarious.
laugh Glad you had fun with TBP. Don't think this is a good fit for What Really Happened. Would have to do a completely rewrite and different setup. E.g. no Jimmy. And possibly no Lois either. Or he catched Lois and tricks her. /quickly hides thread from Muse./

Michael
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 08/25/10 01:22 AM
Delightful part. Loved the bit with Mayson and the neighbor.

I hope one of Clark's neighbors calls the cops.

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
[QUOTE]...he could drop by as Superman and call out 'Clark, sweetie, I'm ho-ome!'
Mayson would love that. Front page "Superman Gay" and "Ultra Woman - Superman's Beard" and "Super marriage a sham"
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Aussie Rules (42/?) - 09/01/10 09:56 PM
Michael I'm sure you could adapt the story to fit!

Framework Thanks for the FDK.

I hope one of Clark's neighbors calls the cops.
I've always assumed Clark doesn't have really close relationships with his neighbours, and wouldn't encourage them to keep an eye on his apartment - too much chance they might notice things he doesn't want them to notice!

Corrina.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards